LK92 - Deity Religious Fanatics

450 AD (0): Can we trust Babylon for 20 turns? I hope so, begin moving units away from the north towards the south :hammer:. A Golden Age war before we face Roman muskets is in order. And we have a nice line up of a few samurai mixed in with scores of MDI and swords.

460 AD (1): Continue the trek south. Moving stack of trebs in the West and in the East we have a stack of sword with Army support.

INBT: Give Bzyantines TM and 9 gold.

470 AD (2): Units wait at our southern boarders for the command to attack. 1 more turn on the incence deal with Rome.

480 AD (3): Kyoto builds a Sammi starts a settler. Edo a sammi starts another. Same at Satsuma. Cancel the incence deal and declare war on Rome. Prepare stacks to hit Hispalis next turn.

490 AD (4): Hispalis was a tough nut to crack but it is razed for zero gold a treb and 6 workers. Need to rest up in Edo before moving on. The Golden Age has begun. Invention in 3 turns with +33gpt.

500 AD (5): Lose 2 wounded MDI and a sammi retreats from MDI attacks. Retreat wounded outs and bring forward a new batch of sammis. NO attacks but prepare for a another stack move on Neapolis soon. Settler is heading to the razed spot where Hispalis once stood.

510 AD (6): Kill a lone advancing MDI. Settler is in place for settling next turn. Invention next turn with +80gpt.

520 AD (7): Kagoshima builds a church starts a duct. Shimonoseki is founded starts a temple. Our healed stack moves on towards Neapolis.

530 AD (8): Guns are due in 6 turns. Neapolis is razed at a lose of a few MDI. Trade the Incence to Bzantines for TM and wines. Lost our Egyptian Ivory.

540 AD (9): Cleanup some pesky units in the West more remain and they are pillaging :(.

550 AD (10): Cleanup a landing on the East Coast, barely. Take 3 more of the MDI in the West. There is a settler in Edo ready and healing units to go with it. There are maybe room for 2 or three more cities in the SE but was only able to get 1 spare settler in the push for Sammies. Rome will talk peace but will not give up tech willingly yet.

Signed up:
LKendter (currently playing)
Grahamiam (on deck)
Kaiser_Berger
Gozpel (indefinite skip)
Hotrod0823

Remember 10 turns per round - STRICT 24 hours got it, total 48 to complete.
I am treating this like AW and want strict 3-tile apart placement. We need a lot of cities to build toward 100K.

Remember the variant rules:
The first build must be a temple. The second build must be a church.
The goal is 100K, but I will accept conquest. I don't want to play 100+ turns of nothing to officially win 100K.

550 AD
I fix a rules violation in Yokohama. The second build must be a church.
Kagoshima has high corruption and is swapped to a courthouse.
Nara is swapped to settler to claim the spot 2 tiles north of it.
Tokyo can build the FP in 9 turns, and I want to complete it during our GA. We don't even have the option for other buildings during the GA.

Rome doubts they want to give us Education. You know what that means. :hammer:
Incense and $80 goes to Egypt to get a good world map.

I use our spare cash to upgrade 7 spearmen to pikemen.

(IT) A lot of bloodshed occurs. It is mostly Roman.

560 AD
All of the Romans units have been cleared from our lands. :D

570 AD
Matsuyama is formed. This is the backfill city toward the Babylonians.

580 AD
I ship the Maya incense to finish the last turn of Gunpowder. The last turn still needed 120 beakers.
I must thank Rome for the Salt. My gut feeling on where the former Roman salt source was correct.

Sapporo is formed filling in a gap thanks to the razed Roman cities.
(IT) Maya and Zululand sign a peace treaty.
The Maya complete Newton's.

600 AD
Hakodate is formed to continue the push to claim former Roman territory.
(IT) Zululand has been destroyed.

610 AD
(IT) Egypt and the Maya sign an MPP.

620 AD
A demonic Roman MDI that landed behind our lines costs us two Samurai. :mad:

We took heavy casualties, but Viroconium is razed to the ground. We picked up 5 workers for our trouble.
Rome really didn't like that, as Education is now close to a deal.

630 AD
(IT) Cleo gets tm and $20. You are now on the list. :hammer:
The Maya complete Smith's.

650 AD
The pictures say it all.

The second army is EMPTY. The named elite is ready to be loaded, but you will have to wait on the other 2 units to be built. Sorry, but I left you to many elites to play with.

==========================

Summary:
The next leader should rush the Pentagon. I want 4 unit armies.

Rome is screwed. I would really like to get *2* techs out of them. If we research Education next (don't forget the culture from Universities) we could try for Astronomy, Banking or Metallurgy. :satan:
I see no reason to sign peace anytime soon. With us gaining 2 Samurai armies it will only get worse for Rome. We really need that Roman territory for more cities and culture. We still have the lowest culture growth of the civs. The good news is 6 more culture buildings are under construction.

A dot map is in the next post with the plans for all the new cities up north.

Signed up:
LKendter
Grahamiam (currently playing)
Kaiser_Berger (on deck)
Gozpel (indefinite skip)
Hotrod0823

I am treating this like AW and want strict 3-tile apart placement. We need a lot of cities to build toward 100K.

The goal is 100K, but I will accept conquest. I don't want to play 100+ turns of nothing to officially win 100K.

http://www.civfanatics.net/uploads9/LK92-650AD.zip

nice push, both of you :) got it, play and post tonight. after we get done the GA and done with Rome, shall we revolt to republic?

Grahamiam said:
nice push, both of you :) got it, play and post tonight. After we get done the GA and done with Rome, shall we revolt to republic?
I don't expect to be done with Rome during your turns, so the republic question doesn't matter yet.

I am not as big on republic anymore. It gives less free unit support and twice the cost for being over the limit per unit. We lose the ability for MP. With the amount of fighting we are planning with a really large army I prefer to stick with Monarchy.

Preflight check:

IBT: Rome moves up 2 large stacks of MDI’s and Legions, probably from the Zulu war.
Chemistry -> Edu (70%, 5T, -1gpt)
Yokohama Cathedral -> court; Nagoya barracks -> musket

T1: 660AD Near Shimonoseki: Kill a musket with an elite Samurai (3/5)

IBT: Kyoto samu -> samu; Osaka musket -> musket; Tokyo Samu -> samu; Shimonoseki temple -> Cathedral; Satsuma samu -> samu; Sapporo temple -> Cathedral

Rome has moves 22 units next to Izumo

T2: 670AD Near Izumo: trebs go 4 for 6; Samurai Army kills 3 MDI’s (6/13); Sword army kills MDI and Legion (12/14); New Samurai Army kills 2 Legions (12/13); elite Samurai kills Legion (4/5); elite Samurai retreats from MDI; sword kills MDI (2/4); sword kills MDI (1/4); MDI kills MDI (2/4); MDI kills MDI (3/4); MDI kills MDI (2/4); elite Samurai kills MDI (3/5); horse redlines but dies to MDI; horse kills MDI (1/4); horse kills MDI (2/4). Stack is left with 6 units (3 archer, 1 LB, 2 MDI’s)

IBT: Romans move up 7 more MDI’s and 2 more Legions. Also, on another tile, they move up 8 MDI’s.

T3: 680AD @ Izumo: trebs go 3 for 6; get some really crappy RNG and the 2nd Samurai army loses 6hp on one MDI; feel I have no choice and attack again (5/14); Sword Army kills 2 vet MDI’s (9/14); vet Samurai retreats from MDI (2/4)

Near Shimonoseki: elite samurai kills musket

IBT: 3 MDI die attacking Izumo, no losses for us.
Edo Samurai -> Samurai; Nara Samurai -> Samurai

T4: 690AD @ Izumu: trebs go 4 for 6 on stack of 8 MDI’s; Samurai army kills 2, but loses 6hps (4/13); elite samu kills MDI (5/5); elite samu kills MDI (2/5); elite Samu kills MDI (3/5); MDI kills MDI (3/4); MDI kills MDI (4/4); ¾ MDI dies to MDI (1/4); horse kills MDI (3/4); horse kills spear (1/4)

Nearby (on mountains); elite MDI kills archer (3/5)

Babylon is industrial

IBT: GA ends, Rome lands 2 wounded MDI’s behind our lines; Izumo court -> walls
Byz building US

T5: 700AD Near Kagoshima: Samu kills MDI and promotes (2/5); elite Samurai kills redined MDI (4/5)
Near Izuma: redline a mountain musket, Samu kills it (4/4); kills a nearby MDI with a Samu (3/4); everyone else heals.

