New Beta - September 17th (9-17)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have a late start to work today, so I had time to 'finish' my Japan game. (Too far ahead to lose, but I don't feel like 3+ more hours to do the technicalities.)

Japan is AWESOME with Goddess of protection. I founded in good time and had a really nice advantage in war.

Additionally I want to say that Autocracy is AMAZING now. It used to be a few OP policies and a bunch of worthless ones, but I actually wanted all of them this time. The tree is so fun now, and doesn't feel like a one-trick pony.

I hope puppets not building walls and such was fixed in the new version. It was extremely annoying having cities one-shot at the start of wars because they're 16 defense in modern era. Even moreso when you have Goddess of Protection and Japan UA and walls give the best yields in the game.

Have a late start to work today, so I had time to 'finish' my Japan game. (Too far ahead to lose, but I don't feel like 3+ more hours to do the technicalities.)

Japan is AWESOME with Goddess of protection. I founded in good time and had a really nice advantage in war.

Additionally I want to say that Autocracy is AMAZING now. It used to be a few OP policies and a bunch of worthless ones, but I actually wanted all of them this time. The tree is so fun now, and doesn't feel like a one-trick pony.

I hope puppets not building walls and such was fixed in the new version. It was extremely annoying having cities one-shot at the start of wars because they're 16 defense in modern era. Even moreso when you have Goddess of Protection and Japan UA and walls give the best yields in the game.
Also Defenders of the Faith fits well. :p

@ElliotS I've been playing as Japan in the 9-27 version and was noticing that newly acquired puppets were immediately building walls (I had Goddess of Protection as well). My guess is the combo of Japan's UA + GoProtection was giving them enough yields for the puppet AI to give them a high priority. However, I have to ask. Did you really find GoProtection easy to found a religion with? Usually by the time I can research walls or barracks (I play on Epic speed) and then actually start building them in my cities 2-3 religions have already been founded and it's a race to grab one of the last open spots. Without finding a Faith ruin I can't imagine founding with GoProtection, even with Japan's UA, especially on higher difficulties where the AI that wants a religion usually gets it very quickly. I figured GoProtection was still worth it for early culture, but then I would have to capture a nearby Holy City to actually have my own religion as Japan. Of course, I can't seem to play a game without at least a few of the religious Civs (India, Celts, Spain, Ethiopia, Maya, Aztec, or Byzantium) in my random list of competing Civs, and on Emperor/Epic Speed they all seem to be really quick about founding (usually before anyone can reach Classical Era). Maybe it's just my bad luck.

Also Defenders of the Faith fits well. :p

I went crusader spirit. I NOT need more defense. :p

@ElliotS I've been playing as Japan in the 9-27 version and was noticing that newly acquired puppets were immediately building walls (I had Goddess of Protection as well). My guess is the combo of Japan's UA + GoProtection was giving them enough yields for the puppet AI to give them a high priority. However, I have to ask. Did you really find GoProtection easy to found a religion with? Usually by the time I can research walls or barracks (I play on Epic speed) and then actually start building them in my cities 2-3 religions have already been founded and it's a race to grab one of the last open spots. Without finding a Faith ruin I can't imagine founding with GoProtection, even with Japan's UA, especially on higher difficulties where the AI that wants a religion usually gets it very quickly. I figured GoProtection was still worth it for early culture, but then I would have to capture a nearby Holy City to actually have my own religion as Japan. Of course, I can't seem to play a game without at least a few of the religious Civs (India, Celts, Spain, Ethiopia, Maya, Aztec, or Byzantium) in my random list of competing Civs, and on Emperor/Epic Speed they all seem to be really quick about founding (usually before anyone can reach Classical Era). Maybe it's just my bad luck.
I played on Epic Deity. I got no faith or productions ruins. (Almost no ruins at all actually.)

I founded turn 132 with 48 faith per turn. I had 6 cities at the time. I think I founded 1 before I got the third policy to speed faith growth. I built the three faith buildings first in each city and tried to settle on forest/rush build each one. I can't really go into more detail because I don't remember. I should do a let's play this weekend or next. Maybe. No promises. Valve time.

Spoiler FWIW :
20170926233851_1.jpg

Tell me folks, why do you keep bumping the older version (9-17) thread? No one plays the 9-27?

Huh, all of that tracks, but in the last game I played 4 out of 6 religions (Huge map) had been founded by turn 100, and I was wedged between America and Maya with room for only 3 cities (inc. Capital) before I had to go to war to get additional cities. Maya even managed to Found before I researched Construction, so at that point I figured it would be easier to just take his capital than trying to found my own religion. Maya took God of the Expanse, so it wasn't so bad to lose GoProtection. *shrugs*

Thanks for sharing, and I'd LOVE to see a detailed LP from you one day.

Looking at that map makes me anxious. I could never play a map smaller than Large.

Eh map size doesn't change much. It basically balances itself out.

More space to expand but war is more difficult. More tiles to occupy but less likely to be worth a damn to settle. More CS but more civs to compete etc...

Eh map size doesn't change much. It basically balances itself out.

More space to expand but war is more difficult. More tiles to occupy but less likely to be worth a damn to settle. More CS but more civs to compete etc...

Which means that an expansive civ that's good at war has more of an edge, tall civs are at a disadvantage, etc.

Not really. Takes more time to get to places, and it's more difficult to hold on to far away conquests.

Tall civs work as normal. You just settle more since there's less of a penalty. You also have more cities to puppet, and more CS is more yields.

Size difference only really impacts religious founding beliefs if anything, but AI can use that too no matter what.

Game speed though is another story.

Not really. Takes more time to get to places, and it's more difficult to hold on to far away conquests.

Tall civs work as normal. You just settle more since there's less of a penalty. You also have more cities to puppet, and more CS is more yields.

Size difference only really impacts religious founding beliefs if anything, but AI can use that too no matter what.

Game speed though is another story.
This is because some love has been put into scaling for map sizes. It did not come as given.

Appologies for the wait...

CBP Version (2017-9-7 *to* 2017-11-6) Modpacks,
so you can play Multiplayer and/or Quickly Load etc.

This is my catch up post for anyone who would want to possibly use the previous patches,

Links:
***9-7*** https://mega.nz/#!ZPxVgYoR!6IO2a2vbYa4aJUuTLGLHrKsHmFg5qDIUSzjJVyeu4os ***9-7***
***9-17*** https://mega.nz/#!RKhGnKpA!8kjXOsnqEpVuDUsZizbMeMRGgTLTUjqdV1JAdpurNHY ***9-17***
***9-27*** https://mega.nz/#!xCpHSbLB!2B9-dSRnHoO40aJ1UgnXzM2EMAWOwIgyIAelp7Kj3f8 ***9-27***
***10-9*** https://mega.nz/#!JaxUkJqA!DV93__f79FCrrvEVWXfUa1-rR67PefAuqmpt4SZ9GLw ***10-9***
***10-17*** https://mega.nz/#!9awFHKxY!LKWQDGMm1ZghDMci_1ciZNp6lyj4nD-KL4SWoTh3t8c ***10-17***
***11-6*** https://mega.nz/#!dXAXgQDJ!oXNV_bnjt5XmEWXM8H2oPTmsSJF3HtMqO5TkrgP-b2c ***11-6***

Let me know if they work good, I provided a Readme for people who are less experienced with this.

P.S: Will most likely be making my posts in both the "New Version" thread posts and the "DLC Modpack and 43-Civ Version Repository"

I'll try and keep on top of creating and uploading Modpacks as the glorious patches come in.
:)

Cheers,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom