Name explanation please...

Love

Deity
I want to know if you guys have some explanation to your strange names... So show it!

My name Gandhi rules came from my favourite leader in Civ IV...

The underscore in El_Machinae tells you something about my (copyrighted) username: it was generated in the days when you weren't allowed to have spaces in your screen names!

That said, it orginally had nothing to do with my "brain in a jar" schtick; so that's a bit of a coincidence.

The underscore in El_Machinae tells you something about my (copyrighted) username: it was generated in the days when you weren't allowed to have spaces in your screen names!

That said, it orginally had nothing to do with my "brain in a jar" schtick; so that's a bit of a coincidence.

:eek: its copyrighted?

Pugs are awesome. Exhibit A: The space being in my avatar.

I'm really a giant beaver who mutated to be able to talk, write, type and run it's own business, the purpose of which has never been revealed. As you can see, we are having a sale on muskrats.

I lived in Alaska, and always got asked (online, by non-Alaskans) "Do you live in an igloo?"

My username was created as preemptive sarcasm.

And for the record, I'm the only one, except some nimrod at Gamespot starting using the nick as well, sometime last year.

Oh, and here's the previous thread:

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=202956

I'm called Turner because I used to work in an nursing home and it was my job to turn the mattresses over when changing the beds.

My first name, which means "today" in Ge'ez.

Mine is from Josiah B. Chuckleworthy who invented the badly fitting trouser in 1867. He was known as Peri to his friends and family.

Mine is a character from a novel. To quote him: "Take me to your leader".

Here's my explanation again:

Ingvina Freyr is old norse meaning;

Ing- = the original name of the god Freyr
-vina = friends (followers)
Freyr = Lord

"The lord of those who worship Ing" may refer to Ing himself, but it is also used as a title for the King of the Swedes during the iron age as they generally held Ing in highest regards. In Beowulf it could also be interpreted as King of the Geats or the Danes.

This was something I was reading about when I joined CFC, so I just wrote what was on my mind at the time. Had I joined today, I would probably go for something more humourous; like my darling. Imagine how that would look:

Originally posted by my darling. or...
I strongly disagree with your opinion, my darling! or if the Mods were to warn me...
You have better stop spamming, my darling!

Bigfoot is a nickname that was bestowed upon me by a friend of my daughters. She is rather petite, while I wear a size 15 (US).

Top Bottom