IBT: Aztecs and Rome sign trade embargo against us.
Uh-oh, Aztecs move 3 cav’s up towards Izumo :(
Kyoto: samurai -> samurai; Osaka samurai -> samurai; Tokyo Samurai -> Samurai; Kagoshima court -> lib; Hakodate temple -> cathedral

T6: 710AD Kill some Roman junk near Izumo and Shimonoseki. Realize that the Aztecs
Send both Samurai Army’s into Rome to pillage roads.
Line up some horseman to force the Aztecs to attack something other than a town.

IBT: As expected, Aztecs declare war on us and are building US; lose an elite Samurai but kill 2 cav’s defending Izumo. Also lose the 2 horseman.
Izumo walls -> treb;

T7: 720AD Cav’s are coming from the N and S :(
@ Izumo: 2 MDI’s retreat 2 cav’s; samu dies to 2/4 cav (1/4); Sword Army kills 2 cav and loses 11hp (3/14)
@ Pompeii: Samurai Army pillages and kills 1 cav, fortifies on choke (10/13); 2nd Samurai Army kills 2 cav (11/14)
@ Kagoshima: elite Samurai kills redlined cav (5/5)
@ Nagasaki: elite Samurai kills cav (5/5)
@ Shimonoseki: elite Samurai kills redlined cav (2/5); sword kills redlined cav and promotes (5/5); samurai dies to elite cav (2/5); samurai kills redlined cav and promotes (5/5)

Education -> banking (11T)

T8: 730AD @ Izumo: elite Samurai kills 1/5 cav (5/5); 4/5 sword kills ¼ cav (4/5)
@ Kagoshima: elite samurai kills cav in Babylon territory, as we see Babylon’s rifles :(

We can get a free tech for peace from Rome, but I don’t feel much pressure from the Aztec’s now that the immediate cav’s are removed. We need more space.

IBT: Ah, some luck :) Babylon declares on the Aztecs, Egypt declares on the Byzantines; Mayan’s declare on the Byz; Egypt and Aztec’s sign MA vs us; Egypt declares on the Babylonians
Lone Pike in the north holds out against 3/5 cav, saving the city of Yokohama; Satsuma samurai -> samurai; Nagoya musket -> musket

T9: 740AD @Izuma: bombard a stack of Roman crap (3 for 6); sword kills MDI (2/4); MDI kills Legion (2/4); MDI dies against Legion, promoting it (3/4); elite Samurai kills legion (4/5); Samurai dies against 2/3 legion (2/3); elite samurai kills LB (5/5); 4/5 sword kills another (3/5)
@ Shimonoseki: Samurai retreats from musket (2/4);

Now that we have an incense available again, sell it to Babylon for 9gpt and 4g

Sorry, getting tired, forgot to record IBT, but nothing significant happened.

T10: 750AD @ Shimonoseki: elite MDI kills 2/4 musket (3/5); redline musket on our salt with trebs; 4/5 samu kills it (2/5)
@ Pompeii (what, I get to attack :eek: ); Army kills musket (9/13) goes back to defending the choke; 2nd army kills musket (8/14); sword army kills a LB to get access to hill.

As a fitting end to a frustrating set, kill yet another LB with yet another elite Samurai and no leader. It’s a mess, but I think the Romans are gassed. Problem is we can’t seem to build Samurai’s fast enough. Wiping out Pompei should boost moral :)

I agree that is really ugly. Should we ally with the Byzantines vs. the Aztecs to get them to beat each other up? The very fact that we had to strip the interior of units scares me big time. I fully expected a new city or two built. I wonder if it is time for peace with Rome. If we can't gain anything, then the war really doesn't help us.

