1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

LINESII- Into the Darkness

Discussion in 'Never Ending Stories' started by Lord_Iggy, Feb 21, 2006.

1. Kentharu

Kentharu Zebra Commander

Gorin sees no reason why Gerber should not be able to join the CRA. However Gerber has in the past, invaded nations without much provacation. Gorin hopes this will not continue.

2. Silver Steak

Silver Steak The Ghost of SS

Oooh, our club is becoming popular! Anyway, it's called the Crystal Ridge Alliance. I, for one, is reluctant. Shalamari has yet to forget that you actually closed your borders against us and refused to reply to our diplomatic messages. There is also the defensive alliance Gerber and Nkondi has against Shalamari. These are matter that only concerns Gerber and Shalamari. As for the rest of the alliance, Gerber does not share the intimate bonds the nations of the CRA has cherished for the duration of the Great War. Indeed, our oaths of brotherhood did not break even in our darkest hour. you can request all you want, but Shalamari will most likely be against it - at least per the status quo.

Simply put, you will have to earn a measure of trust. And cancel that awfully threatening alliance with Nkondi. After all, it will not be needed when we eventually are forced to team up in a combined effort against the Lengels...

3. Oruc

Oruc Reactionary

how is a defensive alliance threatening?

4. Kentharu

Kentharu Zebra Commander

Gorin concurs with the Shalamri. Perhaps after a few more years (like 1-2 turns)

5. ~Darkening~

~Darkening~ Weep, Mother.

To the Crystal Alliance
    From Davar

After some thought we have agreed to open the city of Lone (city nearest Veritas) to trade from your alliance. We believe that by doing this we can further incease our relations with your league and hopefully put this whole fiascal behind us.

We also wish to ask that votes be held both in the Autonomous Governorate of Kerania and the Province of Strategium if they would prefer to be independant or join with Davar. If they choose to join wish us, we will take full responsibility for their payments.

6. Silver Steak

I just realized what Thlayli said... Pull out 200k population? :eek: I hope you're talking in the long term, right? Logistically, it's a nightmare. Plus I doubt every Veritasian, indeed even every Valin wants to leave. How can a broken government manage to pull through such a gigantic project when their subjects barely tolerate them? Not to mention they don't really have anywhere to leave? Or are they supposed to be crammed together on that little Exile Island? ACH, it makes NO SENSE!

7. Silver Steak

how can you be allied with a nation, and still have a defensive alliance AGAINST it? ;) It's a polite way to say that you're expecting a backstab. And are prepared accordingly.

8. Oruc

Oruc Reactionary

They have a defensive alliance agaisnt you? wont it just be a defensive alliance in general. Asking them cancel the alliance seems alot more threatening to me.

9. Swiss Bezerker

Swiss Bezerker Emperor

You took the words right out of my mouth. Come on, man, you even said it was defensive. How is it threatening?

And yes SS, i obviously told Iggy to sign that alliance 5 updates just so i prepare for backstabing if I joined the CRA. And since my internet was down when it was signed, i sent a postcard to iggy. In Yukon.

Jesus christ SS, your just angry because Nkondi took some land from you, and your taking it out on me.

10. Kentharu

Kentharu Zebra Commander

From Gorin
    To Davar

Gorin would prefer if the said provinces remain independent. In time they will grow and perhaps then they will join you, until then, they shall remain independent.

11. Oruc

Oruc Reactionary

If Shalamari signed a defensive with Gerber it would effectively combine both allainces thereby securing peace in the area.

12. Swiss Bezerker

Swiss Bezerker Emperor

And BTW emu: which nation are you? Your one of the expansion ones, right?

13. Oruc

Oruc Reactionary

Well im not sure what you mean by expansion ones but, Im Malkavia in the north above the Citadel (red), next to Gamorea (brown) and close to Ikki (blue/mountains)

14. Lord_Iggy

Lord_Iggy Tsesk'ihe

Yup.

Hopefully, it will make it until the future era then end when someone decides to blow up the planet.

@People discussing future division of Veritas. Uh, the Zibonese lived to the south of the Emorans, although there was some mixing. Emor could take back some of its homelands without annoying the Zibonese too much.

15. Oruc

Oruc Reactionary

Did the Citadel give me the Bronze?

16. Lord_Iggy

Lord_Iggy Tsesk'ihe

...I... believe so.

17. ~Darkening~

~Darkening~ Weep, Mother.

These "provinces" will never be truly independant. They're really nothing more than puppet states set up by your alliance to prevent the growth of Veritas again. They will truly never grow and will only be at the hands of your whims and desires. All we want is a vote so these people can decide for theirselves their own future. After we have complied with all of your requests so far this shouldn't be such a deal. Let these people decide for themselves their own future and allow the vote.

