Moderator Clean Up

Would it be possible for someone to make a version that is 100 pixels wide, like the other badges?

Offered in trade for the help you gave with account settings. Also this post will test if it works.

Edit: Updated so MOD is the same size as CFC in other badges.

Thanks! Does it work if I reply (it doesn't subscribe you to threads you posted in before applying the change)? :)

Thanks! Does it work if I reply? :)
Lol I'm not sure since after I posted the last message nothing was in there so I was fiddling around with thread options and subscribed manually.
Then this thread was in there.
Now I've deleted it.
I think it will work now, thanks.
Waiting for someone to post after me should have been obvious.
D'oh.

I'll post in support of thread research.

Right-click on the image. You'll get a menu of options, and choose the one that corresponds to "image information" (it's worded differently in different browsers). My information says the image is 100 x 15, so it is indeed the right size. :)

BTW, you don't have to post in order to subscribe to a thread. There's a drop-down menu at the top called Thread Tools. Scroll down to the option that says "Subscribe to this thread." You are then offered the options of how often you want email updates (instantly, daily, weekly, never). Make your choice. The board software will tell you your subscription has been added and will politely take you back to where you were immediately before adding the subscription.

I can read it without much trouble, but I like the light text on dark background+dark text on light background idea… yet it would be out of keeping with the rest of the badges.

Look around - some badges have dark lettering on light backgrounds.

Thread notifications are working now, that's how I got here today. : )

Green is the colour of go and power on and living things like grass and trees. Then again it's also unhealthy pukey faces in Civ. I personally think it is a strange choice to depict moderators that are kaputt.

If this was a Civ game what would you do with old, obsolete Mod units? On the one hand you could upgrade them into modern Mods. But if you didn't need them to garrison forums anymore and didn't want to spend the gold then you'd probably just delete them to save on unit costs. This version is inspired by the delete unit button in Civ IV.

I think that's perfect.

With the skull in there?

We should give JR that tag. It would spice things up.

If I was a retired mod, I'd want this one the best.

In fact, that gives me an idea: Why don't you make me a mod, instantly retire me, and give me that badge. :mischief:

I don't think I could do any better than the Delete Unit Badge so that's my final submission to replace the green one in this thread. I like it far more than any plain one but I guess I understand not wanting to differ from plain badge tradition.

In fact, that gives me an idea: Why don't you make me a mod, instantly retire me, and give me that badge. :mischief:
If they replace the current green badge with mine and there is a rash of active mod retirement, it's not my fault. : P

I'd prefer not to have a skull on my badge, thankyouverymuch.

That skull badge is literally the only reason I'd want to become a mod.
What about… power?! Unlimited… power!!

It's not that unlimited. Just think of all the wonderful smileys we would have if I'd had access to that area.

Ah, you have the moderatorial talent for torturing people with what-migh-have-beens after all.

Top Bottom