[MOD] Plantation Economy

sounds great!: but u no how there are the raw and processed materials... if coffee is the raw material, what is the refined? and what about indigo? would be interesting (but weird) to have "refinied coffee" as the processed material :D

Those can't really be refined and will stay as is. But Indigo will be used with cotton (or fabric) later on to make cloth or "Fine Cloth"...

Ok it's working fine now, there indeed was something in my custom assets. but after deleting it the problem was still there. So I looked in the real games assets, where I too found a modules map that didn't belong there, after deleting that one it worked. :)
Another question: Is it ok if I use this for my own mod? It's about the dutch colonies in Indonesia.

I'm working on that, I'll post a patch later on... I've been having problems with it, so I first need to figure out why I get Samuel de Champlain as King instead of the Portugal King...

I believe the Samuel de Champlain LH was based on Civ4's Portuguese leader, John II, so that's probably why they look so much alike.

Glad you like it! But I've gotta give credits to Deliverator for the gold resource!!

Yes I have plans for further changes! I want to add more first and second transformation yields and some more resources too...

I plan to rework food where you'll have tradable grains, meat and seafood. A new ranch improvement for cows, swines, sheeps and horses too. Also whales and a whaling boat that would yield oil and food.

I also want to change the shipbuilding industry. You'll produce "tar" with lumber, weavers will make fabric and the tailor could make sails with it or cloth if you've got some Indigo dye...

Sounds great :D So horses will be produced in plots instead of buildings?

Ok it's working fine now, there indeed was something in my custom assets. but after deleting it the problem was still there. So I looked in the real games assets, where I too found a modules map that didn't belong there, after deleting that one it worked. :)
Another question: Is it ok if I use this for my own mod? It's about the dutch colonies in Indonesia.

I saw it in the DB yesterday, but I think you should announce it here so that everyone will know about it :)

lol: jus chekin: did u intend to have Portugal in this mod, because if so: i cant find it =="

I've update a new version with Portugal Civ mixed from AoDII and Colonies of the New World (with all 4 Leaders...). Download link here!

Sure! As long as you give me credits... West Indies Mod sound cool!

Sounds great :D So horses will be produced in plots instead of buildings?

Yep! They wont be consuming food but occupy terrain that would otherwise be use to farm... And I don't like the idea of feeding horses with fish too...

Aymerick,

I've just gotten around to downloading the new version of Plantation Economy, and I'm stoked. I've started two games but haven't been able to finish because of a strange video memory error. I'm wondering if it is on my end or if it might be something with the MOD. Here is the code I get:

"Failed to allocate video memory. File:\main\colonization\SDKs\Gamebryo2_0\CoreLibs\NiDX9Renderer\NiDX9SourceTextureData.cpp Line:321"

Is that something to do with the MOD? I haven't had any kind of error issues with Colonization before I installed the new .09 Beta, so I'm wondering if I need to do something to fix this.

Also, had a chance to see wheat, gold, and buffalo - very cool. Still waiting to see prime timber. I know it's there :D

Any thoughts about the Custom House?

Cheers - and awesome MOD -
Master Akura

"Failed to allocate video memory. File:\main\colonization\SDKs\Gamebryo2_0\CoreLibs\NiDX9Renderer\NiDX9SourceTextureData.cpp Line:321"
Is that something to do with the MOD? I haven't had any kind of error issues with Colonization before I installed the new .09 Beta, so I'm wondering if I need to do something to fix this.

Hey master_akura,

This is not related to the mod itself. I've been looking around in the forum and you're not the first one to have this technical problem... Look at this thread , some people manage to solve this...

I suggest you try installing the latest DirectX version and uninstall/reinstall the game as well as the patch v1.01...

But here are some things you may also want to try:
1) Hold the shift key down to start it. Supposed to clear the mysterious cache. I've heard a lot about the cache, this was the first time I had seen a way to deal with it. Insert CD, cancel the startup, hold Shift, double-click the icon to start. I'm guessing this was the fix.

The rest were INI file changes:
2) Set the MEM<something> back to 0. This is the setting that turns off the Alt-Tab if it is 1 and is supposed to help with video.
3) Set the Dynamic entries to 1 to save to the page file.
4) Turned off the Enable Voice Capture setting.

As for Prime Timber, they don't appear as much as I'd like with the "A_New_World" mapscript so try using the FaireWeather.py mapscript, they appear more frequently with it...

And for the custom house... Working on it!