I hate the idle army, but I agree on holding the choke vs. Egypt.

Signed up:
LKendter
Grahamiam
Kaiser_Berger (currently playing)
Gozpel (indefinite skip)
Hotrod0823 (on deck)

i have a feeling Rome is gassed, recommend we press on :hammer: we need room to grow, and we're not about to attack Babylon with thier rifles.

Preturn- We look alright for the situation.

IT- Byzantines declare on Babylon.

T1 760

In a complete act of RNG hatred, our sammie army easily knocks the musket in Pompeii down to one hp, but then loses around 8 straight and dies :mad: :cry:

We do manage to finish off the rest without loss and raze the bastard city.

RNG pisses me off further as I lose a full health elite sammie to a redlined musket.

Not much else to do.

IT- Aztecs land 4 cavs by Kagoshima, except in Babylonian territory.

T2 770

Well, I hope sincerly that the Babylonians will help us out with the cav. I don't trust them to though, so I kill one with a Sammi and reinforce the city.

IT- Stupid Aztecs of course completely ignore Babylon and come for us, killing three defenders flawlessly.

T3 780

We are really screwed with Kagoshima. Nothing nearby to help, and a Roman longbow and three Aztecs cavs to fend off....unless we get some major help from Babylon, it will likely fall. I move some sammies nearby to prepare for that contingency.

IT- Kagoshima falls to the Aztecs.

T4 790

Our retributitory Samurai recapture Kagoshima.

We found the new city of Ise in the south.

Take out plenty of stray Romans, no leader luck though.

IT- Aztecs bring in Maya against us. Byzantines complete Suffrage.

T5 800

We raze Lugdunum with no losses.

IT- Aztecs are willing to talk for peace.

T6 810

The Aztecs have just pulled up on both coasts with three landing parties that will disembark next turn, and we can't fend them off, so we will make peace. We get it for 239g.

Toyama founded on the ruins of Pompeii.

IT- Romans advance.

T7 820

Plenty of Romans killed.

IT- More Romans.

T8 830

More dead Romans. We can only hold the line until our forces are consolidated.

IT- Aztecs capture Babylonian city of Zariqum. We learn Banking, set to towards Astronomy.

T9 840

Kill more Romans.

IT- zzz

T10 850

There is a mini stack of fun assembled next to Byzantium. We can probably take it, but we need more settlers before we push much further forward.

Summary

We can easily make peace with Egypt, and hopefully we'll soon have that option with the Maya. We can continue to press the war with Rome, as they can't put up much resistance. I left the settler to the west unmoved as I couldn't remember exactly where the next city was supposed to go. Next player can plop it down.

IT- Kagoshima falls to the Aztecs.
Well that really bites. We have to restart all the culture in that city. :mad:

Signed up:
LKendter (on deck)
Grahamiam
Kaiser_Berger
Gozpel (indefinite skip)
Hotrod0823 (currently playing)

A reminder where the next cities should go since Kaiser_Berger had some confusion.

IMO it is time for peace. We need several settlers to fill in the gaps, and time to rebuild the military. We have become so focused on Rome that we have completely neglected universities for culture and banks for revenue. The deal below is exactly what I wanted from Rome. This gets us 2 more techs closer to the IA and one tech closer to Cavalry. IMO the next war needs to be with Cavalry.

I need to take a skip, this weekend is more hectic than I originally thought. My wife had her wisdom teeth out yesterday and I am in charge of the kids.

I am already overdue in GR3 and will not be able to get to this until some time late tomorrow and would rather take a skip than hold up the game until I am able to concentrate properly.

Thanks,

Hotrod

Signed up:
LKendter (currently playing)
Grahamiam (on deck)
Kaiser_Berger
Gozpel (indefinite skip)
Hotrod0823 (skipped)

http://www.civfanatics.net/uploads9/LK92-950AD.zip

850 AD
(IT) The Aztecs and Egypt embargo us.
Babylon and Byzantines sign a peace treaty.

860 AD
One picture is worth a 1000 words. If you don't get it, then read the unit type.

I take my final shot at Rome and raze Byzantium. We get 6 workers for our trouble. The Samurai army spots a settler pair, so I also kill that before peace.

