Name explanation please...

Whomp is short for Massive Whompus which is what I deliver.

I really enjoy history and stuff about Rome and Hannibal. Also I loved Rome:Total War. I finally decided to get g-mail and needed a name. I tried so many names I got very frustrated. I was not going to do a stupid "speedy_7960" type name. So I thought back to Scipio Africanus and the Scipii faction in Total War. Then I searched on the internet and found that scipian meant "having to do with the sea." All in all I liked these and chose scipian.

BTW-I have very bad memory. So I keep the same name and password for pretty much everything. After a while I get tired of the name. So, I've gone through the stages of "John-Dek", "Onja", "Adan", "Czar_Adan", and now I'm Scipian.

It's quite interesting the sensible reasons for the odd names I see every day here.

Final note: I have the Civ. IV flag of Carthage as my pic. Scipio Africanus was the Roman general who defeated Hannibal of Carthage and pretty much doomed poor Carthage to Hades forever.

i am named after a southern chinese province. it just sounded interesting [say gwang-shi] so thats why i picked it :crazyeye:
If you're saying "gwang-shi", then you're pronouncing it wrong! :p

Closer to gwong-[umm, I really don't know how to describe the second syllable. The vowel is a long e, but the consonant is like the sh sound, but said with the back of your tongue]. And then you have to get the tone right!

Mine was the first thing that came to my mind when I registered for CFC. Ever oft since have I regretted it!

Needed name, friend suggested "Kan' Sharuminar" off the top of his head, so began a name that would invoke so many Wrath of Khan memories ;)

Its my nickname amongst my friends, I was called this becuase I often used to tell my friends how ninety-percent of what you do every day is completely pointless and useless, and if youv ever read the book in the bible, well, guess what its about.

It specifically refers to a group that took Prophet Muhammad (s) in and gave him refuge when his life was in peril. The Ansar became the vanguard of Islam. Allah says in the Quran:

"Allah has turned in mercy to the Prophet, and to the Muhajireen and the Ansar who followed him in the hour of hardship." (Quran, 9:117)
:D :cooool:

ParkCungHee is a typo, I was aiming at ParkChungHee, because I wanted to learn how to make leaderheads so I could make one of him.

I used my name because I wanted it to be easy to remember. Since I thought I would only occasionally be logging in to check the Civ forums :lol:

Russian for Red

(DER BOLSHEVIKS ARE COMMETH)

Just saying that word is fun. Kraznaya. Russian is the coolest language ever.

As for my Username: I stole it from a rather goofy friend of mine, who's use of it had waned in recent years. So if you see Cheezy the Wiz on Diablo II or WoW, it's not me!

Mine is my real name.
I really dont think theres any danger to divulging your real name as there are probably countless others with my name

Narz is a shortening of my last name, Norris. Just as Chuck is a shortening of my father's first name, Carlos.

Spoiler :
Kidding on the second bit ;)

Top Bottom