Landmark Terrain: Chasm

mrtn

Shaven not stirred
This is Landmark terrain for C3C. It's a Chasm graphic, and as I'm such a service minded modder, I have made two versions of it, one based on hills, and one on mountains.

A word of warning: As the game treats this terrain as mountains/hills, you might get strange effects if you try to place the chasm right by a mountain or hill.

The yellow diamonds are only visible in the editor. :)
It is made for warpstorms watercolor terrain, but I think that it will look good in other terrain sets too.

The Maakengorge in my upcoming Magnamund Mod:

Attachments

• landmark_chasm_by_mrtn.zip
    57.6 KB · Views: 640
Originally posted by Yoda Power
Very nice:goodjob: I didn´t knew you had graphic skills.
Well, actually I have photoshop skills. ;)
These are conversions from the underwater chasms in ToT's fantasy scenario.

Originally posted by mrtn
Well, actually I have photoshop skills. ;)
These are conversions from the underwater chasms in ToT's fantasy scenario.
Lol, I just thought you had made them since they are for the Water color terrian.

Originally posted by Yoda Power
Lol, I just thought you had made them since they are for the Water color terrian.
Well, I have modded them a bit, of course. From the start they where half the size, and green-blue.

Originally posted by embryodead
Looks very good :thumbsup: and fits Sn00pys too. Now, can you make a plateau / "ridge" mountains? :)
Could you give a pic with them in sn00py's? ;)

And I have my doubts about plateaus, I think that the randomness of the map generator wouldn't allow that, unless you where lucky. And what are ridge mountains? :hmm:

Cool, I could you these for the mod I'm doing after my current one. "The Wheel of Time." I needed chasms for the Waste.

Could you give a pic with them in sn00py's? ;)

And I have my doubts about plateaus, I think that the randomness of the map generator wouldn't allow that, unless you where lucky. And what are ridge mountains? :hmm:

but landmarks arent for random maps are they? ;) I've put ridge in inverted commas since it was just my lousy attempt to describe it... I guess plateau is better.
The pic you asked:

Attachments

• untitled-1.jpg
    untitled-1.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 2,504
Looks pretty good on both mine and Sn00py's. Great job, mrtn.

neat stuff, gonna have to see if I can use this anywhere.

- GIDustin

Nice.
I also thaught of a funny little use for them called "What if Columbus was wrong?" and perhaps have these landmars as the edge of the world. I wonder how that would work.

An idea for non-random maps:
Make hills impassable. Use chasms as LM Hills.
Make mountains passable, use hills as LM Mountains.
With this setup you can normal (passable, workable) hills and mountains, and completly impassable chasms! Cool, huh? :D

That's an AMAZING idea!

These graphics are amazing aswell
I have a question thoug, if you put like four in a swuare together, does it look like a giant hole? That would be fun, regardless if it's right or not.
I love these
Thanks!

but landmarks arent for random maps are they? ;)
I didn't mean that randomness. :p
Look, at the pic you posted we should have one gigantic chasm, not two chasms. You wouldn't get large plateaus, but just many small ones side by side.

computerdude; you'd probably get a ring of chasms. The "lonely" chasm look like hole though.

An idea for non-random maps:
Make hills impassable. Use chasms as LM Hills.
Make mountains passable, use hills as LM Mountains.
With this setup you can normal (passable, workable) hills and mountains, and completly impassable chasms! Cool, huh? :D
the problem with one of these ideas is that the hill gfx are smaller than the mountain gfx, so you have to cut off the peaks from the mountains if you want to make LMHills look like mountains. I know, I've made some LMHills that look like mountains with tunnel-openings.

the problem with one of these ideas is that the hill gfx are smaller than the mountain gfx, so you have to cut off the peaks from the mountains if you want to make LMHills look like mountains. I know, I've made some LMHills that look like mountains with tunnel-openings.

No. Read Again :p I don't want LMHills to look like mountains, but LM Mountains looks like hills. The fact that hills gfx are smaller was the reason that I put it this way, not vice versa.

The only prob then becomes that hills and mountains will have to share the resources. You cannot say a resource can appear on a tile, but not the LM version of the tile.

ALTHOUGH with mountains and hills being so similar, it shouldnt be too big of a problem.

- GIDustin

Top Bottom