I sign peace with Egypt given them $20.
I sign a peace treaty with Rome and get Astronomy, Metallurgy, Worker, wm, $2, and Printing Press (may as well take it).

Fukushima is formed and starts on a temple.
It is pretty sad when I was desperate enough to sell iron for tech, and it was useless to Babylon. :(

I just found we were missing an embassy with the Aztecs. I fix that problem. They are a real threat with Rubber, Coal, Saltpeter, Iron and Horses. They also have 6 luxuries at the moment.
(IT) The Maya have just appeared from the North and stole 2 workers.

880 AD
I try my luck with a couple of elites. After they go nowhere I sign peace with the Maya having them give us $60.
(IT) The Aztecs and Byzantines ally vs. Egypt.

900 AD
(IT) The Roman and Aztec trade embargo ends.

910 AD
I ship the Maya Incense, Horses and $4/turn to save 4 turns on Military Tradition.
(IT) The Aztecs just took Babylon. :eek:

920 AD
(IT) Egypt and Babylon sign a peace treaty.
The Maya are building ToE. :cry:

930 AD
(IT) We now share a border with the Aztecs.

940 AD
Suo is formed. We have another source of horses.
(IT) The Aztecs are building ToE.

950 AD
Incense is worth so little to Egypt that they still want more the self-research cost on Physics. :(
Rather then have the Aztecs demand incense I ship it to Egypt for $6, wm and a worker.

==========================

Summary:
We are in a very deep tech hole. We spent way too much time fighting Rome and fell hopelessly behind in tech. You can only neglect buildings for so long.

I see the following short term plan: Universities, Banks, Muskets (to little defense and free up Samurai on defense), Cavalry and another war with Rome. Rome is our best shot to beat up for more techs. We can't win if we can't pointy-stick some more tech.

The settler is go where the Samurai is fortified in the swamp. 3 workers just arrived to clear it, and more are on the way.

Signed up:
LKendter
Grahamiam (currently playing)
Kaiser_Berger (on deck)
Gozpel (indefinite skip)
Hotrod0823 (skipped)

Preflight check: nada

IBT: Aztecs continue to swallow Babylon, taking Sippar directly to our N.

Osaka Uni -> Bank

T1: 960AD working

IBT: Rome and Aztecs MA vs Egypt and Babylon
Nagasaki Colosseum -> market

T2: 970AD Hurry Temple in Toyoma for 56g

IBT: Mayan offer an alliance vs Byz but won’t part with any techs for it, so no.
Toyoma temple -> cathedral

T3: 980AD nada

IBT: Aztecs and Byz sign MA vs Mayan; Rome and Aztecs sign vs Mayan
Physics -> Magnetism (9T, 60%, +7gpt)
Izumo settler -> library

T4: 990AD working

IBT: Babylon and Aztecs sign peace

T5: 1000AD working

IBT: Shimonoseki ‘duct -> court; Sapporo lib -> market

T6: 1010AD work, work, work

IBT: Yokohama lib -> bank; Kagoshima cathedral -> ‘duct; Nara colosseum -> musket

T7: 1020AD Egypt is getting hurt.

T8: 1030AD Switch Izumo to a settler. New spot cleared is a BG, so marsh clearing stack goes N. Also compensates for my placement of Bizen, which was based on old info.

IBT: Kyoto bank -> musket; Tokyo university -> musket; Edo Uni -> musket

T9: 1040AD MM a little, get another unit into Kyoto so it can do 20spt. Babylon is seriously broken (down to 3 cities/towns). I will declare next turn. Maybe we can get a tech before she dies. Army can see a conscript rifle in Nippur

IBT: Egypt demands TM and 27g, fine
Izumo settler -> lib

T10: 1050AD Recommend we declare on Babylon immediately. I’m sure the Army can take the conscript or 2 in Nippur. I can’t see much coming from Babylon in their fight with Rome except some LB’s. Maybe we can claim those dyes and get ToG at a discount
Settler has not moved either.

Top Bottom