Action Points: 2 AP
Traits: Crafty
Inventory: stone spear (3)
Stashed Nearby: nothing
-
1 AP - Hunt and eat a crab.
1 AP - Hunt a crab and share it with the fox. MUST TAME

Patch Notes:

With the first player encounter happening this turn, and more encounters to come, I'd like to put out a call for role-playing posts to invent a language. Like other IOTs of late, there will be an in-game benefit, in this case players will get a Karma point. As in NESCraft II, a point of Karma let's you reroll your next failed roll and take the better of the two outcomes.

Every group of two or more players who have met each other are encouraged to collaborate and describe the verbal language you invent to communicate with each other. Players can do this at any time and everyone in the group will receive one Karma from whatever you decide on.

@J.K. Stockholme

Thomas and I speak Franglais with lots of quebec slang. I've edited our dialogue appropriately.

We may eventually need to "sacré son camp":

Right now we probably:

Last edited:
1) Let's go hunt that tiger. I sneak through the woods, following the trail of blood, etc. Since this tiger is still dangerous, my aim is to continue harming it (near the head an neck) until it's dead, using my stealth and distance-based weaponry to my advantage.

If Success:
2) Drag the tiger back to the fire and tend to it, or south towards the sound of human activity near that cave to the south (whichever is closer). If either are too far for that to be realistic, build a new fire next to the dead tiger.
3) Use one of the tiger's teeth to make a knife, to begin skinning the tiger. Hack off some meat to cook and eat for dinner. Cooperate with other humans if any are met
4) Sleep next to the fire.

If Failure (either fail to kill or fail to find)
2) Return to the lake and hunt some fish, using the new harpoon weapon. Keep a low profile, and look out for any prey/predators on the way back.
3) Use the grass to weave some more rope (or bandages) and bandage myself if necessary. Cook and eat fish.
4) Sleep next to the fire, or up the tree if dangerous predators are very close.

Edited my orders to reflect the above.

Also, I just noticed, are there no buildable shrines that one can imbue in this iteration?

Action Points: 4 AP
Traits: Warrior
Inventory: stone spear (3)
Stashed Nearby: fire

You move to the north-west edge of the peninsula to have a mid-day rest inside bushes, hoping to cool down. Killing the better part of a day prevents you from getting any hotter. When you wake up you put together a nice fire and cook your fish - eating a solid meal in the night. The sun rises on a new day and you can clearly make out an island to your west, across a straight. Meanwhile those giant crabs have moved onto the mainland.

Crabs? Hm.

1. I'd like to make a sling out of woven grass (leaving enough grass in my vicinity for at least my own bedding).
2. Practice with my sling with some rocks (If necessary I will dedicate a whole AP to finding a good number of suitable rocks). If I didn't make the sling, then skip this.
3. If the crabs are still in the area then I will try to lure the most isolated one off by annoying it with slung stones, or thrown stones if I utterly failed to make a sling (aiming for the eyes). If I'm noticed and chased then I'll try to run up the mountain. Hopefully that'll give me the chance to flip a crab and attack its weak point for massive damage. If I notice they're faster than me before I attack then I want to be within a short sprint of rocky terrain before attempting this, otherwise I'll pass.
4. If I got injured, craft and apply bandages.
5. If I still have AP and somehow managed to kill a crab, cook and eat some crab meat. There's a sizable rock near my campfire that might come in handy.
6. If I still have AP, sleep (ideally) in the grass.
7. If I still have AP, forage for food.
8. If I remain trapped on the mountain by crabs, might as well climb it and get a good view.

Orders

1)
Create a fire at the base of the giant tree to the east. Cook the meat and cure the crocodile skins.
2) Climb the tree and rest in its branches, try to get a good look at the surrounding area from that vantage point.

Alright, well, that was non-optimal. Wasn't planning to leave my fire - just weave on a tree-branch or whatever. Yikes.
I gotta craft my linen into bandages [1 AP]. Forage for grass if string [1 AP] is necessary, but I imagine I can just tie it.
Assuming I'm not getting grass for bandages, forage for sticks and create a fire [1 AP]
Sleep next to the fire [1 AP] - I doubt I'm climbing anything today.
Eat my remaining plants, and defend myself with the spear should anything go wrong.

Sorry for the lateness, I had forgotten how quickly this thing updates. Next time better.