Aymerick,

I uninstalled/reinstalled the game, and that seemed to fix it. It was crashing before the first time I came to choose a Founding Father. I've played two games up to 250 turns so far, so I think I'm good.

Cheers on the Custom House. I think that would be awesome.

Also, what were your thoughts on adjusting the game a bit so that you could pick which buildings go into your town? (i.e. - were you considering working on that?)

What are you working on now with updates? I really like the option of using this MOD with the Faireweather map. TONS of options and huge variety in the resources that you get. It's great. I even ran into prime timber :D

Looking forward to further iterations. And thanks for the assistance with the error.

Cheers,
Master Akura

Hi, how did you get the portugal civ to work in a modular mod? Because if I try to add a civ to my mod there is no king for that civ.

Hi, how did you get the portugal civ to work in a modular mod? Because if I try to add a civ to my mod there is no king for that civ.

I believe that the King and the Colonies are actually two different civs. In the files, there's "England", and "New England", or something like that. If you only add the colonies, you have no king. If you only add the king, you wouldn't be able to play as that civ.

I've had the same problem when I first tried adding a specific module for Portugal Civ, I used to get Samuel de Champlain as king instead of the real Portugal King...

I couldn't get it to work in it's own module. I started by putting only the "Portugal Colonies Civ" and "Portugal King Civ" within my "Portugal_CIV4CivilizationInfos.xml" (like TC01 mentioned), didn't work...

That might have been because I already had another "CIV4CivilizationInfos.xml" in my other module. There could have been some conflic, I'm not sure, but I think you need to have all civilizations included within your module's "CIV4CivilizationInfos.xml"...

Anyway, I tried implementing the new Portugal Civ to my other module so I only get one "CIV4CivilizationInfos.xml" with all civilizations and for all modules and it worked fine...

I did make a china_europe and a new china ;) But what I did was taking the china civs from someone else and then putting it in your file right behind portugal. So I'm really confused why the portugal is working but china isn't. Are there other files in your mod where I have to add it, where you put portugal in?

I did make a china_europe and a new china ;) But what I did was taking the china civs from someone else and then putting it in your file right behind portugal. So I'm really confused why the portugal is working but china isn't. Are there other files in your mod where I have to add it, where you put portugal in?

Wait, are you trying to add China to Plantation Economy? You should have asked, I would have done it :)

But if you want to add it to your own mod, you'll need to edit the following files in your Modules folder:
  • YourModule_CIV4ArtDefines_Civilization.xml
  • YourModule_CIV4ArtDefines_Leaderhead.xml
  • YourModule_CIV4ArtDefines_Unit.xml
  • YourModule_CIV4CivilizationInfos.xml
  • YourModule_CIV4GameText.xml
  • YourModule_CIV4LeaderHeadInfos.xml
  • YourModule_CIV4TraitInfos.xml
  • YourModule_CIV4UnitInfos.xml

Those in the XML/Audio folder:
  • Audio2DScripts.xml
  • Audio3DScripts.xml
  • AudioDefines.xml

And those in the XML/GameInfo folder:
  • CIV4DiplomacyInfos.xml
  • CIV4WorldInfo.xml

Don't forget the Sounds and the Arts and also, be carefull if your taking the China Civ fro AoDII, there are XML tags that will not work in a vanilla mod because of the SDK changes Dale has done...

I think i've already done that. I'll upload my new version of the Dutch East Indies now, i'd be very pleased if you could take a look ;)

Hey Aymerick, I made an Xml only file of my mod (v 2.07). If you could look what I did wrong with China. (there is no king or sometimes it is a normal portuguese leader). I really need to get this right, because I want to add some more civ's in the future. Thanks in advance.

Link:
http://www.filefront.com/13989215/Dutch East Indies 2.07 - XML Only.rar

Hey Aymerick, I made an Xml only file of my mod (v 2.07). If you could look what I did wrong with China. (there is no king or sometimes it is a normal portuguese leader). I really need to get this right, because I want to add some more civ's in the future. Thanks in advance.

Link:
http://www.filefront.com/13989215/Dutch East Indies 2.07 - XML Only.rar

I've been looking into that, I dunno yet what the problem is... I'll get back to you as soon as I find out...

OK, many thanks. By the way in v2.06 the portuguese king was the king of china. But now I returned it to the chinese king.

Don't know if the other message arrived so again: Thank you very much, if there's anything I can do in return i'd gladly do it :)

Top Bottom