Leugi's Israel for VP

Trying them out now, everything is working so far. Running as Authority right now, mostly because my continent has both Kilimanjaro and the Fountain of Youth.

Shofar seems to be doing 40 damage all the time? The Civilopedia says they do 20, doubled if blockaded, but:

Spoiler :

EDIT: Dunno why it caught both monitors. Sorry about that.

EDIT 2: I watched a city's HP just now. Even though it says 40 on-screen, the HP went from 146 to 126 when it activated, so it seems the numbers are correct.

Last edited:
Bold. The Tradition synergy is so striking I thought I made Arabia 2.0. The solid faith generation will flow easily into a zealotry build. Hope it goes well!

Bonuses for killing barbs, a lightning quick swordy, a general made for sieging, improvements on tiles from both the UA and UI did not suggest Arabia 2.0 to my mind. I initially couldn't decide which way I was going to go; Tradition is definitely implied by the kit, but all those things put together made a solid argument for warmongering in my mind. Having India as my immediate neighbor pushed me further that direction (how else was I going to do anything with my religion?); finding Kilimanjaro sealed the deal; finding the Fountain of Youth cemented it and lined the cement with titanium.

Seems to be going okay on Emperor.

Spoiler :

Last edited:
Yaaaay! I am happy to hear the civ isn't as pigeonholed as I feared.

When I have played Israel before, I just build/buy a warrior first, smack it into the nearest barb camp I can find for the early pantheon, and that's about all the barb bonus I rely on. I know the Authority barb bonus synergy exists, but I only use it to clear out city horde quests after that.

just finished my game, so I can upload a new version of Israel soon!

Last edited:
Also, just checked and the notifications were reversed for the blockaded and non-blockaded versions. They are giving the right damage, but the blockaded one says 20 and non-blockaded one says 40. Oops.

Thanks for catching that!

Just wondering do all the new changes for ai included by Recursive also affects all your modded civs?

I think they should. Yes. He isn't making any changes that are specific to some civs, but not others. At least that's my understanding.

As of the new version of VP, enabling Israel breaks 3/4UC for other civs; specifically, the two JFD/ @HungryForFood civs that I use (Japan with Hideki Tojo and USA with Franklin D. Roosevelt) both lose their additional UCs if Israel is enabled. IIRC, I was using Roosevelt and Israel together without any problems in the previous patch, although I couldn't swear to that.

And Israel for me did not get the Wonder and can build Temples … something is borked.
no_wonder.jpg
Temple.jpg

G cleared Israel off the repository. It’s possible you aren’t using the newest version.

I’m gone until 2nd week of January. A hotfix isn’t in the cards.

This one worked flawlessly ! Do not use the link on page 1: outdated version.

Turn 211 on an Authority Israel.

Thank you !

This is the version I'm using; Israel itself works fine, but it is incompatible with the above-mentioned civs, at least if I want them to have third and fourth uniques.

Some final tweaks to David's speech. He was using some of the same line's as Leugi's Aymara civ, so he kept referencing the Qullqana people. Unhelpful.

Collapsed 4UC and the base mod into a single mod; moved the 4UC components to the 4UC mod.

A small mistake on v15 that makes a texture error:

\MODS\(7c) Leugi's Israel for VP\VPCompatibility\VP_Changes.sql
line 127
Code:
        ('ISRAEL_PROMOTION_ATLAS',                     256,         'Israel_PI_0256.dds',                4,                 1);
must be replaced with:
Code:
        ('ISRAEL_PROMOTION_ATLAS',                     256,         'Israel_PI_256.dds',                4,                 1);

Last edited:
Hey Dan, with Israel getting rolled into vox populi proper, have you been able to fix the issues with the JFD civs? A mid-game with his real and don't have your newest version so I can't test that myself right now, but as it stands, I have to choose between having Israel enabled or having the jfd civilizations ( Japan and America) enabled, at least if I want everybody to have their third and fourth uniques.

What logs are needed? Do you want me to just start up a game with everything enabled or what?

database log and lua log. start up a game and lets have a look. I dont use hungry's mods and I can't for the life of me imagine how they might conflict

Top Bottom