Day Four

Immaculate

Status: Major Injuries (3, gorilla and crocodile bites, bandaged, major penalty to actions involving legs, fleeing/combat/hunting etc.). Well Fed (+1 AP). Rested. Warm.
Traits: Hunter
Inventory: lizard satchel (3), stone tools (3), bone weaving tools (6)
Stashed Nearby: cave fire

For the first time since your mind opened to the world you have found another creature of your kind. You hurriedly join them at their impressive cavernous camp. As you do so, the distant sight of elephants behind you conjures a vision – you see the world, but full of spirits that watch you and appear to bewitch the elephants into a murderous rage. You see yourself trampled to death. Everything becomes darkness, and then you see another spirit look at you and nod. You shake off this horrible vision... and are harassed by monkeys who nearly take your lizard satchel – you evade them, but with some damage to your satchel. You meet this other being like yourself and a flurry of new ideas emerge – you find yourself able to communicate with them and begin coordinating in earnest. The rest of your day you craft bone weaving tools of the highest quality you can muster from lizard bones and wood. You make a bandage for your companion, to heal them of their own wounds. Inside the cave is a somewhat cooler space, with a large main area and several passages near the rear that go to who knows where – should you spend time exploring (AP), you may learn more. You sleep in this cave and wake up the next morning, healed of some of your injuries.

Ailedhoo

Status: Healthy. Fed. Rested. Overheating (penalty to energetic actions, e.g. fighting/fleeing).
Action Points: 3 AP
Traits: Waterborne
Inventory: stone spear w/ rope (2), one raw fish, stone tools (3), linen

You decide to stay on this island, barren as it is, to wait out the shark. You work on your stone rock, making a set of stone tools. You gather reeds along the coast and make linen. This hard work takes up almost the entire day. The sun beats down on you throughout – you are sunburnt and if you don’t take to water or find some way to cool yourself down, you will start to endanger yourself. You eat another fish raw, and sleep the night. The wild creatures around you move throughout the day – the shark hunts in the waters around your tiny isle, but its pack stays on the shores, unmoved. Across the strait, a pack of giant crabs that you spotted before make their way across the seabed to your isle – they mill about until they find you. Your senses bring you awake before they bring their pincers on you – your day begins with a confrontation you cannot avoid.

thomas.berubeg

Status: Minor Injury (2, crushed arm, bandaged). Well Fed (+1). Rested. Warm.
Traits: Forager
Inventory: snakeskin, one days’ snake meat
Stashed Nearby: rock cave entrance (2), cave fire
Mana: 1

As the sun rises, you spot someone who looks like you – not a jaguar, not an elephant, a human. You beckon them and they make their way through the mountain passes to you. You and them share a meal, and they relate to you a vision they had where they saw themselves die and saw spirits manipulating the events of the world. You decide to meditate, having felt that the world is not all that it appears to the naked eye, and although it is challenging, you are feel you have connected with something beyond the mortal plane, you feel an energy you cannot describe. Your new companion prepares something to hold your arm and assist its recovery, and you both sleep the night. When the morning breaks you wake up earlier and go outside to see a beast curiously looking at you. You judge it is curious of you and cannot become a threat – you could easily slaughter it, or attempt to tame it, should you wish.

Everblack

Inventory: stone spear (2), stone hoe (3), stone tools (4)

You head out of your cave in the morning to forage for those carrots you have found in days past. You head to your previous camp and start plucking them out of the ground – they don’t look quite the same as the ones you got before, but it’s been hours of looking around so you take everything you have back to your cave. Once back home you craft stone tools and a hoe from stones and sticks. You start eating your carrots for dinner – but to your disappointment, they taste terrible and you realize they are far away from being appropriate to eat. There isn’t even a consolation prize – no seeds are among them either. You feel confident though that it won’t be possible for you to make this mistake twice. You sleep the night and wake up to peer out your cave entrance – there are hyenas in the distance, but otherwise the plains are clear.

Kyzarc Fotjage

Inventory: stone spear (2), stone tools (4), one day's berries

You wake up next to your fire and decide to head a cave you see in the north. You grab a stick and try to keep the fire going, but it burns through the stick too fast – you’ll have to start from scratch. You make it to the cave, which has a large main area and appears to split off at the back into multiple cavernous routes – if you spend time exploring (AP) you discover new things inside the caves. After setting up your new fire you eat your last berries and head off to get some more – you’re familiar with these now and have little trouble getting enough to eat for tomorrow. You pack it in and sleep the night in your cave. When you wake up and leave your cave, in the distance you can make out the figure of a being that looks like yourself.

