Naming scheme discussion

DaveShack

Inventor
Retired Moderator
Here is a thread to discuss ideas for possible naming schemes.

I'll toss out some ideas to start with. Possibly a little too crazy, maybe not...

Lawyers
A theme based on different legal concepts, terms, etc, like "Objection", "Sustained", "Overruled", "Prosecutor", "Pro Bono", etc. This concept pays homage to the troubles the game had getting started. May be dangerous to adopt as it could prove a constant reminder of the role we played in questioning LP's rules. On the other hand, if they think we're lawyers maybe they'll forget about our spies or generals.

Spies
We could really hype the espionage thing by using names that are related to spies. "Dead Drop", "Cutout Line", "Final Friend" and such names come to mind. Also names of great spies might be used, or perhaps name cities for organizations like CIA, KGB, Mossad etc. This could serve as a distraction by making the other teams think espionage while we're doing otherwise, or it could hide the truth in plain sight by making them think we wouldn't advertise it and then do it.

Or we could use, you know, Indian names.

Other names with a distinct flavour could be found by pillaging Fall from Heaven. The Elohim have benevolent-sounding names from Ireland, the Balseraphs have appropriately decadent Frenchish ones, the Sheaim have threatening Germanic names, and so on. Find a flavour that matches our intended playstyle and run with it. Not to mention as one of the great mods, it's a wonderful place from which to quote.

I've never been a fan of flavour names like CIA, KGB, Mossad or unimaginative ones like Coaltown or whatever.

Well considering we are Team CFC how about a naming theme that pays homage to all the great folks (admins/mods) who make CFC possible?

We could name our capital "Thunderfall" for example (and yes, that means we would name a city after you DS. :) )

And if we ever plant a city that is bound to be contentious we can name if after our esteemed junior mod and game admin :D

I like the CFC theme. Lots of good stuff to pick from. Maybe we can even draw in some more superstar members if they find out we're naming cities/units after them.

CFC theme definitely has my support! It's a great idea :)

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

If we have a permanent team leader in a position akin to King, then they can be our leader name. If not, well, I leave that to the rest of you.

Civ name - the CivFanatics Dominions, or Empire, or Imperium, or something else equally impressive and vague. The adjective - perhaps simply Fanatic? And for the short name, well, I don't know. But I'm sure we'll find something.

Team name? Why, CFC MI5 Division of course!

Sorry for the random outburst of bad humour :p

I'm on board with the CFC theme.

As far as our civ names go, perhaps:
Name: Civ Fanatics Empire
Formal: Civ Fanatics
Adjective: Civ Fanatic
?

MI5 is internal security. We should be MI6 obviously.

That's how being an unenlightened Norwegian is. :p

It would be hilarious though. MI6 for team name. James Bond books/movies/one-liners (e.g. Shaken, not stirred) as City Names.

And no, it's so not a serious suggestion. We'd better not antagonize the other teams any more than needed. But would be fun!

I like the CFC idea, except I think "CFC Empire" sound a bit .. dramatic and opulent..

I can be dramatic and opulent.

Though if that's what we want to convey, try "Imperium".

What other state title would be right? Kingdom? Republic? Union? Federation? Confederacy? State? Dominion? Freehold? People's Democracy? Any combination thereof (Confederate Union? Federal Republic? United Democratic Imperial Kingdom?)

Personally I like Empire.

I can be dramatic and opulent.

Though if that's what we want to convey, try "Imperium".

What other state title would be right? Kingdom? Republic? Union? Federation? Confederacy? State? Dominion? Freehold? People's Democracy? Any combination thereof (Confederate Union? Federal Republic? United Democratic Imperial Kingdom?)

Personally I like Empire.

How about (United) Technocracy of CivFanatics?
We are "experts", so it is kind of the right stuff:king:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Technocracy

Top Bottom