1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

New Beta Version - August 16th (8/16)

Discussion in 'Community Patch Project' started by Gazebo, Aug 16, 2020.

1. 2506

2506 Chieftain

I know recursive says this is an error, but I think he's wrong about this. My recollection is it's always been that way.

2. AndreyK

AndreyK Warlord

8930_20200826230904_1.png

Attached Files:

3. AndreyK

AndreyK Warlord

I get all resources from CS, but from AI I get resources which I got before hotfix, I think, those that I try to get after, I don't get. See brazilwood - I get it and Brazil has 4 more, but I don't see them as imported

4. tu_79

tu_79 Deity

I think some extra feedback is required.

What things affect ai willingness to go to war?
    Difficulty? Players actions? Relative army sizes?
    Then I would say that people need to state what their settings and actions were.
    In my games I'm playing very peacefully in King difficulty and I think I am outperforming every ai in sight. No war declarations in the whole early game for me or my neighbours.
    If any neighbour had produced an army it could have taken one or two cities of mine, they were so unprotected. I couldn't say if they were playing correctly or being too shy. I wouldn't mind if they were a little more bold in the early game.

5. DukeBrani

DukeBrani Chieftain

@AndreyK It sounds like a bug to me. Have you considered reporting it on GitHub? Here's the link

https://github.com/LoneGazebo/Community-Patch-DLL/issues

If you are going to report it, it would be great if you could provide a save before and after a trade, a maybe a screenshot that illustrates the problem. That may help developers pinpoint the problem more quickly.

vyyt likes this.
  6. Stalker0

Stalker0 Baller Magnus

Correct. So far for me playing in Medieval in my first three games, the AI has been "normal" in terms of its aggressiveness. I am seeing what I normally see, the AI doesn't declare war early on (even when I have a skeleton army), but by Medieval I will sometimes get war declarations.

My notes were that economically (culture, science, ability to get wonders, religious founding, etc) the Immortal AI is feeling weaker than the Emperor AI before changes. However, the tactical AI is stronger which may ultimately balance it out.

Zuizgond, vyyt and JamesNinelives like this.
  7. DaniSciB

DaniSciB Chieftain

Speaking about boldness... Rome was particularly cautious when going to declare war against the Celts. Even though Caesar had Legions he asked me for help... I accepted of course.

In fact, Rome conquered 2 cities thanks to me. Since I defeated the 90% of the Celtic Army.

Before that, Rome could have conquered Russia easily. But he asked me for going to war against her, I said no... And he never attacked Russia.

By the way, does the AI consider the Economy and Stability of your Empire?

8. JamesNinelives

JamesNinelives Emperor

Yeah. Interestingly I hadn't noticed it until just now, when I started playing on the hotfix. Looks like something that's worth making a Github post about.
    I had assumed this was just a result of small sample size, but I've kept an eye on it and I've noticed the same pattern. No idea what might be causing it, but I do suspect it is a bug.

9. Gazebo

Gazebo Lord of the Community Patch Supporter

I will note that I fixed an overflow bug for productionAI that was causing an intense interest in settlers to actually become negative - early expansion should be a bit more reliable now.

10. Recursive

Recursive Emperor

Ah. My bad, then. Should be better in the latest hotfix if you aren't currently using it, by the way.

Coop wars are a different mechanic than the regular war calculation. I don't consider this bad play.

Yes, they do consider these.

JamesNinelives likes this.
  11. Stalker0

Stalker0 Baller Magnus

Nice, I new the handicap change couldn't be causing that much slowdown in expansion:)

12. Stalker0

Stalker0 Baller Magnus

I am noticing the border expansion change, its an improvement, but I think we push it up one more time. I think that will finish the job and get it in a good place.

