1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[TERRAIN] Mod concept--[villages and forts]/[two textures on a tile exploit?] (HELP)

Discussion in 'Civ5 - Creation & Customization' started by AzraelZephyrian, Apr 15, 2019.

1. AzraelZephyrian

AzraelZephyrian Chieftain

I noticed that roads are able to have improvements over them. This makes me wonder: can I define a texture+model (most likely the Feitoria, mott-and-bailey, and uh...berringer crater...) as a road/railroad-style asset somehow (I know Whoward made the tunnel-borer produce a route improvement)? I'd like to add a type of build action that drops a standard fortification texture (or berringer crater) on the plot as a route, then put a non-route improvement (with defense bonuses) on the plot.

That way I can make castle villages with palisades (feitoria), foxholes with woodworks (crater), and walled forts (Mott&bailey).

Some more ideas:
    Spoiler :
    Hell, we could also make little villages--drop a castle building texture on top of an ancient-era trading post.

The "village" or "outpost" improvement could culture-bomb the adjacent tiles, could act as a fortification, and could allow a city to work those tiles. It might send production or food, depending on era, to the nearest city. Maybe there could be two classes (mercantile and militaristic); when pillaged, the militaristic one may spawn a garrison of one of a copy of one of the troops you currently have deployed. Mercantile could allow tile-working within a certain small radius.

It would make colonization so much more fun!

You could even make an ART_DEF with randomization--e.g. mercantile may spawn with a porcelain tower .gr2 on top of a trading post, or it might spawn with an oracle...or a temple of Artemis! So many possibilities...

Or drop a barbar fort on top of a trading post and call it a "tribal village" (which we could then allow to spawn units from a city state, until it turns into a city state, ala barbarians evolved.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2019
  2. AzraelZephyrian

3. Enginseer

Enginseer Salientia of the Community Patch Supporter

alternatively you could just make a feature and improvement exist at the same time...

4. AzraelZephyrian

Yeah good point. I have no idea how one would go about that; I have no experience using .lua Any pointers on where to start?