Belgarion95

Status: Healthy. Fed. Rested. Frigid (penalty to stationary/crafting actions).
Traits: Sneaky
Inventory: spear w/ rope (2), bone tools, tiger carcass

You make it your goal of the day to hunt the tiger you injured – you head out east. Although you find tracking to be quite trivial, with blood and obvious markings leading the way, the tiger made it a considerable distance through the vast forest, eventually reaching its south-eastern edge. It is there that you catch up with it – it is dying, and so you end its life with no resistance. You begin working the carcass, crafting bone tools out of its body parts. You decide you are closer to the smoke in the distant south that may be a fire, rather than your own camp. While there is still daylight you skin the beast and use the skin to carry its bones, meat, and your tools, dragging it out of the forest and across a river before you sleep the night. In the morning you wake up to a peaceful river valley and can see a creature that looks like you in the distance. Having been out in the cold yesterday, you are covered in dew and very cold again as dawn breaks.

Angst

Status: Healthy. Fed. Tired (-1 AP). Frigid (penalty to stationary/crafting actions).
Inventory: stone spear (2), crab shell

Time marches forward again. You make your way west, toward the coast, and feel a painful chill from the wind – you enter an area that is drier but still just as cold. As you get close to many crabs along a beach, you realize the panther has caught up with you – you take a fighting position. It circles you, ready to pounce, but somehow your pose and spear make it think twice. The panther decides to change targets, moving toward a pack of boars in the north, and leaving you alone – for now. With that threat removed from your day, you return to the crabs – you try hunting them for hours but can’t seem to get one of enough size to be a worthwhile meal. You decide to keep doing it, even if it means into the night and sacrificing sleep – and you finally are successful, getting enough food to feed you for the day. By the time you finish eating, morning has come about, and you are now really cold. If you do not find a way to alleviate your coldness, you will suffer more grievous consequences.

Double A

Status: Healthy. Fed. Well Fed (+1 AP). Overheating (penalty to energetic actions).
Inventory: stone spear (2), sling (4), one days’ crab meat

You begin your day crafting a sling out of basic materials around your camp fire. You put together a pretty decent one, collect some rocks, and head out toward the giant crabs to hunt. The crabs seem disinterested in you and go about moving along the beaches – so you get a good window to try and peel one off. Your slinging rocks works, and one comes at you, alone. Hoping to tip it over, you head to higher ground to create an incline plane. You move in with your spear to make an attack, but the crab’s pincers cut your arm. You immediately get the crab tipped over and are victorious with only minor wounds, gutting the crab for food. It is not as big as the other crabs, and so posed less of a risk, and less of a reward. You cook your meal, make a bandage that entirely heals you of your injuries, and sleep the night with food for the next day.

Lord_Herobrine

Status: Minor Injury (2, hog bruises). Well Fed (+1 AP). Rested.
Inventory: stone spear (2), stone tools (5), cured crocodile skin

In the morning you drag your crocodile corpse across the river and toward a small forest of massive trees towering into the sky. You craft a fire to cure the crocodile skin and cook its meat to eat. Wild boars approach your fire and seem aggravated – they charge at you and bruise your leg, but you use your spear to deter them and the confrontation ends as quick as it begins. You climb one of the redwoods to get some sleep, and get a view of the area – there appears to be someone else, another creature like yourself, in the distance. You get sleep and wake up feeling cooler – you are fully inside a colder biome now.

talonschild

Status: Minor Injuries (2, wolf and snake bites, bandaged). Fed. Rested. Cold.
Traits: Forager
Inventory: stone spear (1), linen blanket

Deep into a redwood forest, you work on bandages in the morning. As you do so, a snake lurks around you in the tall grasses, and bites at your ankle – you have to use your spear to get it off of you, but it leaves shortly after this attack. You use your bandages on your multiple bite wounds, and expect that they will heal completely in a couple days. You craft a fire and eat the last of your foraged food, sleeping with your linen blanket for the night. When you wake up, you spot in the distance the figure of a bipedal creature – a being like yourself.

--

Orders due for Wednesday June 17th!

Patch Notes

There are now at least three player pairings in the world and so all new players who wish to join the game will be born into one of these groups. Childrenc an only be born if there is actually a player to take on the child - so since there aren't any waitlisted players, no children will be born into the world for now.

1. Go for fish spearing near the river for food to eat
2. Sleep in cave (vigilantly)

Free action: keep fire going.

