1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[mod] Warlords: Total Realism 2.3a

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Modpacks' started by Houman, Aug 21, 2007.

1. Snake Pliskeen

Snake Pliskeen Warlord

I'm trying to play the world map, but right before the start the game crashes.
    When I select my leader only one is possible for each civ. Is this intended?

2. Hian the Frog

Hian the Frog TR Designer and XML

For the world map, only one leader is possible. They are all already chosen. You can't choose.

What's the problem about your crashes ? Try to explain please.

3. Snake Pliskeen

Snake Pliskeen Warlord

I'm playing on a world map, right when I try to found my city the game crashes and I'm off the program. I've tried with different civs, but it's the same.

4. Walter Hawkwood

Walter Hawkwood RI Court Painter

Have you applied the hotfix?

5. EnlightenmentHK

EnlightenmentHK Emperor

I am reminded of a passage from LotR...

"He loves and hates the ring. Just as he loves and hates himself..."

Which adequately describes my feelings on this mod...minus the self-esteem (self-hating) issues. Downloading now. Can't wait to get this up and running. And I predict the next month of my life will be pretty much lived at my computer chair. I've prepared for this moment. I've installed the necessary plumbing and adjustments, so my chair will double as a crapper. I was planning to be fed intravenously, but my dire fear of needles inspired a moment of weakness, so I've simply got the pizza and chinese take-out guys on speed dial. I have told everyone but work that I'll be on a business trip for the next 4 weeks. And I've told work that I'm undergoing cancer treatment.

I think I'm ready to play. :)

(great work guys, will have a working review later, I'm sure it'll be worth the wait. Thanks!)

6. Hian the Frog

Hian the Frog TR Designer and XML

Don't die on your desk ! :eek: ;) The problem with Civ is simple: it can be added as a drug by the DEA. ;)

Download, test, play.... you will see how we had worked hard, but nicelly.:goodjob:

Hian the Frog.

7. Snake Pliskeen

Snake Pliskeen Warlord

I downloaded and extracted on Assets folder, I tried everything, even to reinstall warlords and all patches, but nothing to do, game keep on crashing at the starting of the game. What it can be? Could it be the fact that I named the folder as TR 3 as I wanted to keep the older folder?
    I try to rename the folders, I hope to be successful.

8. Walter Hawkwood

Yes, it should be that. In case you want to have several versions at once, you have to keep the one you want to play now named "Total Realism". This is especially required for playing world maps.

9. Insomniax

Insomniax Chieftain

Loving the mod so far! But I've attached a savegame with a problem I've been having. No matter what I do, I get a CTD immediately upon ending this turn. I thought maybe the computer trying to declare war on me might be causing it (scope the Aztec army near my latest conquest), so I tried saving them the trouble and declaring war before I ended the turn, but still to no avail. Any suggestions? I'm actually curious whether this will be reproduceable on your machines since I get a CTD instantly if I try to start a custom game (so this whole problem might just be with something I've done).
    Uninstalled 2.2.1, installed 2.3, installed the hotfix, in that order, so I'm not sure what it could be.
    EDIT: Looks like it's actually a bit after my turn. I see my research progress, and a few other small changes before it crashes. I used Worldbuilder to see what was happening on this particular turn and as far as I can tell, the only things the computer is going to finish constructing are a few units.
    2ND EDIT: Could be something with Slavic Archers. By using Worldbuilder to delete the city that was going to finish one that turn, I got past the CTD. Might be something else (i.e. one less city in the world got me past it), but at least I can keep playing!
    3RD EDIT: I'm starting to buy into the idea that it's something with units. This time, deleting the cities finishing Sagittarius Equites did the trick.

Attached Files:

10. xbeanerx

xbeanerx Warlord

Wow..."Jesus Christ" what a ......Words can even discribe it!!
    i am lost in the TR world.
    Great Jobs Guys!
    Please every one give them an aplause..clap..clap..clap!
    I love very single thing about this Mod No Complaints i am Super happy.
    Now back to my game i just took a restroom break so i will be dropping in if i find any bugs.
    Superb Job Guys.
    Just Wonderfull.
    this Mod Makes you feel Sorry for Dumb Asses who Do Not Play video games.
    This is More than a game its an experience a life style if you will.
    back to my game!

11. Propunk

Propunk Warlord

I've been having CTDs every 30 turns or so.I'll try to upload the save file. I installed the hotfix.

12. Propunk

Propunk Warlord

13. xbeanerx

xbeanerx Warlord

WTF...My game Now CTD cant move on ...Oh God why have you forsaken me!!!
    Maybe if i get on my knees and pray it will Work!

14. xbeanerx

xbeanerx Warlord

Has any mod pass this Mod Yes?????

15. xbeanerx

xbeanerx Warlord

F**CK still cant play any bugs found by anyone?

16. Khoukharev

Khoukharev Chieftain

I'm in medieval with Russia on world map w/out Celts. Everythings is smooth this far. Except maybe medieval started bit too early. I'll test it little bit more.

Great job, guys!

17. xbeanerx

xbeanerx Warlord

I cant get to medieval my CTD at 970BC...Damm i am Screwed.:cry::(:(:(

18. Walter Hawkwood

Don't worry, we're already working on this one. With the information from all the players, we should fix this CTD issue fairly quickly.

Meanwhile, instead of whining, you could attach your CTD save, to help us out.

19. The Milminator

The Milminator Chieftain

I'm loving this mod. Unfortunately I'm having a CTD. Here is the save file.

Attached Files:

20. Mexico

Mexico TR senior programmer

we are aware on CTD, i am working on it