1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

NESCraft III

Discussion in 'Imperium OffTopicum' started by J.K. Stockholme, May 25, 2020.

  1. Lord_Herobrine

    Lord_Herobrine Back in the Saddle

    Joined:
    Aug 21, 2012
    Messages:
    1,175
    Location:
    Michigan
    -Attempt to craft an atlatl to give me force and range to an initial attack. 1 AP
    -Craft a hide shield out of the crocodile skin, equip in my off-hand. 1 AP
    -Visit the two-legged creature to the north, trying to forage for rations on my way. 1 AP
    -If the other is willing I'd like to share a spot to sleep around his fire, keeping cautious of the wildlife. 1 AP

    Conditional
    -If crafting the shield fails, I'd like to use my atlatl to spear the hyena making his way close to the tree. Then I'd process it and bring it to the other two-legged creature.
     
  2. J.K. Stockholme

    J.K. Stockholme Right Opposition

    Joined:
    Nov 15, 2011
    Messages:
    1,178
    Location:
    Canada
    @Angst

    Wow awesome stuff, I'm so into it. The language karma point was meant for folks who met each other but I think I'll just open it up to everyone; you'll only get yourself a karma point though.

    @Belgarion95 @Double A @talonschild @Kyzarc Fotjage

    Reminder that orders are due today!
     
  3. Kyzarc Fotjage

    Kyzarc Fotjage Rise Up

    Joined:
    Apr 16, 2009
    Messages:
    1,156
    Gender:
    Male
    Location:
    Western Washington
    Right, right, apologies
    Free action: Wave at the new friend, offer some of my berries. Tend to fire
    1-2 actions (not sure how many this costs): Use Stone Tools to skin the tiger corpse my new friend brought and craft two sets of clothing.
    1 action: Zzzzzz
    1 action (if the clothing crafting only costs 1 action): Explore the cave with my new friend
     
  4. Belgarion95

    Belgarion95 Chieftain

    Joined:
    May 21, 2014
    Messages:
    75
    Apologies, here's the orders:

    1) Greet my new friend, and offer to share the tiger carcass with my friend
    2) Butcher the tiger, cooking and sharing its meat with my new friend. Mix with berries if this is appropriate (i.e. if it is tasty and will therefore increase AP)
    3) Use remaining AP-1 to explore the cave
    4) Put on clothes, sleep.
     
  5. J.K. Stockholme

    J.K. Stockholme Right Opposition

    Joined:
    Nov 15, 2011
    Messages:
    1,178
    Location:
    Canada
    Day Five

    Immaculate


    Status: Major Injuries (2, gorilla and crocodile bites, bandaged, major penalty to actions involving legs, fleeing/combat/hunting etc.). Fed. Rested. Warm.
    Action Points: 3 AP
    Traits: Hunter, Crafty
    Inventory: lizard satchel (3), stone tools (2), bone weaving tools (5)
    Stashed Nearby: rock cave entrance (2), cave fire

    You spend your entire day inside this cave home your new companion has made. You get inventive, using the bones, marrow, grasses and whatever else you can find to create a couple torches, as well as a new weapon, a bola, from your snakeskin and some stones. Your companion brings you some foraged food to eat. As the evening arrives you weave a grass blanket by the fire. Your companion returns from their journey into the caves, and you both sleep the night, having had a safe and peaceful day. After so much crafting today and prior days, you have become Crafty.

    Ailedhoo


    Status: Major Injury (4, crab cuts, penalty to actions involving arms), Minor Injury (3, sun burns, penalty to energetic actions). Fed. Tired (-1 AP). Overheating (penalty to energetic actions, e.g. fighting/fleeing).
    Action Points: 2 AP
    Traits: Waterborne
    Inventory: stone tools (2), linen (3), string/rope (4)
    Stashed Nearby: nothing

