More Civilizations' Macedonian Empire for VP

I dunno, I don’t use yneamp. If you give me the coordinates I will update them. How much did starting positions really change?

I'm not sure for all the maps though... I just generate a Giant Europe map and I spawn on the coast and I just wondered if this mod was updated to the new Ynaemp mod

That is a question for tomatekh. I didn’t touch his yneamp compatibility Pella was a port city on the coast of the Thermaic Gulf, close to modern day Thessaloniki, so that doesn’t sound wrong

Mod update: there is currently a conflict with 4UC, which disables all lua in macedon. For now, don’t try to play with both mods; it won’t work. Also avoid enginseer’s polders on marsh

Update: new version pushed. Fixes Katoikia showing up in civ select screen. lua and load order is working as intended now

Last edited:
Hey! Playing on the v7 with 3/4 UC, I had a katoikia appear on one of the city-state's iron tile. I didn't see just how it got there. I looked through katoikia's sql and saw that SpecificCivRquired and CivilizationType were set to defaults. I ended up tying those to Macedonia specifically, after which katoikia appeared on the civ selection screen as another component. However, at the same time tech tree got rid of katoikia's yield changes, which were showing up for every civ. I play with a personal mod that cleans up those tech buttons, so it may not be showing up for you, but it's there.

Looking through the comments here, I can only guess that you've had quite of a back and forth with this improvement, perhaps similar to what I did. I don't know the whole story or your thought process, but I think 5 unique components on the civ selection screen is better than the tech tree litter and city state shenanigans (though I'm not sure the latter due to that).

Hey! Playing on the v7 with 3/4 UC, I had a katoikia appear on one of the city-state's iron tile. I didn't see just how it got there. I looked through katoikia's sql and saw that SpecificCivRquired and CivilizationType were set to defaults. I ended up tying those to Macedonia specifically, after which katoikia appeared on the civ selection screen as another component. However, at the same time tech tree got rid of katoikia's yield changes, which were showing up for every civ. I play with a personal mod that cleans up those tech buttons, so it may not be showing up for you, but it's there.

Looking through the comments here, I can only guess that you've had quite of a back and forth with this improvement, perhaps similar to what I did. I don't know the whole story or your thought process, but I think 5 unique components on the civ selection screen is better than the tech tree litter and city state shenanigans (though I'm not sure the latter due to that).
did you have the timurids loaded up as well? There seems to be a conflict with the lua that disables villages for timur and the one that disables citadels for Alex. I’ll fiddle with it later this week; I have some ideas.

As for the katoikia in tech vs in civ select, I was trying to follow the precedent set by MoV’s Colonia. Instead, I might suppress the stratego with a showinpedia=false, since the stratego is a nothing unit

Last edited:
did you have the timurids loaded up as well? There seems to be a conflict with the lua that disables villages for timur and the one that disables citadels for Alex. I’ll fiddle with it later this week; I have some ideas.

As for the katoikia in tech vs in civ select, I was trying to follow the precedent set by MoV’s Colonia. Instead, I might suppress the strategy with a showinpedia=false, since the strategy is a nothing unit
Yeah, sorry for not mentioning other mods, I actually did have the Timurids enabled.

By the way, I actually dislike the fact that the Colonia's yield buffs from techs appear on the tech tree for everybody, that's why I've made it to be unique to Venice in my mod (Tidy Tech Tree) as well. I guess that's just a personal preference, so I may do the same for Katoikia and call it a compatibility change.

Edit: ew, what an ugly mess I wrote without proofreading.

Last edited:
Here's what I'm thinking of doing:

New unique 4UC building for Macedon:

4UC: Strategeion (Courthouse)
Available at Philosophy
No Maintenance
120:c5production: (20% cheaper)

Eliminates :c5unhappy: Unhappiness from :c5war:Occupation
Spawns a Stratego on Construction
+2:c5production: and +2:c5culture: to Nearby Katoikia
+10% :c5production: and :c5culture: During :c5goldenage: Golden Ages in this City

No changes to Stratego

Changes to Katoikia:
:c5strength:Defense increased to +100%
Base Yields reduced to 1:c5production:2:c5culture:
No Global %:c5production:production modifier
Changes to Katoikia create more incentive to keep Katoikia near occupied cities, rather than move Strategos to core cities.
Lua adjustment to both Timurid and Macedon civ, where both civs' luas account for each other.
Currently, the Stratego is birthed using Lua. The addition of a Strategeion removes that. It causes a bit of a weird daisy-chain of uniques, but oh well.
Dropping the global modifier removes anothe rdummy building and lua, which is also nice.

