• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

More Rhun soldiers!

what i can say is AMAZING :)

I really wish i didn't have homework... i want to get to put these in today.

(i hate school, i can only work on the mod on weekends)

sorry about that rant, Zerver, those are amazing :)

That's awesome!!

Thomas, I hate school too, not only because of homework, also because of my stupid little annoying classmates... But we have to be strong, and create more units. By the way, does someone think about creating the gondor warriors from the movie (Return of the King)?

We have one from Chugginator which could probably be reboned into different units...

(but if i had a preference on units made, i'de say we need some early dunland units... (just hairy barbaric people))

I like the horseman, and the horse's cloth was a good idea! :)
I think the Easterlings were definitely one of my better units, one of my favourites.

@ thomas - The guy I made for Gondor was actually based on a Numenorian but they are essentially the same and look similar anyway..

Wow, amazing!
About other units, does anyone know if is it possible to convert units from the Battle for The Midde-Earth to civ? It has a lot of interesting units...

Ehm, of course it will be nice, but I think if itll be possible to convert 3d models with animations from another games to Civ4, the real and intersting unit making will die... But it is only my opinion.:nuke:

Later I'll send you a few models to test - thought I don't know if the format is readable, or can be converted.
And Zerver, I agree that the units made specially for Civ - and for a specific mod - are much better. They have much of the artist creativity, and a special flavour, and work better with the game they were made for. But we need a lot of units, and some of the units in BFME are really good, so we can use them too - until we have a good substitute.

Thanks, make sure you include any texture files needed.
I think that sometimes the "homemade" units can be better (but looking back on some of my older units I don't really like them, and sometimes feel like re-making them) but then the professional units from other games are usually very high quality, so it can be hard not to use them in most cases.

Thanks, make sure you include any texture files needed.
I think that sometimes the "homemade" units can be better (but looking back on some of my older units I don't really like them, and sometimes feel like re-making them) but then the professional units from other games are usually very high quality, so it can be hard not to use them in most cases.

wanting to remake stuff is a commen problem under artists :) once you have some distance and leave the "just made" flash, you see whats wrong with your work :) and the better you get, the less you like the stuff you did a month ago :)

well about units from elsewhere, I suggest keep focusing on consitency, so either take all from somewhere else or nothing, otherwise the mod looks made up and patchworked, which destroyes atmosphere.

just my 2 cents.

Well, about this patchworked look, the units of BFME are all movie based, so they match almost perfectly with most units people make. And this is one of the things I was thinking about when I said units made specially for Civ are better.
Anyway, it seems the game models of BFME are all compressed into a single file, so it will be difficult to get them. Probably it's better to simply forget it.

wanting to remake stuff is a commen problem under artists :) once you have some distance and leave the "just made" flash, you see whats wrong with your work :) and the better you get, the less you like the stuff you did a month ago :)

I know it's really annoying! My Uruks and the Gondorians don't look half as good as they did when I first made them.

Anyway, it seems the game models of BFME are all compressed into a single file, so it will be difficult to get them. Probably it's better to simply forget it.

What sort of file is it?

I don't know wich file contains it... There are several .biq files, including some called W3D.biq, Textures.biq and Shaders.biq. There's also a DAT file, called asset, and some .m3d files. There are others, but these are the ones I would guess contain unit models. Any idea?

I think .biq are movie files but not certain and .DAT files are just data (like xml maybe?) If it's the .m3d file (which it most likely is, I think) then it could possibly be converted to a usable format. I'll have a look for something.

edit: hmm.. having difficulties finding stuff now, the plugins seem to be for another 3d program that I don't use

Top Bottom