    You are on your feet quick as giant crabs surround you. You quickly grab your fish in one hand, with your harpoon in the other. You try to strike one of the giant crabs in the eye, but miss, with the rope wrapping around their pincer. The crab uses its other claw and cuts the rope, ruining your harpoon – you make a dash for your spear and escape the encounter. The crabs continue to roam the island, though they are slower than you, they seem to be ready for another fight. You eat your fish and take some time to craft string. You then try to find your moment to attack – a lot of time goes by as you and the crabs move slowly, waiting. The island is small and barren, there is little geographically that could give you an edge, and so you decide to take the plunge – you try to use your spear to cause one of the crabs to turn upright, but luck is against you, and you are surrounded again. Your arms are struck by pincer strikes which hurt and cause you to bleed, but are not strong enough to break your bones or rip your arms. You are forced to flee again and leave without your spear. Night-time comes upon the island and the battle is not over. You are unarmed now, on an island without rocks, but nevertheless you think that perhaps you can catch one of them off guard. The group stops concerning itself with you and so you go in, running for a large target and getting underneath it such that you can lift it without interference. You are quick enough and finally you succeed – the other crabs are startled and you’ve made your point – you see them sink into the sea. The island is finally yours, but you are bleeding. After fighting snakes and orcas and crabs you feel like you have a handle on combat, and have gained the trait Warrior. You’ve been out in the sun too long and are experiencing an incredibly painful sun burn – and you are still overheating. If you do not get to water or find a way to cool down, you will risk a chance of disabilities or perishing from the heat. Your spear was destroyed by the crabs in the last encounter – but you still have your tools, your linen, and your rope. Fish have returned to the nearby waters but you have no fortune with the sharks – they continue to patrol the coast.

    thomas.berubeg


    Status: Minor Injury (1, crushed arm, bandaged). Well Fed (+1). Rested.
    Action Points: 4 AP
    Traits: Forager
    Inventory: stone/snakeskin bola
    Stashed Nearby: rock cave entrance (2), cave fire
    Mana: 1

    You wake up in the morning with a new companion in your life. You coordinate your activities, expecting torches and an interesting weapon they describe for your own actions today. You start with some foraging, while your companion crafts, and you find it is getting harder to get valuable plants in this river valley. You scrounge up enough to feed your companion, and with the cooked snake, you two both are fed but now out of food. Further foraging in the immediate vicinity is less likely to yield results, but you anticipate that the wetlands to the north-west, and the fungal patches to the north-east are yet untapped. With a new bola in hand (just in case), you try to tame the goat that prances around your rock entrance. Without food to offer, results are limited, but you are able to touch and move it around – you could keep it in your cave for much of the day, and let it graze outdoors to eat. While doing all this, monkeys in the area harass you, making noise – using your bola, you scare them off, but the noise has attracted the attention of predators to your region. You turn your sights to the mysterious caverns deeper into the mountain. With a torch you can now carry fire around with you, and so venture through the caves. As you explore, you have a vision – you see yourself reaching a large open area but lose your footing. You see yourself fall, and catch glimpse of dark spirits laughing at you. You land at the base of a large spacious area, with a beautiful water lake – but your leg is broken and you have no idea how to get back to the entrance. Your vision begins to blur and you see a spirit that looks friendly, and then the vision abruptly ends. You keep exploring, finding the ledge you saw in your vision, and instead turn back through a different direction, finding a way down to the base of this large cavernous room – it is a spring of fresh, cool water. You dip yourself inside and are cooled off within minutes. You feel at peace here – you believe that meditating here might improve your chances of connecting to the spirits. Having spent hours now in the caverns, you trace your way back and get to sleep, telling your companion of what you learned. You have only found one of the caverns’ secrets and suspect further exploration might find more.

    Everblack


    Status: Healthy. Well Fed (+4). Rested.
    Action Points: 4 AP
    Traits: Crafty
    Inventory: stone spear (1), stone hoe (3), stone tools (4)
    Stashed Nearby: cave fire

    You are tired, and so you haven’t the energy or attention to do too much, but you know you need food. You venture out of your cave and work on spearfishing the nearby river – it takes a lot of time, but you catch one fish – enough to feed you for today. All the while, hyenas move closer to you in the distance – they are intrigued by your behaviour, despite your best efforts to lie low and be sneaky. You cook your meal and get some sleep – by next morning you’re full of energy again, but predators are in your neighbourhood, and your spear is near the breaking point.