Here's what I'm thinking of doing:

New unique 4UC building for Macedon:

4UC: Strategeion (Courthouse)
Available at Philosophy
No Maintenance
120:c5production: (20% cheaper)

Eliminates :c5unhappy: Unhappiness from :c5war:Occupation
Spawns a Stratego on Construction
+2:c5production: and +2:c5culture: to Nearby Katoikia
+10% :c5production: and :c5culture: During :c5goldenage: Golden Ages in this City

No changes to Stratego

Changes to Katoikia:
:c5strength:Defense increased to +100%
Base Yields reduced to 1:c5production:2:c5culture:
No Global %:c5production:production modifier
Changes to Katoikia create more incentive to keep Katoikia near occupied cities, rather than move Strategos to core cities.
Lua adjustment to both Timurid and Macedon civ, where both civs' luas account for each other.
Currently, the Stratego is birthed using Lua. The addition of a Strategeion removes that. It causes a bit of a weird daisy-chain of uniques, but oh well.
Dropping the global modifier removes anothe rdummy building and lua, which is also nice.
Despite the daisy-chain, I think that's actually more intuitive than a regular courhouse spawning a unique unit. Looks good. :) I can't judge the power of that, though.

update is live
Code:
New UB: Strategeion - cheaper to build and no building maintenance. +3 production/culture to Katoikia.
Flaccid attempt at resolving bug where AI civs can build Katoikia

Update
bug fix for Stratego, no longer considered a great person to resolve compatibility with JFD's rise to power. Strategos cannot be selected as a choice for free GPs from events, policies, etc.

Minor Bug report:

Creating a modpack with this mod fails. More precisely, the modpack creator fail to copy the mod's folder inside the modpack (you can fix the modpack by doing it manually)
The only time I've seen this bug before was for a mod using decimal number as version numbers, but that does not seems to be the case here.
Probably still an illegal character somewhere in an important field.
Fixing this bug might not be worth the time required to find what did go wrong.

(Also note that I didn't tried to do it twice, so it might just be an issue on my side)

hmm... Maybe I should just deactivate that whole folder :p Waiting for E&D for VP to be complete tho

v10 is live
Code:
Deactivation of citadels is now a trait table in CPDLL. should resolve bugs
Unique promotion icons, courtesy of Asterix Rage
updated credits
New Promotion Icons for 'Hammer and Anvil' and 'To the World'd End' promotions:

Using this mod prevents non-greek great generals from planting citadels. The icon isn't there.

Using July hotfix 3, and 3&4 uc only.

Update for Macedon:
- Updated description text
Strategeion
- Increased build cost to be the same as a regular courthouse (Satrap's court already does the cheaper courthouses thing)
- Moved the Supply Cap boost from the Stratego to the Strategeion (Now it is visible on the civ select screen)
- Added -5% Empire Needs modifier (helps ease the incentive for more annexed cities that Macedon encourages)
Katoikia
- Increased base yields to 3 production/culture
- changed tech yields. Overall increase in yields, especially Science
- Increased the XP per turn for units stationed on a Katoikia during a GA to +4 per turn

heh. Just earlier today I was wondering about adding the three of your 3/4UC civ mods I hadn't tested yet (Macedon, Timurid, Israel) to make it a nice round 52 civs, one for each card in the deck. But I wasn't sure if they were totally up to speed with the newer versions of VP. Guess this is the answer.

Also, turns out it was just terrible RNG luck in getting mod civs as an AI appointment, as I ran into the Tlingit early on while playing as Macedon. And I subsequently ran OVER the Tlingit with my Hetairoi, which are bad ass as hell. The unique barracks is, of course, very good as well. Have not gotten far enough to test the 3/4 components yet, but this is already the most enjoyment I've had as an Authority civ in quite a while.

They are all up to date, yes.

I will say, however, that the recent 3:c5production:3:c5gold: steroid to agribusiness farms means that the Kibbutz is actually only a so-so improvement over the Farm. The change to improvement which require an existing improvement on them in order to be built (ie. ancient ruins) means that the Kibbutz also only replaces the famr when it is finished construction. That's a nice quality of life improvement.

Farm gets +4:c5food:3:c5production:3:c5gold: (plus 2:c5food:1:c5production: from imperialism and 1:c5gold: from cathedral)
Kibbutz gets +5:c5food:3:c5science:3:c5culture:1:c5production:
Having to wait 5 eras to unlock a UI that only beats farms by 2 yields and a better quality of yield is pretty ridiculous.

Top Bottom