mm17: Napoleon Dynamite AWE-1CC

Things are looking quite good. We are #1 in soldiers and even #3 in land area.

1802: Load another 2 rifles,2cannon, and 2 grenis on boats. Where to send them? The Mongol/Chinese front looks to be well staffed. The Greeks are getting uppity. I see a galleon of troops headed our way. I will send our frigates and troops to welcome him.
1804: Constitution in->Music, Military Tradition is only 6 turns away and I want to build West point so we can start with 3 promotions out of the gate. CR3 cannon are quite nice. Sink Alex's unprotected Galleon. Also notice he now has Frigates as one was comming from behind but not in time to save his galleon. As long as we are passing by I decide to stop and take out Calcutta. That place is a real hole anyway. Since China is still defended by LBs I will continue on that front as well Landing our troops in that theater at Bejing

1806: Take out a LB and Pike in Calcutta and it is no more.

1808: Take out Thessilonica and bombard Bejing to 0% but wait 1 turn for healing troops. Bombard Turfan and see Genghis is still using only LBs. This is too easy.

1810: Mao now has his first Greni in Bejing. It does not help him as Bejing falls with no losses for us although we do need to use the megic spear to take out the last cat. It also sinks what looks to be his entire navy.

1812: Madras is taken out for the loss of 1 cannon and our first Civ is eleminated.

1814: Moving troops and healing.

1816: Take out Turfan and we are now #1 in score. In fact Genghis drops to #3. I see he now has 3 frigates in Karakorum along with a ton of LBs and some knights. This is more than we can handle until the troops on the Chinese front can be brought into play.

1818: MT in and start West Point in 6. We could do the Taj in 5 but I really don;t see the point other than for denial. It is a long way to infantry but CR3 cannon are pretty good even against rifles. Shanghi is taken down with no losses and Mao starts a long march to somewhere that I don;t see but he is still alive. We should start exploring when we have the chance.

1820: We get a stupid GA who I merge. Destroy Ephesus and continue working up the Greek Mainland. We have 2 groups of troops converging on Karakoum. Once we build West point we will have level 10 right out of the gate. CR3 Cannon are very nice. Good Luck

Attachments

• mongol forces0000.JPG
    mongol forces0000.JPG
    150.2 KB · Views: 210
Ohooo... Asoka is dead. 1 down, 5 to go.

There are some hammers for chopping ...those can go to WestPoint.

After AssLine, I guess we have to bite the SciMeth bullet, and go for destroyers.

Having said that, I won't be able to play my turnset until tomorrow night (some 30hrs later) earliest, so in the meantime, if Xtream is up to it, feel free to take it. You have missed too much of the action ;)

--

pindicator said:
Where are you at Fox? :mischief:
... where no one has gone before! ...

Sorry, couldn't get around to picking this up ... I was hoping to pick this up yesterday but computer glitch causes one SG turnset to take 2 hours instead of 1 ... :sad: ... I will play tonight though (by 10hrs) ... so Xtream please re-check this thread before you play.

--

Turn 280 (1820 AD)
Looking good ... but why did we keep all those workers? They serve as poor fog busters ... granted we have the money, but still ... I transported them to main island to build some lumbermill ... forget whether I deleted them or not :crazyeye:

Also stop the worker who is building a lumbermill to go chop a pre-chopped forest ...

IBT:

Turn 281 (1822 AD)
Cut a forest shaved off 2 turns

IBT:

Mongolia decide to suicide two knights outside Karakorum ... man those knights are effective counter to grenies for someone without grenies of their own!!