    Kyzarc Fotjage


    Status: Healthy. Well Fed (+1 AP). Rested. Chilly.
    Action Points: 4 AP
    Traits: Crafty
    Inventory: stone spear (2), stone tools (3), cured tiger clothes (4)
    Stashed Nearby: cave fire

    You meet your first fellow human, who is dragging a huge predator that you assume they killed. You two collaborate, slicing it up for meat and skinning it. You then spend the rest of your day working the skin, still covered in bits of flesh, into simple clothing – you then leave it by the fire to cure, knowing it will be ready by tomorrow morning. While you work alone (your companion in the caverns), you fail to notice the approach of a fox that quickly eats as many of your berries as it can before you scare it off. Your companion returns by nightfall, telling you about interesting metals easily accessible should you make the relevant equipment. When you wake up the next morning your clothes are ready for use, and you expect that this should keep your temperature stable away from a fire in these colder climes.

    Belgarion95


    Status: Healthy. Well Fed (+1 AP). Rested. Cold.
    Action Points: 4 AP
    Traits: Sneaky
    Inventory: spear w/ rope (2), bone tools (3), cured tiger clothes (3), one days' cooked tiger meat
    Stashed Nearby: cave fire

    You drag your tiger over to your new friend and work together to gut it of its skin and meat. You cook the meat and share the meal, with some left over for tomorrow. After all that work in the morning, you decide to venture into the caverns – an environment you’ve never seen before. Almost no light penetrates into the deeper sections, making your exploration slow and dangerous, but you are able to figure out the location of some interesting metals (tin and copper). You carefully return to the main entrance, relaying this info and going to bed. By morning your new clothes are ready, which you expect will keep your temperature stable while away from a fire in colder environments.

    Angst


    Status: Major Injury (4, tiger strikes, penalty to actions involving legs), Minor Injury (3, numbness, penalty to stationary/crafting actions). Fed. Exhausted (-1 AP, penalty to all actions). Frigid (penalty to stationary/crafting actions).
    Action Points: 2 AP
    Traits: Crafty
    Inventory: stone spear (1), crab shells, three days' crab meat
    Stashed Nearby: nothing

    You wake up on the plains, with panthers in multiple directions. You need food, so you venture to beach crabs and try to hunt them again – you get enough for yourself in your first run, but you won’t stop there, you want enough to tame the fox. You keep at it, and while you do so, one of the panthers catches up and you two both freeze. She is ready to pounce, and you are waiting for the right moment to move too. Eventually the stalemate ends and the panther attacks – you parry with your spear, injuring it and causing it to leave you be, but not before a vicious clawing and biting at your legs brings you injury yourself. Despite your wounds and the descending sun, you keep on hunting crabs, finally getting a break – you catch three! You venture toward the fox in the night. It is nearly out of your field of vision, but you catch up with it among a hilly region in the south-east. The dawn breaks on a new day, and you lose your vision for a moment – you experience some sort of supernatural connection with a being that seems to indicate that it did it’s best to ward off predators for you today – but it could only do so much. You are physically exhausted, still bleeding from your wounds, and the cold is causing serious damage – you are losing feeling in your hands and feet. If you do not find a way to warm up, you risk disabilities or perishing. Furthermore, your wounds are serious, and if you are struck against with another major injury, you will not survive.

    Double A


    Status: Healthy. Fed. Well Fed (+1 AP). Overheating (penalty to energetic actions).
    Action Points: 4 AP
    Traits: Warrior
    Inventory: stone spear (2), sling (4), one days’ crab meat
    Stashed Nearby: fire

    You panic. Minutes pass as your mind is empty - it's like a presence from somewhere non-corporeal was there, and then is suddenly not. But the gods intervene. Although you do not know it, a day passes for the rest of the world while you are suspended in your time and place. It is another morning - but to you it is the same morning.

