1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Naming scheme discussion

Discussion in 'Team CivFanatics' started by DaveShack, Jul 3, 2012.

1. 2metraninja

2metraninja Defender of Nabaxica

Here is another fine selection of ex-CFC MTDGrs who deserted us or even worst - betrayed our fatherland and joined other teams:

TheMeInTeam
    Tinkerbell
    remake20
    damnrunner (this guy I particularly miss from Team Amazon)
    mariogreymist
    Loev
    Brian Shanahan (this one is special case - not only he betrayed us and joined RB, but he was the most vocal profane to explain how lame all we at CFC are and we dont know how to organize a single fuсking game and how arrogant and stupid we are to not listen to RB's wisdom)
    dick76 (this one is a personal touch. he is my friend and was member of Team Amazon, but for the ISDG he decided to join Apolyton. not that he is active there at all, but still :) )

All those were ex-Team Amazon players.

Now other teams members from the MTDG2:

Provolution
    Earthling
    Donsig
    ash88
    Donovan Zoi
    Hercules90 (traitor)
    Fktor
    Nakor (traitor)
    Chimera1804
    bobbyboy29
    Ceiliazul (traitor)
    v8_mark
    ahmedhadzi
    Snaaty (even worst than a traitor - the guy is at CFC, active and still he dont want to bother participating :) )
    babybluepants
    KingMorgan
    Silu
    pindicator (traitor)
    BLubmuz (cheater :D )
    Trystero

Those are so far the ones I know who was active by some way by the time I joined MTDG2, as I myself am relatively new to Civ4 MP and even newer to CFC MP.

2. Bowsling

Bowsling Deity

Provolution and Earthling were gone long before the end of the last MTDG. The only real activity past ~T100 came from RegentMan, cav scout, myself and a few others other occasionally. By the time Caledorn stepped in, it was just him, me, and CharlemagneXLII.

3. YossarianLives

YossarianLives Deity

Named our three workers Hercules90, Provolution and dick76. Named a new axe ori. We have an unnamed chariot. Any suggestions?

4. 2metraninja

I dont know about chariot. What if we start to call them "1st mobile" or something like this and keep numbers? We can later on put like "130-th mobile" after the 29-th to scare the $hit out of anyone who sees it :D

We also need a name for the new city I planted west of Daivagati. It is our 8-th city and in the tests I run it made it to size 8 in 18 turns. And we had someone proposed "Vosem" for "8" in Russian, and keeping in mind many team members gave preference we choose short names, I can propose the even shorter "Osem" which is "Eight" in many Slavic languages, including Bulgarian.

5. 1889

1889 Mayor of H-Marker Lake

Not that big of a deal but I prefer to stick with Sanskrit words. My minimal research indicates that "Astan" means 8.

6. 2metraninja

Astan sounds cool.

7. YossarianLives

YossarianLives Deity

I think we're up to three unnamed Chariots now. I wasn't a huge fan of the "1st mobile" suggestion, but if there aren't any other ideas, we can go ahead and use that.

We also need names for the barb city we just captured, and the isthmus wines city we're about to settle.

8. cav scout

cav scout The Continuum

I agree that the chariots should get regular names. We can't be out of Mods already can we?

9. talonschild

talonschild Drive-By NESer

Anyone that died (Ainwood comes to mind) can get a second unit... Or we could progress to team members who had no preference what unit is named for them.

A quick list of people we have units/unit preferences for:
    YossarianLives - Spy?
    cav scout - Cavalry
    talonschild - Catapult
    RegentMan - Longbowman
    Caledorn - Chariot
    1889 - Corporate Executive
    2metraninja - Commando-promoted unit

10. YossarianLives

YossarianLives Deity

We've still got tons of mods and admins. Here's the link.

We went through the Admins first, and now we've just about run through the Super Mods:

Then we could go to the Senior Mods:

Or just open it up to the full list of Moderators:

I'll see if I get a chance to go through the event log to revive some of our fallen soldiers.

As far as naming units after team members, we shouldn't name our spies since that can give away the team they came from if they get captured.

11. cav scout

cav scout The Continuum

So what I hear you saying is that we should name our spies after RB members... sounds good to me! :mischief:

12. Caledorn

Caledorn Emperor

:lol: Good one!

13. talonschild

Particularly the ones sent at RB.

14. YossarianLives

YossarianLives Deity

Alright, all our units are named again. We're going down the list of Senior Mods:

Also named our newest Fast Worker Brian Shanahan.

15. Bowsling

Bowsling Deity

What's our status with city naming? Where did Bono come from? Why can't I get U2 out of my head every time I read the State of the Empire report? :lol:

16. 2metraninja

LOL... Well, Bono came from Bonus or "pro bono" I guess... Cant really remember... Or the small chimpanzee Bonobo who like to fcuk each-other a lot. In the hurry I had to think of something. What happened is I captured the barb city and then a turnlogger/spy from RB started to enter the game because civstats shows we got increase in points mid-turn. I had to rename the city immediately to not give them clue with his original barbarian name Assyrian that we are capturing barb cities, but to make them think we are producing settlers and regularly settle planned new cities.

17. talonschild

Coulda just gone with "Delhi". On another note, we need a name for the nearly-settled isthmus city.

18. Caledorn

Caledorn Emperor

Christopher Tin (the man who made Baba Yetu) has a song on his "Calling all Dawns" album which has Sanskrit lyrics. The song is named "Sukla-Krsne" which means "Light and Darkness". I suggest we use that name for one of our cities, both keeping in line with Sanskrit city names, but also as a tribute to Mr Tin for the great music he makes.

There's several other words in the song that looks like good suggestions for city names if we wish to continue to use Sanskrit words.

Here's the lyrics with translation

Edit: Brahma seems to me to mean "Supreme" - so that's a properly arrogant name for a city of course. ;)

19. Bowsling

Bowsling Deity

Haha, good work! I forgot that we had captured a barbarian city. Bono is a perfectly good name... I was just wondering. :thumbsup:

I really like Sukla-Krsne as a city name. Brahma makes one think of the Brahmaputra (great river, presumably) in Bangladesh, and may be recognized by other teams. But it would still be a good name. :cool:

20. talonschild

I'd totally forgot about Calling All Dawns. Yes, do let's mine that for naming gold