18. Kentharu

Kentharu Zebra Commander

You are very correct. That is the purpose of the provinces, to stop the rebirth of another imperialistic Veritas. Gorin will, however, reconsider the vote, after all, Gorin is not and never has been a republic, and neither should its vassal states. Gorin has not forgotten your invlolvment in the Great War. Again, we will reconsider.

ooc i really will mate, just give me a bit of time

19. Kentharu

Kentharu Zebra Commander

The Aftermath

Chaos, was what occurred at in the Red Valley, as the Gorin generals had dubbed it. Red with the blood of the Veritas fools. The rotting bodies of soldiers still lay there, it had been untouched. Such carnage had taken place here. Some say they can still hear the screams of dying Veritas soldiers. Some say that the spirits of the died soldiers would haunt the Red Valley for all eternity. This was war. the death, the carnage, the stench of corpses rotting and festering. War was brutal, there was nothing pretty about it. The Great War showed every nation that war was not the way to solve anything, but at times, when facing great evil, it is necessary. But not, finally, with the fall of the corrupt Republic of Veritas, peace could be once more found. Rajo Oborski, successor to the mantle of the Lord Kaiser, had already laid out plans to push the Gorinese Empire into a state of growth, instead of a state of war.

First Step

Before anything is taken into consideration, one must first know that a nation mobilized for war is pushed to the peek of is production capabilities, and in the majority of cases, performs to the best of its ability. Gorin, before the rain of the Lord Kaisers, had been a rather peaceful, isolationistic society. The Rowanthi'Orti were wise, but weak in bringing forth the authority to raise Gorin out of the mediocre and into glory. This was why Anthi Oborski, the first and perhaps the greatest Lord Kaiser in Gorin history, took control of the declining nation. With a strong central government, and authoritarian rule the machine of efficiency that is Gorin, was pushed further and further. However it was not as aggressive as it seemed, it was perhaps more like a sleeping giant, and when rosed it would bring terror down onto its opponents. Taking all of this into consideration, as well as the growing popularity of Masra in Gorin (Gorin’s own religion), Rajo Oborski faced a decision. Settle down for peace finally and stabilize the economy, or again mobilize for war against the new threat, the Lengel.

Bad Politics

Like any great power that falls, a power vacuum would inevitably be created. It seemed that this vacuum. Davar sought to claim lands of the broken Veritas, Khemri held the wealth of the crumbles of Veritas, the Shalamari was now in a position to take back the lands the Nkondi had stolen, and Gorin lay almost unharmed, save for its economy which was already recovering. Many speculated that Davar, Veritas’ semi-puppet state and reluctant co-conspirator, would take up the majority of Veritas lands as it united the independent provinces of Veritas through the Church of One. However it was probably most likely that Khemri would fill the void that Veritas had left. Now that the war was over, and now that Delhi belong to Khemri, they could begin rebuilding, which would mean a Khemri that had almost double the power as before.
    The Shalamari, now free from the burden of war, and now free to rebuild its army, which had taken the majority of the casualties along with Khemri, could focus on restoring its half shattered lands. The appearance of the Lengel seems to be the perfect opportunity for this. With the Nkondi distracted the lands it stole would no doubt fall back into Shalamari hands. It may even provide an opportunity for the Shalamari to finally begin expanding, instead of being cut off on al sides.
    Gorin of course, was in the best position to both recover from the Great War, and fight the Lengel by proxy and head on if necessary. Since the beginning of the Great War, Gorin had been safe behind its allies. But it had in no way, stayed out of the fighting. The Lord Kaiser Anthi Oborski III (the Lord Kaiser in command at the beginning of the Great War) had instead used its nations love of technology to supply its allies with the best of the best. Catapults, bronze, Ramids and swords, all were given to Gorin’s allies in order to fight the battle against the corrupt Veritas. Some may think this was nothing, but the war was won on technology that the Veritas did not have. In effect, Anthi Oborski III had used Gorinese culture, which is heavily dependent on technological advances, to supply its allies. This not only held the Gorinese Empire together through this long war, but united the nation like never before.
    However Rajo Oborski knew that another war like the Great War could not be fought, for you see, many people in Gorin did not feel any connection to the war. It was fought far away in a foreign land over what? Rajo Oborski knew that if the Gorinese Empire was to go to war again, especially in such a short time, that the enemy would have to be right at its door step. War would have to wait.

Stablizing

With new nations springing up around the Gorinese Empire, the geopolitical situation had changed drastically. Gorin had new enemies to deal with and potential allies to strengthen. Croyodon was a potential ally, their small but growing nation had proved to be one of the crucial elements that would bring Gorin out of a stagnant economy and into one that could flourish and grow. Trade had helped the developed the city of Dasht into a vibrant center of commerce. With Lord Kaiser Rajo Oborski’s plans of building up the infrastructure of Gorin as well as providing heavy investments into developing the cultural value of the mountain cities, mainly Hemleth, the Empire that is Gorin could remain solidified against its enemies, both new and old.

20. Kal'thzar

Kal'thzar Deity

Dark, I'm ok with you asking for a vote, but leave it for a Turn ok? Just until after the fallout of this turn.

SB, I for one am more ok with you joining, however if my allies have concerns you'll have to deal with them.