    Lord_Herobrine


    Status: Minor Injury (1, hog bruises). Fed. Rested.
    Action Points: 3 AP
    Traits: Warrior
    Inventory: atlatl (3), crocodile shield (2), stone spear (1), stone tools (4)
    Stashed Nearby: fire

    You start your morning crafting some sticks you find into an atlatl, which you expect to improve your combat capabilities. Shortly after you finish, a couple cheetahs approach you – you can tell you’ll have to fight, and so ready your atlatl – in a single strike, you hit one badly and scare them both off. You think the injury was pretty bad, and so the creature would be much weaker should you be able to find it again – though its mate was not injured in this exchange. You then move onto crafting a shield out of crocodile scales and pieces of wood nearby. You then move north toward the human-like figure, foraging as you go – you find enough food to eat for today. You arrive at their camp, and they appear absolutely still. You try to interact with them but it is as if they have had a spell placed on them. You decide to sleep near their fire which you tend to, and when you wake in the morning, the being suddenly moves and reacts with shock at how you arrived. You're without explanation for what just happened except something beyond the corporeal world.

    talonschild


    Status: Minor Injuries (2, wolf and snake bites, bandaged). Fed. Rested. Cold.
    Action Points: 3 AP
    Traits: Forager
    Inventory: stone spear (1), linen blanket
    Stashed Nearby: fire

    You panic. Minutes pass as your mind is empty - the motive spirit of your being has vanished. But the gods intervene. Although you do not know it, a day passes for the rest of the world while you are suspended in your time and place. It is another morning - but to you it is the same morning. Although... things are not quite the same. The animals seem to have moved around, and - who is this bipedal creature right here? Somehow you know that if whatever that thing that left your mind leaves again, you will not be saved like this twice now.

    --

    Orders due for Wednesday June 24th!

    Role-playing post request

    I'd like to put out an open request to every player to, this turn or any turn in the future, write up a general post about your avatar's thoughts about the world they find themselves in, their experiences so far, what they have learned, what they hope for, etc.
     
  6. Immaculate

    Immaculate unerring

    Joined:
    Jan 22, 2003
    Messages:
    7,549
    @J.K. Stockholme
    1) are we out of torches?
    2) is the gravity of the wound and associated malus reducing? Can I sort of hunt or not really hunt at all?
    3) any chance that sleeping with a blanket indoors by a fire might increase the quality of my rest? Or accelerate the healing process?
    4) great update... lots of fun!
     
    Last edited: Jun 20, 2020
  7. Ailedhoo

    Ailedhoo wonderer

    Joined:
    Mar 19, 2012
    Messages:
    7,785
    On Crabbane Isle I stood
    Against clawed ones I endured
    To face death by the arm beasts
    To bring to them their defeats
    To their ends in the great heat
    Against them all: overwrought!
    On Crabbane Isle I fought!

    As they fled I came to thought
    The battle is now over?
    Well my spear is over
    Broken by animal blades
    Shattered in their bloody raids
    Ruin to I: what they bought

    Bleeding and cooked: I think now
    To my days come a closer?
    Cruel joke of a victory
    Evil: thy name is the Sun
    To my health you have undone

    Allied to the giant crabs
    My live your cruel heat now grabs

    To this I make a great vow
    I will not die now: no sir
    No to valedictory
    I got to make history
    That will be my victory
    This I fully understood
    By Crabbane Isle I stood
     
    J.K. Stockholme likes this.
  8. J.K. Stockholme

    J.K. Stockholme Right Opposition

    Joined:
    Nov 15, 2011
    Messages:
    1,178
    Location:
    Canada
    @Immaculate

    1) yes. I think you'd have enough to make a couple more. You didn't roll well so you made only one last turn, but a better roll might make at a couple
    2) it has not reduced since you applied bandages. this is the last turn you have to deal with the penalty. you can try to do anything you want but there will be a minor penalty to doing it if it involves arms.
    3) a blanket isn't enough no. you and thomas have an enclosed shelter with a fire and now a blanket, adding one additional comfort would push it into a good rest territory - for example a linen mattress in addition to the blanket
    4) thanks!
     