While defending, Grenadier defeats (4.32/12) Mongolian Knight
While defending, Grenadier defeats (8.16/12) Mongolian Knight

Turn 282 (1824 AD)

And then its my turn! :hammer:

While attacking, Grenadier defeats (1.80/12) Mongolian Longbowman
While attacking, Cannon defeats (1.80/12) Mongolian Longbowman
While attacking, Cannon defeats (10.08/12) Mongolian Longbowman
While attacking, Musketeer defeats (3.87/9) Mongolian Longbowman
While attacking, Grenadier defeats (3.84/12) Mongolian Longbowman
While attacking, Grenadier defeats (12.00/12) Mongolian Pikeman
While attacking, Musketeer defeats (6.66/9) Mongolian Keshik
While attacking, Musketeer defeats (9.00/9) Mongolian Catapult
While attacking, War Elephant defeats (5.92/8) Mongolian Catapult

Decided to stop here, as the remaining unmoved unit is quite injured, although he has 90% odds, but he will be left out there in the open alone.

While attacking, Frigate defeats (4.16/8) Mongolian Caravel
While attacking, Frigate defeats (7.04/8) Mongolian Caravel

IBT:
While defending, Frigate loses to Mongolian Frigate (4.64/8) <- damned lucky shot!

Turn 283 (1826 AD)

But that does not prevent the inevitable!

While attacking, Grenadier defeats (12.00/12) Mongolian Grenadier
While attacking, Grenadier defeats (7.56/12) Mongolian Catapult
Razed Karakorum
Musketeer promoted to Medic I
Grenadier promoted to Cover
Paris finishes West Point

IBT:

Turn 284 (1828 AD)

With Karakorum gone, I turn my attention to Almarikh, sending a small force of 4 units sinc ether eis only 2 longbows there ...

Paris starts a Cannon
Grenadier promoted to Combat II
While attacking, Grenadier defeats (10.20/12) Mongolian Longbowman
While attacking, Cannon loses to Mongolian Longbowman (2.64/6) <-- :aargh: this one was >90% odds!!!!
While attacking, Musketeer defeats (2.34/9) Mongolian Longbowman
Razed Almarikh
Learn Corporation
Paris equips a Cannon

IBT:
While defending, Rifleman defeats (4.90/14) Greek Musketman

Turn 285 (1830 AD)

Meanwhile, our frigates has bombarded Beshbalik down to 0% defense, our troops marched on from Karakorum to Beshbalik ...

Start research on Steam Power
Paris starts a Rifleman

While attacking, Grenadier defeats (10.44/12) Mongolian Longbowman
While attacking, Cannon defeats (8.64/12) Mongolian Pikeman
While attacking, Cannon defeats (3.96/12) Mongolian Pikeman
Razed Beshbalik
Paris equips a Rifleman

IBT:

Turn 286 (1832 AD)

While our western forces are kicking some Mongolian butt, the central forces marches to Corinth, and cannons pull the defenses down in one shot!

Paris starts a Cannon
Cannon promoted to City Raider III
Cannon promoted to City Raider III
While attacking, Rifleman defeats (0.70/14) Greek Musketman
Cannon promoted to City Raider I
Cannon promoted to City Raider II
While attacking, Rifleman defeats (9.52/14) Greek Longbowman
While attacking, Cannon defeats (10.32/12) Greek Pikeman
While attacking, Cannon defeats (10.56/12) Greek Catapult
While attacking, Grenadier defeats (12.00/12) Greek Catapult
Razed Corinth

Paris equips a Cannon

IBT:

Turn 287 (1834 AD)

Then I saw this ...

Why is it that AI always send a strike force to Paris during my watch?

Fortunately, I have 2 frigates and 2 galleons parked there waiting to pick up troops ...

Paris starts a Cannon
While attacking, Frigate defeats (3.44/8) Roman Frigate
While attacking, Frigate loses to Roman Frigate (3.20/8)
Frigate promoted to Combat I
Frigate promoted to Combat II
While attacking, Frigate defeats (8.00/8) Roman Frigate
Galleon promoted to Combat I
Galleon promoted to Combat II
While attacking, Galleon defeats (0.16/4) Japanese Caravel
While attacking, Frigate defeats (6.96/8) Roman Galleon
Galleon promoted to Combat I
Galleon promoted to Combat II
While attacking, Galleon loses to Roman Galleon (0.80/4)
Paris equips a Cannon

Hmmm ... :( ... a couple of bad luck, I only manages to sank both frigates and
1 galleon ... which means one more galleon manages to land its troops outside Paris ....