Blessings be bestowed upon this great day, where I am no longer alone!

1 AP) First things first. Forage for things to eat and things to heal. I'll do this throughout the whole of the day, even as I try to accomplish other tasks.
2 AP) Ms. Goat seems like a friendly beasty. Try to get her to join our tribe.
3 AP) That cavernous maw that is the cave beacons. I follow it, using the torches provided by Mr. Immac. Explore the depths, and try to get home safe.
4 AP) Whew, what a day. Rest.

As a note: What is mine is Immac's and what is Immac's is mine. We share.

Last edited:

Status: Major Injuries (3, gorilla and crocodile bites, bandaged, major penalty to actions involving legs, fleeing/combat/hunting etc.). Well Fed (+1 AP). Rested. Warm.
Traits: Hunter
Inventory: lizard satchel (3), stone tools (3), bone weaving tools (6)

Actions- things i can do sitting down by the fire while my legs mend:
1) Build a bola from Thomas.Berubeg's snake skin and my stone tools (to build weights) and my weaving tools (to weave strips of snake skin into braided cords). Thomas will be using these to help with the goat and when exploring the cave (also fits into a satchel)
2) Build torches from bundles of thick reeds, branches and grass using as fuel a combination of tree resin and any animal fats or marrow remaining from the snake and lizard meals. Thomas will be using these to help explore the cave.
3) Weave a blanket or hammock or mattress or something to have a more comfortable sleep for Thomas and I. Use my weaving tools.
4) Rest and sleep

Stay near the fire (inside the stone wall thing that Thomas built) and use fiery brands to defend myself if attacked.
Eat a combination of Thomas's snake (cooked) and foraged veggies. Thanks Thomas! (assuming he shares)

As a note: What is mine is Thomas's and what is Thomas's is mine. We share. Give Thomas the satchel, bola, and torches specifically for her tasks for today.

Last edited:
well two panthers around me and i need to build shelter, food and defenses with 2 AP. pretty much dead. thinking about what to do

Angst
2 AP:
Hunt the crab to the north.
Build a shelter there from the bush thing, branches or whatever is available.

Crossing fingers D:

Last edited:
Also, some language work!

Engstoi

vowels
bank - a
storm - o
English - e
broom - u
neat - i

Diphtongs are used freely, but usually in the end of words.

consonants
money - m
bag - b
petty - p
good - g
kill - k
strong - ng
night - n
they - d
tango - t
song - s
shame - z

Clusters of 3+ consonants are relatively uncommon.

Word order - Object - Subject - Verb

Pronouns
Singular
1st person
es
2nd person
et
3rd person
ut
Multiple
1st person
estai
2nd person
etai
3rd person
utai

Articles
Singular
so
Multiple
saz

If used for an object, the pronoun usually has the -ga suffix. Dative has the -gen suffix.

Standard verb starts
Singular & multiple
If verb starts with a vowel, the (bracketed) letter is used

1st person
a(t)-
2nd person
o(t)-
3rd person
vu(l)-

Past tense usually has the following end, with the (bracketed e) being used i:
-(e)ngt

Verbs usually end in -ui.

Is is ed., be is uskui.

Future tense doesn't really exist, rather an "a" means future tense.

Language is ungendered as of now.

Adjectives don't really exist, rather, every noun can become an adjective with the prefix an-, meaning "like".

-

Finally, an attempt at a sentence (beta):

Engstoi es apadui. So anzasen apai ut vuled. Mengst utgen es manui edengt, mengst utgen es motui a ed.

Engstoi I speak. A like-pretty-thing language it is. With it I birth was, with it I die in-the-future will.

(I speak Engstoi. It is a beautiful language. I was born with it, and I will die with it.)

EDIT: I uploaded a file with a pronounciation of the above sentence! I think I did it correctly. It's a bit clumsy ofc.

Attachments

• Engstoi.zip
    280.6 KB · Views: 84
Last edited:
Wake up to a pinch
Wake up to a twinge

Prepare in a snap
Giant enemy crab

I will need to handle this giant crab business. Time to be brave.

Be sure to eat some fish.

Routes will be provided if plans do not go ahead.

1) Attempt to counter hunt these giant crabs to the point of trying to drive them out, making use of my spear to keep a distance.
2a) If not injured gather weeds to make string
2b) If injured gather weed to craft bandages so I can mend myself.
2c) If giant crabs still present try to drive them away.
3a) Sleep
3b) if giant crabs are still present continue to attack.

Top Bottom