  9. Angst

    Angst Rambling and inconsistent

    Joined:
    Mar 3, 2007
    Messages:
    13,393
    Location:
    A Silver Mt. Zion
    YES I'M ALIVE

    lol that's more than i could hope for... time to build a fire in the cave. maybe a door to keep the f'ing panthers out. i have more than enough crab meat. let's see xD
     
  10. Ailedhoo

    Ailedhoo wonderer

    Joined:
    Mar 19, 2012
    Messages:
    7,785
    Orders

    I am going to have to trial it...

    1) gather weeds to craft bandages so I can use them to cover my critical wounds.
    2) swim north-west to the coast. If I manage to avoid doom at the hands of the shark I will sleep by the two northern trees. It is important I get chance to sleep.
     
  11. Immaculate

    Immaculate unerring

    Joined:
    Jan 22, 2003
    Messages:
    7,549
    Note that i added to the linen blanket to our 'stashed nearby' list.

    Actions:
    1) Once Thomas.Berubeg has completed her ax, we will move to the river and working together build a weir. Using my satchel to carry my tools while remaining armed, I shall primarily contribute by using my weaving and stone tools to weave a loose net of reeds and together we will string these to wooden stakes that Thomas has cut and placed in the river's edge using her ax.
    If we are attacked, by the tiger, bear or anything else, we will work together to defend ourselves, with the bola, ax, and as a backup, the knife from the stone tools.
    2a) (modified in response to the post on Jun 24th from JK Stockholme): if we are attacked and have meat from fending off the attack, return to the cave and use the weaving tools to craft a hammock to contribute to the comfort of our rest.
    2b) (modified in response to the post on Jun 24th from JK Stockholme): if we need food, fish from the river using the weir to help trap fish.
    3) rest snuggled up by our fire behind our stone wall thing with the blanket and if we are lucky wih the weir, the hammock.

    During our time together outside the cave, make a note of where bees are most active. This will be important for tomorrow if all goes well. Also, if we find interesting yellow stones along our journey near the river, pop them in my satchel and bring them back to our cave. Also make a note if we find any clay near the river's edge to potentially use for pottery in the future.
     
    Last edited: Jun 24, 2020
  12. thomas.berubeg

    thomas.berubeg Wandering the World

    Joined:
    Aug 21, 2006
    Messages:
    9,043
    Location:
    Ft. Lauderdale
    It is morning. The sun rises just as it has these past few days.


    You’ve come to suspect that it will be doing so regularly.


    All the better. Light is easier to work with. Still, your stomach aches and clenches violently. Evidently, something you ate was not good for you, but it was that or starve as your crushed arm refused to let you find anything good.


    You relieve yourself behind a bush, momentarily ending the bubbling sensation in your stomach. For a second, you wonder to yourself why you did so behind a bush. It’s not like there’s anyone to see, and even if there were, why should you care? The question passes, as it’s not entirely relevant to the here and now.


    You stand up, and glance back at the cave that has become your home. The fire burns brightly, even with the little effort you took in maintaining it... and then nearly jump out of your skin. There’s a snake coiled up between you and the door. There’s no refuge this time. If it’s dangerous, and you have no reason to believe it’s not dangerous, because what in this hell-world isn’t dangerous, the cave will not save you.


    It’s still. You are sure it’s beady little eyes are staring at you, waiting for you to make the first mistake. Time passes, sweat drips down your face. Your stomach aches again, and with it comes a headache. But still, the snake has not moved. That’s not unique, you’ve seen many smaller snakes sun themselves motionless these past few days... but something is different here.


    You realize that there is not even the little flicker of moments that a snake sunning itself usually has. No tongue tasting the air. No flick of a tail to adjust.


    Carefully, slowly, you edge forward, ready to leap out of the way if it strikes.


    It does not.


    You lean over it, and see blood. You laugh loudly to the world. The stupid snake is dead! This is food, skins, and, most importantly, a victory over the evil spirits of the world. Clearly, one of the less villainous ones has taken a liking to you.


