Moronic Anti-Videogame hit piece

Violent video games won't be banned because the majority of Americans are still apparently against it, and the courts would likely rule it is unconstitutional even if laws were passed prohibiting them. Of course, the reactionaries which were recently appointed to the Supreme Court may make the latter a much closer call than in the past.

Does anyone else think that thing I mentioned earlier about the real-life locations and violent movies was ?

Oh, it's definitely true. While the conservative culture warriors grumble about "Hollweird" it's a forgone conclusion that the movie industry ( as well at the TV industry ) will be just fine. They are a class A embedded part of our culture.

You know what's really funny? GTA is basically just a big part of Hollywood thrown into a blender and reheated. Yet it will cause a huge controversy while its component parts pass through the cultural gatekeepers unmolested. So the culture that inspired GTA will remain precisely the same we'll attempt to ban a specific icon of that culture.

It's almost a cargo cult, really. Remove the evidence that our culture is violent and it won't be.

I sometimes wish I had been reared an a nonviolent culture, but I wasn't. I can't choke down decades of our cultural cocktail and then suddenly switch to tapwater.

Top Bottom