[LP] Leader Pass Pack 2: Great Commanders (Dec. 2022) - Patch Notes Discussion

why they also haven’t fixed AI not developing luxuries in the luxury centric game mode yet is beyond me.
Presumably issues with Modes are slightly lower priority.

It’s great science has been fixed but why they also haven’t fixed the AI not developing luxuries in the luxury centric game mode yet is beyond me.
@Noble Zarkon and @SammyKhalifa both have good opinions, but I'd also like to add that patience is key. Perhaps they will fix the Industries issue, just not during this patch and a little patience is needed until, hopefully, the next patch or patches.

I know we are not getting the leaders on Switch any time soon or never. I assume we didn't get the patch either

@Noble Zarkon and @SammyKhalifa both have good opinions, but I'd also like to add that patience is key. Perhaps they will fix the Industries issue, just not during this patch and a little patience is needed until, hopefully, the next patch or patches.
Yeah don't get me wrong, that's the most promising mode besides barbs, can't wait for it to be working right.

Thanks for checking, guess my AI Sensible Science Mod is still needed!
Don't know what the sensible Mod is, but the reason why they changed the focus on Science districts in the first place was because there was a general consensus that the AI was neglecting Science in favour of other districts.

So AI still favouring Campus and Theatre seems reasonable.

So many bug fixes. "Incredible". We can now play Monopolies & Corporations (which was paid a money by a consumer) because AI`s finally improving resources. Joke.

I know we are not getting the leaders on Switch any time soon or never. I assume we didn't get the patch either
Turn her on and load her up. Only way to know if there is a patch - it'll ask you to update it. I think.

So I'm playing a game now and got hit with the culture industry bug. I have the game from Epic.

Does this mean that if I save and then reload the game, the patch will install and then I should be able to play forward without the bug?

Or is there some other way to reverse the bug and salvage the game?

So you when you research Classical Republic it no longer automatically takes you the Policy screen to potentially switch. You have to manually unlock it for 50 gold.... this a bug?

Sounds like it? Do you mean it's like when you try to change a card early, and you have to pay to swap it? Except you shouldn't have to because you've just finished researching an applicable civic. If so, then yeah, new bug. Or your game just glitched - we'll find out soon enough from the angry posts if it's replicable, lol

You think they're ever gonna change the main menu at some point? It still just says "Gathering Storm", even though there's a been a whole bunch of additional content since then.

They made this neat graphic for Anthology a year or so ago, but I guess an animated menu is a bit more work, huh.

Sounds like it? Do you mean it's like when you try to change a card early, and you have to pay to swap it? Except you shouldn't have to because you've just finished researching an applicable civic. If so, then yeah, new bug. Or your game just glitched - we'll find out soon enough from the angry posts if it's replicable, lol
No not early lol

Was researching Gunpowder when I realized I was still ruling as Chieftain. Had to manually unlock it to change.

Nope. They changed it for the expansion packs. They've only released DLCs since (albeit you can buy them as a multipack), and they're not going to change it for DLCs.

So I'm playing a game now and got hit with the culture industry bug. I have the game from Epic.

Does this mean that if I save and then reload the game, the patch will install and then I should be able to play forward without the bug?

Or is there some other way to reverse the bug and salvage the game?
I am glad my reported issue finally got fixed after almost two years. You should install the patch and see. However the way that specific bug behaves - the policy being lost on era change - I assume the game is not salvageable after you got the bug, however if you reload an autosave from before the era switch, the bug should not appear.

While we're discussing bugs and odd behaviours which would be nice were they addressed, does anyone else notice that the AI will often ignore meteor falls? I like winning the race to a meteor, but nothing feels good about getting one 30 tiles away from your closest unit when the AI has units easily closer and should have prioritised picking it up.

While we're discussing bugs and odd behaviours which would be nice were they addressed, does anyone else notice that the AI will often ignore meteor falls? I like winning the race to a meteor, but nothing feels good about getting one 30 tiles away from your closest unit when the AI has units easily closer and should have prioritised picking it up.
I may be wrong, but I think this is related to the AI's general behavior for Goody Huts.

I don't think the AI ever picks up Goody Huts unless they're in the player's active vision (ie, wholly revealed and not in the fog of war).

Top Bottom