Loco / King Kong Embassy

I think we are wise to wait for their counter-proposal, so as not to come across as Trade Bullies.

That said, we should be ready to send this off if they don't get back to us in a few days, or after they play their turn - whichever seems like a reasonable timeframe. They have not made a great point of punctuality :)

:agree:

I just can't figure other teams out... Whenever I am behind in tech I do everything in my capability to catch up...

Oh well ... lets see the counter offer

But you don't generally do it with the person who is highest ahead and has the greatest capability for increasing their lead. ;)

Yes I do! I will trade with anyone I'm not planning on attacking.

And even if I'm planning on attacking, I will still trade as long as I'm getting techs I want, selling non-military techs.

I certainly do too!

If I was on another team at this point (Loco or Pfiffle) I would be trying to trade / do everything in my power to get as many techs from Epsilon as possible.

Why? Even
I was to help them, by latching on I could become a strong second player. We all know that near end game everyone will go for the leader, but having been #2 the whole way through who is "the best trading partner" of the leader (no pun intended ;) ) I would be poised to just stay out of the way and win... :evil:

But then again that is how I would play... :king:

Ok – I agree.
(Both that we should wait for Loco's proposal and that the other teams are crazy for not being more eager to trade! :) )

However, I would like to send a note like this – just so we're clear that we're waiting on them… and to make it more natural for us to send our own proposal if a fair amount of time goes by without any word from the Loco's.

Something like this:
Dear Koondrad,

We eagerly await your proposal! We're confident we'll be able to work something out.

Hope your new year celebrations were also joyous!

Foreign Minister General_W
Servant of the Leader
Epsilon Team!

Any opposition to this note?
I'd like to send it later today.
SENT

:salute:

Looks fine.

ok - good enough!
Thanks again to all!
Sent.

Once again, I am extremely eager to sell Loco any tech we have.

Offer them tech-tech at 80%, or tech-gold at 40%.

Obviously CoL is worth less than that, because Innovia has it too.

Once again, I agree with you Dave...but how long do we wait for a proposal from Loco before we send our own?

If they pass the save on and we still haven't heard anything?

The construction of the Mahabodhi gives us another opportunity to contact Loco and see if we can't get something cooking.

Here's a proposed note:
Dear King Kong and the Locomotion's,

The Leader wishes to extended hearty congratulations on your recent construction of the Mahabodhi!
May you also, in the steps of the great buddah, find enlightenment in the shade of the peepul tree.

Speaking of gaining knowledge… we don't want to trump any proposal you're about to send, but we thought we might put the idea in your head of potentially buying some of our technology at a steep discount? (we have recently devised a way to pay for things in gold… quite revolutionary!) We're prepared to offer very generous terms… like 50% off! (and as a special introductory offer – what would you think of Code of Laws for just 100 gold? Buy now, pay over time?)

Anyway – don't want to get too far ahead of ourselves... just wanted to suggest an idea to you.

Congratulations again!

Servant of the Leader
Epsilon Team!

Even if it's a bit premature, I think now is the time to jump on a deal with Loco – before they make a trade for CoL with Innovia! If we wait for them to write, we risk losing the chance to out-bid Innovia and secure some really great deals for ourselves.

In that spirit - I'd like to send this by the end of today… or maybe sooner depending on how quick I get team feedback.

What do you all think?

EDIT: - SENT! Title "Congrats! (and trade?)"

P.S. Tripple post! Woot!

Thank's Mr. President!

I'm really eager to get this out, so that support is enough for me! :D

I'd hate for Loco to send CoL with the save and just miss this opportunity.

Letter Sent!

Our First Sale!! [party]

Dear General_W and Team Epsilon,

We thank you for the congratulations. You are welcome to visit the Mahabodhi any time. Maybe you too will attain enlightenment there.

We would like to take you up on your offer of 'Code of Laws' for 100 Gold. Would it be possible for us to pay in 9 (nine) instalments?

We would be interested in hearing what other technologies are on offer.

We await your reply,

Koondrad and Team Loco

I propose sending this response back - best case scenario: we get this finalized before our next save. However, I think we have sufficient agreement to begin the knowledge transfer, so not an enormous hurry.

Dear Koondrad and all Locos,

Fantastic! We're pleased to be on the brink of resuming trade with your great people.

We will transfer knowledge of Code of Laws to you with our next turn – we trust this will be a great aid to you in spreading law and order throughout your lands.

For the payment plan, we are prepared to accept any of these 4 options:
A) 12 gold per turn for 8 turns +4 gold on the 9th turn (as you suggested)
B) 10 gold per turn for 10 turns
C) 8 gold per turn for 13 turns
D) 6 gold per turn for 19 turns
We are prepared to accept whichever plan you choose. Just let us know your preference.
We look forward to commencing this trade next turn!

For future deals, as I mentioned earlier, we would like to offer you the chance to buy other pieces of our knowledge for just 50% of the cost in gold.
For example, Hunting (40:science: ) could be obtained for just 20 gold.
Or Literature (200:science: ) for just another 100 gold.
On the slightly higher end – we're also willing to part with Alphabet or Monarchy for just 150 gold each… or Metal Casting for 225 gold.

Really – all that's needed is for you to tell us what tech you're interested in, and then we can work out a payment plan that's agreeable to everyone.

Once you catch up to us and begin to have your own technologies to offer, we're willing to still offer a 20% discount on our beaker cost when trading for your beakers. (ie, we would trade you a 100:science: tech for an 80:science: tech straight across.)

We hope you are as excited about these trading prospects and chances to grow together as we are.

Let us know how you'd like to pay for Code of Laws, and what other technology you're interested in – and we'll be sending Code of Laws to you next turn.

Yours in peace and trade,
Servant of the Leader
Epsilon Team!

Feedback?

typo...
We will transfer knowledge of Code of Laws to your with our next turn – we trust this will be a great aid to you in spreading law and order throughout your lands.

Other than that, it looks good.

Top Bottom