LK159 - CCM 2.4, Egypt

Yeah, but I didn't make a second copy of the Art/Sounds/Text folders under Scenarios. Windows says it'll take 22 hours to do so :eek:

Time for plan B: Nuke that folder and start over!

State of Egypt:
Sliders at 6.0.4, researching Iron Working (ok, looking at the Science Advisor, it's Philosophy that comes after Mysticism, but it also has Maths as a prerequisite).

3 cities, about to be 4:
Thebes, size 9, grow in 7. 2f, 10s, 18g. Building Academy in 6.
Memphis, size 7, grow in 3. 4f, 7s, 12g. Building Academy in 10.
Heliopolis, size 3, grow in 10. 2f, 4s, 3g. Building Slavery in 8.

Thebes and Memphis work 2 unroaded tiles, Heliopolis 1 (a BG -- it has 4 extra roaded tiles to work next)

Military:
1 Worker, 1 Persian Worker, 5 Egyptian Workers
1 Scout
1 War Chariot
4 Egyptian Warriors
6 Egyptian Spearmen
2 Egyptian Archers
3 Enslavers
1 Egyptian Settler (for now)

Have we given any thought to switching to City State before Monarchy? It gives us double Worker speed, more unit support, and Paid labor vs. Despotism.

Pre-turn: we build Alexandria in place. It starts building Egyptian Flag

Scout meets another Aztec unit.

IBT:

Arabs complete Hammurabi

T1:

Re-reading the forum thread, I go ahead and switch Thebes and Memphis to Granaries.

IBT:

Thebes Granary > Flag

T2:

Aztecs just learned Code of Laws; Persia still don't know nothin' No trades are possible :(

IBT:

Thebes Flag > Spearman
Memphis Granary > Scout (now making 10spt!)
Heliopolis expands borders

T3:
Move Workers...
Nubia now has 1300 gold. I'm not sure what they just learned, but they sold it around!

IBT:

Japan demands Wines. Since we met them by ship, I tell them to shove it. They declare, silly things. We'll sign peace again once they'll talk.

Memphis: Scout>spear

T4:

Persia knows The Sail. We trade it for Writing.
Lux slider to 30%.

IBT:

Thebes Spear > boat

T5:

There's a potential 3fer: Buy Trade from Nubia or Russia, then sell it to France for IW/Math/Riding and to Aztecs for CoL or City State. Unfortunately, we can't afford it yet :(

IBT:

We lose our southern Scout.
Thebes: Boats
Memphis: Spears
Russia creates an embassy

T6:

Move Workers...

IBT:

Thebes: Boat > Archer

T7:

Zzz...

IBT:

Apprentice and Horse appear in Thebes
Memphis: Spear > Academy
Heliopolis: Slavery > SupplyCenter (Wines)
Alexandria: Flag > Walls

T8:

MM Memphis for gold. We still can't afford Trade.

IBT:

Thebes Archer > Harbor
India completes Ganges Pilgrimage

T9:

Just moving Workers!

Persia now knows Code of Laws and Riding.
Aztecs know those, plus Maths and City-State.

-----

I'm going to end here; it's T75 in the game.

We could cut research time for Iron in half if we upped the slider to 50%.

Thebes can switch back to Archers for defense or push for the Academy if we want to up the research slider. She can grow faster if we put her scientist back to work, or we can hire a clown instead to lower the lux slider.

We have a nice trading field, but we can't afford Trade for everything we have. Bummer.

Attachments

• LK159-T75.SAV
    742.7 KB · Views: 151
Hmm.
Missing entry in "Scenarios\CCM2\text\PediaIcons.txt": ICON_BLDG_Telegraph Station
I have CCM2 installed over the main files, not in the Scenarios folder. LK, did you do the opposite?
I set it up as a scenario.
I ran the save file you used in the main folder as a normal Conquest game, not as a Scenario. I do not even have CCM2.4 installed as a scenario.
(os used = windows 7 64bit)

I'm not sure from the picture, but it looks like we may have an enslaver exploring. If so, can we please put it back home. We really need to get more workers.

ROSTER:

LK159 roster:
LKendter
Jersey Joe
Elephantium
Greebley (up)
TheRat (on deck)

Not sure what is going on. I just sent a PM to Greebley

Ouch, sorry to hear that, Greebley! I feel your pain; my work week was really stressful, too. Here's hoping for a nice, relaxing week spanning the 4th :party:

After everything being right last time, I am now having the 'steam labels.txt is off by one' issue.

This is despite checking that I do in fact have the correct steam labels.txt in the actual Text directory.

My only guess is virtual store but I don't see where the files could be. Not under Virtual Store... No labels.txt anywhere.

I am going to try to play and see how it goes. No years due to above...

Year ?: We get a worker from killing an Archer with an Enslaver.

Russia declares war on Magreb

Turn 80: Our enslaver was specifically targeted and killed in a stack (with an Archer) by an invisible unit. We kill the invisible unit the next turn with an Archer.

Turn 81: It looks like we have a possible 2-fer but not for trade we cannot afford it. Unfortunately the off by one makes trading too difficult to read so I will stop here. The next player should look at deals and see what we can get before hitting enter.

We have Wines and Horses that can be traded if we wish.

We also have a settler which I sent south to the grasslands plains boundary. Not sure where is best, but a city here can get shields. Two thoughts are the red and yellow circles. We could also grab more land by heading more south to the floodplain and Wheat.
LK159-Turn81.png

Attachments

• LK159-UnknownDate.SAV
    746.3 KB · Views: 142
LK159 roster:
LKendter (on deck)
Jersey Joe
Elephantium
Greebley
TheRat (up)

I am installed as a scenario. Text file should be here as a scenario.
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization III Complete\Conquests\Scenarios\CCM2\Text

I favor the red circle for the higher shield potential; we'll start to see the difference around size 10.

The flood plain wheat site is good, too; I'd settle next to the elephants to give us another coastal city (or 1S of the wheat for the landlocked site). Another site to look at soon is near the Nubian border; getting Game, Cows, and Pigs.

The save is on 450 BC (T83).

Thebes is about to riot. Moving citizens to coastal tiles will avoid it while keeping the scientist employed.
Memphis needs MM for growth; it's building Spears with 16 spt.
Heliopolis looks excellent.
Alexandria can grow in 2 by moving the forest citizen to the riverside BG

We might consider sending another couple of scouts to the south. There's a lot of fog there.

Did you hear the sound clip when the invisible unit attacked? I want to say that would have been a holy man of some sort. They have sneak attack on early era units, right?

Got it, hope CCM4 is working fine...ugh, got an error immediately, might need to go for a full install

The entire pediaicon file for me seems missing lots of entries. Where can I find them? Doesn't seem to be in the latest update?

Did you get the full 2.4 download?

I thought there is no need but it seems I have to do this....ok

Ok, I am good to go...

Top Bottom