LK154 - CCM - Bablyon

Again, my responses are necessarily general, but if you can certainly pull those trades off, a fourfer looks pretty good even if we don't get gpt back.

Our challenge is simply to keep up at this age. I say go for it.

IIRC no early artillery has bombardment. That and no armies, is part of why this is so different from the base game.

In previous CCM games, we would only get the first units with artillery capacity--Zeppelins, I believe--when we were about to win with the usual troika of WWI tanks, armoured cars, and fast settlers.

Mathematics will let us build the Siege Workshop (acts as a barracks) which produces Catapults/Trebuchets once every 8 turns.
Since Babylon and Nineveh have barracks the Workshop should be built in one of our other cities.

I can load the saves now. :rockon: I tried WinRar first and it worked; I'm sure the other suggestions would have worked too. My thanks to all.

Tusker, these observations may be out of date now, but anyway:

1. We somehow haven't built National Symbol in our capital. We can fix that in one turn.

2. Assuming that Nineveh has completed slavery, granaries should be the highest-priority improvement in all our cities except Babylon.

Pre-turn: Change tile assignment at Ninevah for an extra beaker. Start the road mentioned in Joe's handoff notes

T1:
I accidentally move a ship into the sea - but that ends its turn. Oops-not like the C3C movement rules :(

T2:
Ship survives.
Enslaver kills a Chasqui Scout near Ellipi, no Slave.
Greece and Inca have Code of Laws now. That doesn't help the trading situation any.

T3:

Consider trade options...
Buy Riding from Greece for 20gpt + 212 gold.
Sell Riding to Israel for Math + 2gpt + 64 gold :D
Sell Math to France and China for a total 96 gold.
Buy Trade from Nubia for 2gpt + 190 gold and Math + Riding.
Sell Trade and Math to Scandinavia for Seafaring and 42 gold.

Sliders are at 10/80/10 (Sci/tax/lux), +7gpt, and the only tech we don't know yet is Code of Laws, known to Greece and Inca.

I switch Babylon to National Symbol.

T4:
This turn, both Greece and Inca also have Philosophy. Looks like Inca sold it to Greece on the inter-turn :( No one else really has any money to speak of.

T5:
We meet Canada. They're down Riding, and they have 5 gold.

We lose an exploring Enkidu Warrior to an Enslaver near Scandinavia.
France boots us.
Assur: Granary > Siege Workshop

T6:
Build Akkad at the IC site.

China kills one of our Enslavers

T7:

Israel knows Philosophy! Too bad we can't afford any trades :(

We lose another exploring Enkidu, this one near France.

T8:
We lose an Enslaver trying to capture a Nubian Warrior
Disaster strikes as I'm writing the above line - one of our Workers picks up my keystrokes as a command to automove somewhere! :mad:
I reload the autosave - that's just not cool, C3C.
Greece has Literature, but we still can't afford anything.

T9:
Lots of civs have Construction now.

China completes Oracle

T10:

Just moving troops...

Attachments

• LK154-940 BC.SAV
    700.2 KB · Views: 116
  • empire_Babs_T70.jpg
    empire_Babs_T70.jpg
    209.6 KB · Views: 190
Lurker:

Always hated the location of the auto button. It should have been moved or better yet eliminated. Make it a preference choice.

China kills one of our Enslavers
Mega ouch. We are having really bad luck this game getting free workers. Can we make sure we start stacking units on top the enslavers to protect them? CCM is really worker poor early on, and we need some free workers.

ROSTER:

LKendter (on deck)
Greebley
Jersey Joe
Elephantium
Northern Pike (up)

Yes, I'm coming around to the opinion that slavers should be automatically protected by other units, as we do with workers and settlers. The more cautious we are with them, the more they do for us in the end.

I've got it. If I understand correctly where we are on the settler cycle, we won't have important decisions this round.

Only trade options. We're a bit behind on tech again (sigh). Philosophy, Construction, Code of Laws, and Literature (only from Greece) are known, but we didn't have the gpt to make any deals at the end of my round.

Not a problem--it was worth tying up our gpt for a fourfer.

We have 3 civs backwards versus us. If we get lucky, and they go down a different path we may gain tech that way.

940 (0): We can pull off a Philosophy-Code of Laws twofer, but I don't want to commit the last of our gpt without getting the more expensive Construction as well.

Ellipi granary --> slavery, Akkad Islamic Community [=IS] --> National Symbol [=NS].

Nineveh autoproduces a slaver.

900 (1): Our western transport ship meets the Americans. They're ahead of us by the familiar CoL-Philosophy-Construction group and they don't change the trade position for us.

We make a straight exchange of Iron Working for Code of Laws with the French.

860 (2): Babylon marketplace --> Enkidu, Nineveh granary --> harbour.

820 (3): Babylon Enk --> World Religion Islam, Assur Siege Workshop --> marketplace.

780 (4): We should be able to pull off the combination we've been looking for by starting with Literature rather than Construction. We send 190 gold and 21 gpt to Greece for Literature, which is presently a duopoly amongst known civs. Next we send Literature to Nubia for 204 gold and 6 gpt. Then we trade Literature, 224 gold, and 22 gpt to Israel for Construction. Finally we pass Literature on to Canada, along with 1 gpt, for Philosophy.

This sequence leaves us fully caught up in tech in the known world, except that the Incas have Religion (on which we can now start our fifty-turn run).

As a fringe benefit of our spreading Literature around, several civs begin the Great Library, and most of them are going to end up wasting a lot of shields. :evil:

Babylon autoproduces a war chariot and Nineveh autoproduces a worker, both in their preliminary forms.

740 (5): Two of our luxury deals run out, and we can only renew one--Philosophy to the Vikings for furs.

Akkad NS --> granary.

700 (6): Our western exploring transport, practically at the North Pole, meets the Mongols. Unfortunately they're severely backward and practically broke. They have dyes for their own use so perhaps they'll hook up a second source soon.

660 (7): We send Literature to China for wines and 22 gold, and we're back to two luxuries.

We get iron hooked up.

The Israelites build Jewish World Religion. Although I know Civinator will mention Dome of the Rock here ;), I'll make my traditional joke: it's not as though they have a lot of competition. :lol:

620 (8): Our policy of caution and patience gets one of our two slavers a safe shot against an uncovered Russian worker, which it enslaves.

Nineveh harbour --> swordsman.

The Israelites and Greeks establish embassies with us.

580 (9): Our eastern exploring ship meets the Dutch--another backward, broke, and presently useless contact.

Babylon autoproduces a clan/settler.

540 (10): Our eastern exploring ship meets the Indochinese. They're about equal to us in everything, and don't have any resources we need.

One slaver victory this round produced a slave.

Fateful choices:

Top Bottom