    You offer it a small thanks, and try to remember to offer it something bigger later. If it is helping you, then, it’d be best to keep encouraging it to do so.


    You bring the snake back into the cave, behind the protective barrier that is the fire, and glance back towards the black hole that is the throat. Something about it is both unnerving and appealing, and you start to walk into the depths.


    You turn back.


    It is too dark to do so, and if the caves are as dangerous as what is out there, then you will die, especially with your arm as it is.


    And, really, if you die, you’d rather it be where the sky can take you back, rather than the earth.


    Still, you make a promise to the spirits in the cave that you will be back for them, and offer them a small prayer, in the hopes that they don’t take offense.


    As you get back to the light, you realize that the sun is already setting. You could swear this day went by quickly, but you suppose that you did quite wake late, with the plant spirits reveling in your stomach.


    As the sun sets, you eat a bit more, and lay down inside the cave, near the heat of the fire, adding some sticks to it so that it lasts longer.


    ++++++


    It is morning. The sun rises just as it has these past few days.


    You’ve now know that it will be doing so regularly. Your stomach feels better, the absence of that sharp pain letting the dull ache of your arm come into clear focus. You walk outside. Everything is as it should be.


    The trees are still there.


    The fire is still there.


    The river is still there.


    In the distance, the mountain is still there.


    The dead snake is still there.


    The other person is still there.


    Wait.


    No, that’s wrong. You glare warily at them, but they look to be in as much pain as you are. Maybe even more. They don’t even have the warm cave and fire spirits to help them. Maybe, just maybe, they will help him, too.


    You beckon.
     
    J.K. Stockholme likes this.
  13. thomas.berubeg

    thomas.berubeg Wandering the World

    Joined:
    Aug 21, 2006
    Messages:
    9,043
    Location:
    Ft. Lauderdale
    May the spirits bestow their blessings upon us

    1) Find some nice stones, and a nice stick, and spend the morning knapping a nice ax head, to make a nice balanced ax.
    2) We will take a nice leisurely southwards, towards the bend of the river, where the waters get wider, and move more slowly. Pick up a few of those nice, shiny rocks. Once at the river, I'll use my nice axe to sharpen sticks, handing them over to Immac to make a nice fishing wier.
    3a) Fish at the weir.
    4) rest in one of the fancy new hammocks.
     
    Last edited: Jun 24, 2020
  14. Everblack

    Everblack Blacker then you

    Joined:
    Jul 21, 2012
    Messages:
    400
    Location:
    Chicago
    Keep cave fire going
    1. reinforce spear with stick and rocks
    2.Craft Atlatl
    3. Hunt for fish in the river
    If hyenas attack move to the cave to use as a choke point and stand your ground to fight for your food
    4 Sleep.
    If hyenas dont attack
    4.Sleep
     
  15. Double A

    Double A ♫We got the guillotine♫

    Joined:
    Aug 22, 2009
    Messages:
    14,254
    Location:
    NC
    CFC didn't notify me of the update. Shame on you CFC.

    Walk south then swim across the channel to the SE island. Leave the sling behind but take the spear if feasible (it should float, right?). That should cool me down.
    Get a good look around. It's really hard to plan out what to do when I can't see anything so on that note...
    If there aren't any sharks or other toothy aquatic predators, swim back across then cautiously hike up the mountain to get a better vantage point. Maybe use a piece of bamboo as a really crappy pinehole telescope. It helps a bit, honestly.
    With whatever AP I have left, make sure I'm fed and have sleep. If any AP remains after *that*, idk I guess I'll make crab armor.
     
  16. Kyzarc Fotjage

    Kyzarc Fotjage Rise Up

    Joined:
    Apr 16, 2009
    Messages:
    1,156
    Gender:
    Male
    Location:
    Western Washington
    1 action hunting the deer to the northwest with New Friend.
    I try to move around behind it (northwest of it) and approach from that direction while Belgarion approaches from the southeast all sneaky-like. If it spooks due to me its more likely to go his way, so he can jump out and stab it. If it stands its ground and postures I keep its attention while Belgarion can come up from behind to stab it. If it charges I stab it.​
    1 action weaving some Linen from grass, ideally getting enough for two
    1 action working the deer's hide into our clothing (conditional on successful hunt)
    1 action hunting ducks (conditional on failed hunt)
    1 action sleeping (use Linen as a blanket if completed)
    Free action eating some of the cooked tiger meat (supplement with deer/duck if successful) and tending the fire
     
  17. Immaculate

    Immaculate unerring

    Joined:
    Jan 22, 2003
    Messages:
    7,549
    Bored... Curious... He wonders

    Immaculate is bored. He is staring at the shadows of the cave cast by the fire. Every now and again he grunts as the pain of the wound shoots up his thigh and reminds him why he is stuck in the cave.

    His fingers move deftly, seemingly knowing what they are doing of their own volition. He moves the spun flax between his needles, making a thin blanket that he and Thomas will share later. Perhaps it will alleviate some of the pain of his thigh to rest more comfortably.

    Bored. Waiting for biology to do its thing, to heal his thigh enough that he can go outside and feel the wind and the sun and know that if he has to run he can. Or just to run because he can.

    Bored... Curious... He wonders. Of the nature of things, of the shadows he sees on the wall. He explores casting shadows on the wall, a hand, fingers, maybe a goat or dog? What if this was all he could see? Could know? Would he somehow know what a goat was? A dog? Surely a shadow of a dog would simply be a dog to him... he would not know that a dog's pixels are brown and white, that it casts a shadow of grey pixels around it. So what is a dog or a goat? An idea, two dimensional grey pixels cast by a shadow? If he were a prisoner in the cave, would he know? ... if he didn't know to step beyond the cave? The idea summons another...

    Bored... Curious... He wonders. What if the dog in all its glorious brown and white and grey pixels is just a shadow itself? What if outside the cave he, in some sense, is still in the cave? What if the dog or goat is actually a representation, like the shadow is? What if he and everything around him are some sort of representation also? What if there are truer forms beyond?

    Bored... Curious... He wonders. What if there were truth beyond the pixel?
     
    J.K. Stockholme likes this.
  18. J.K. Stockholme

    J.K. Stockholme Right Opposition

    Joined:
    Nov 15, 2011
    Messages:
    1,178
    Location:
    Canada
    @Ailedhoo
    what's your plan for carrying your stuff across the strait? you have stone tools, linen, and string

    @thomas.berubeg @Immaculate
    I'm going to consider crafting the weir and fishing fish out of the weir separate actions; let me know if that changes your plans, because it will mean you have enough time in the day to do the original plan (weir fishing) but not enough to go for a backup food gathering plan

    also, re: your questions, a) there are no bees in this area whatsoever but there were some where thomas.berubeg was on their first day, b) I should have mentioned this in an update at some point but that grey stuff surrounding the river by your cave is dense clay deposits

    @Double A
    I like your idea about getting a greater line of sight, I'll formalize it into something that takes AP (so you're getting two bonus sight-lines from the mountain and the south-east isle). What do you think crab armour would be like? I ask because you have a spare 1 AP after all that you've described.

    --

    @Lord_Herobrine @talonschild @Belgarion95 @Angst

    Orders are due today!
     
  19. Immaculate

    Immaculate unerring

    Joined:
    Jan 22, 2003
    Messages:
    7,549
  20. Lord_Herobrine

    Lord_Herobrine Back in the Saddle

    Joined:
    Aug 21, 2012
    Messages:
    1,175
    Location:
    Michigan
    Lord_Herobrine

    1) Make a preemptive attack against the bear, it will not harm us without a fight! If talonschild decides to join, I will take the lead as I have the shield. 1 AP
    2) If the attack is a success and we manage to kill the bear, gather its meat and hide and cure them on the fire. 1 AP
    3) Sleep by the fire near talonschild. 1 AP

    IF
    the fight doesn't go well, spend some time to gather supplies for bandages and ointments. 1 AP
     

Share This Page