IBT:

Turn 288 (1836 AD)

But didn't I say I am waiting to pick up forces? SO, there are ample forces in Paris to remove the threat.

Paris starts a Frigate
While attacking, Rifleman defeats (5.60/14) Roman Knight
Rifleman promoted to Combat II
While attacking, Rifleman defeats (12.04/14) Roman Knight
While attacking, Grenadier defeats (10.32/12) Roman Horse Archer

Paris is safe again.

However, it wa spure luck that I have some navy there as well as some troops waiting for pick up. We may not be so lucky the next time, and may get caught with our pants down with only 1 archer defending Paris. Suggest maintaining at least 3 firgates to protect the sea off Paris, and at least 2 riffleman lo guard the city.

Meanwhile, I have shifted some forces after the razing of Beshbalik to the north island, and again frigates had pulle dthe defenses down to 0 ... time for land invasion!

Grenadier promoted to Combat II
While attacking, Grenadier defeats (7.80/12) Mongolian Longbowman
While attacking, Cannon loses to Mongolian Grenadier (1.44/12)
While attacking, Grenadier defeats (8.52/12) Mongolian Longbowman
While attacking, Grenadier defeats (8.52/12) Mongolian Pikeman
While attacking, Grenadier defeats (10.80/12) Mongolian Grenadier
Razed Ning-hsia
While attacking, Frigate defeats (8.00/8) Roman Galleon
Frigate promoted to Combat IV
Paris equips a Frigate

IBT:

Alex sneak a cat to hit our troops outside Athens

While defending, Grenadier defeats (10.56/12) Greek Catapult

Turn 289 (1838 AD)
Paris starts a Galleon
Paris equips a Galleon

IBT:

Next, Alex really caught me by surprise. Turns before Athens was moderately garisoned, and suddenly he have Knights and grenies attacking our forces.

While defending, Grenadier defeats (5.88/12) Greek Knight
While defending, Grenadier loses to Greek Knight (1.20/10)
While defending, Grenadier loses to Greek Knight (7.90/10)
While defending, Grenadier defeats (6.96/12) Greek Grenadier

Damned, two knights killed two grenie!!!!

Turn 290 (1840 AD)

Paris starts a Galleon

As revenge, I start hitting his troops with collateral damage (but how did Alex suddenly tripples the number of troops there?

While attacking, Cannon defeats (6.48/12) Greek Longbowman
Cannon promoted to City Raider I
Cannon promoted to City Raider II
While attacking, Cannon defeats (3.00/12) Greek Grenadier
While attacking, Cannon defeats (6.12/12) Greek Longbowman
Frigate promoted to Medic I
While attacking, Frigate defeats (8.00/8) Mongolian Caravel

This is the situation with Athens ...

goodluck. If Alex uses his 3 cats well, with some bad combat rolls, we may have a significant weakened force outside Athens.

>>> The Save (1840AD) <<<

(PS: after downloading the save, you may need to change the saved filename extension from civ4savedgame to Civ4SavedGame for CIv4 to load it correctly).

okay im picking up

@ grayfox uhhh... yah alot of people stay up to like 12:00 my stepsister used to go to bed at 4:00 am

im very sry to say that i have broken my civ 4 disc and have to drop out... but my warlords copy stilll works

We look like we are in good shape. My plan will be to finish off the major Mongolian and Greek towns, and the converge our troops on either the Romans or Japanese (if I get that far).

We start where we left off, with the battle for Athens. Alex didn't bother to send out his catapults during the IBT, so I sent in my cannons.

We almost took the city without loss, until a rifle died to a catapult! :cry:

On the other side of the world, we mopped up the remainder of the Mongolian cities without loss. They only have one small city left (that we know of).

I forgot to put a sentry on the main Mongolian island; we probably should as that would be a tempting spot for the AI to land troops. I'll let the next person decide if it's worth it to backtrack and throw a grenadier on the island, or if the troops would be better served in Rome/Japan.

Somewhere in here we got Steam Power. Assembly Line is currently being made; the next person gets to play with Infantry (and has over 4000g to do upgrades if they choose).

We had a number of excess Galleons in the Mongolian theatre, while we had a lot of troops finishing up in Greece that would soon need transport. I sluffed off 3 galleons and a frigate to make the longer journey back home; the arrived just as our troops were finishing off Greece.

Next turn we'll be able to raze the last Greek town (that we know) of Knossos. There are two galleys waiting to transport those troops along when they're done burning the town. Our main troops are mostly healed and ready to wreck some havoc; I did leave a sentry around Athens' ruins (and have already sunk a Roman settler galleon).

Rome is the new point leader, but he will be a tough nut to crack. Next player gets to choose the battle plan, but I would take the troops from Old Greece and have them move from the top down, and I would take the troops from Old Mongolia and have them start from the bottom and work up. You should be able to converge on the toughest cities of Rome and Osaka.

This game is in the bag, but if I remember the troop levels that Rome and Japan kept (and also now that they have Grenadiers) I think we're going to face the toughest battles ahead. Another option could be to send all the troops back home, upgrade to infantry, and laugh on into the night :lol: :dance:

Happy Hunting!

OK looks good I will try to get to it tonight.

1862: Konoss falls with no losses. Our CR3 cannon are 99% vs muskets or LBs. This is very nice. The Greek plague has been removed from the earth.

1864: We land at Osaka on a wooded hill to begin the final conquest of the AI mainland. Simultaneously land the Mongol divisions at Antium for a 2 front assault. Also send out some extra frigates on search missions to find remaining cities.

1866: Rome counters strongly at Antium with cats knights grenis and horse archers. We loose 2 grenis in the battle but Rome suffers devastating casualties. Japan does not have the heart for battle and huddles quietly resigned to their fate. Osaka falls without casualties (for us that is). Antium is bombed but we need to heal there.

In other news a scientist is born in Paris to bring research over the 500 beaker mark.

1868: Destroy Neopolis a 1 tile island city in the far N. It had 2 rifles and cost us 1 cannon to take with amphibious assault.

1870: Our stack of CR3 cannon lay waste to Antium with no losses. Also take Ravena a small city on the N of the island without loss.

1872: A bit of R&R for the troops to heal their wounds. Also land a group of 6 troops at Edo, The Japanese Southern Island.

1874: Troop movement and bombard Edo. Assembly line is in and upgrade 3 rifles to infantry. Start RR.

1876: I see Genghis’ last city in the N and am moving on it. Also think I see Mao in the far S and send 2 cannon and an infantry on our fastest ships.

1878: We step up to the gates of Rome.

1880: Rome falls with no losses.

I leave the honor of the final kill to the great warrior Grey Fox who is a hardened veteran of the OCC-AW series. It really is amazing how powerful a OCC can be in this game. It is true that the AI is quite poor at archi maps and war but still to win in AW @ Emp. Well good job team. I’m thinking of trying some of these OCC-AW in warlords.

So we've reached the final stages of this game already? Hmm.. I was hoping to flash around with destroyers!

Thanks for the honor, you'll have to wait a bit though. I'll play in 30~48 hrs.

--

I think Warlords would be even more fun. Some of the UUs are tweaked (such as 100% against Axe for Immortals) that will make an AW-OCC game even more possible. But they still did not bring in the colony stuff, so a world builder peek is still necessary to ensure we have the necessary resources.

Top Bottom