13. SuperNoobCamper

SuperNoobCamper Prince

Posted this in the wrong thread lol
    Played till late medieval era on a new game on the new hot fix as Persia on Emperor Epic Small communitas Terra start 6 civs 12 CS with ruins and Events (got a plague in two cities in the early game as well:crazyeye::crazyeye:)
    • The tactical AI seems really really good, i was very confident in my ability to tackle Emperor but my immediate neighbor, Tradition Celts with Bran pantheon had another opinion, i had to play defensively for two wars and i actually lost like half of my immortals .... they manage to create a wall of melee then fire with composites from behind and their Skirmishers *4th UC replacement* were really good at hitting and running though they sometimes dip really deep into my formation and die the very next turn so this might need a look but otherwise an astounding work on the AI.
    • I know this might be an outlier but Celtic tradition capital with 25:c5rangedstrength: in the Ancient era with just walls is just too much and 43:c5rangedstrength: in medieval with castle is an overkill IMO.
    • This maybe not a sufficient sample size because you know it's just one game but the AI expansion feels better at least this game.
    • Ancestor worship is really really bad atm, even India failed to found with it while Alexander without faith CS or faith monopoly managed to do it.
    • something does not seem right about the religious pressure in this game (Notice the pressure from Mayan religion in cites so far from any city with their religion yet it's higher than my own religion with fealty, Orders, Cathedrals) without any active trade routes, Orthodoxy or Inquisition enhancers and this pressure persisted even after i flipped the Mayan cities majority religion with a great prophet.
      Spoiler Nice pressure, Mayans. :
      CivilizationV_DX11 2020-08-26 20-59-17-066.jpg CivilizationV_DX11 2020-08-26 20-59-37-157.jpg
      Edit:this was before building temples.
    • From another game as the Maya: Apparently razing cities is not a thing now
      Spoiler There is no razing button, i reloaded an earlier save before capturing and i never got an option to raze .... Not a capital obviously. :
      CivilizationV_DX11 2020-08-27 02-06-43-018.jpg

JamesNinelives and SwirlSlayer like this.
  14. a3kov

a3kov Warlord

The AI seem to not use inquisitors to clean his cities of rival religions often. That leads to my religion taking over all their cities with passive pressure. They spend all faith on missionaries and prophets instead.

JamesNinelives and Amask like this.
  15. zeofig

zeofig Chieftain

Enjoying the new version a lot, great work. One thing I noticed is that the AI pesters you a bit too often about "deals" for 1 horse or iron. Sorry if it's been mentioned before.

16. Jiggly

Jiggly Warlord

So i captured a city as Zulu and I got rewarded with EXP for my military units from a city state, except the city state said 26 exp was the reward but it seems I got 39 based on the number hovering over units. Any idea if theres some mechanism that increased the exp? Could the Zulu's 25% reduced promotion cost cause this?

vyyt and JamesNinelives like this.
  17. a3kov

a3kov Warlord

Tried to bribe a friendly AI into a war. Still "impossible" with any target (latest hotfix version). I thought this has been fixed already ?

Last edited: Aug 27, 2020
  18. JamesNinelives

JamesNinelives Emperor

I'm finding it very noticeable, especially early-game. I honestly think it's perfect right now, I'm reluctant for it to increase again. Mostly because of how it interacts with other things, like Angkor Wat, God of the Expanse, and Russia's UA. If natural border growth is high enough to get everything you need, I don't want things that increase it to feel irrelevant.
    I've only played one game on the latest hotfix myself, but so far I agree :).

19. Revolutionist_8

Revolutionist_8 Prince

Are you playing on Epic speed?
    Yup, exactly! I agree! :)

20. a3kov

a3kov Warlord

Playing the 8-23-3 hotfix, wrt wars the situation is not much better than the 8-23 version. There are too many wars, friendly AI DoW me from time to time without a valid reason. They should value peace if they can't attack me. Also CV seems impossible in this version as your diplomats get kicked and trade units plundered because of random DoWs. Can't establish franchises either.
    I think the balance is broken in this version in favor of warmongering - it seems there is only one way to have long lasting peace - to vassalise everybody.

JamesNinelives and danymatrix like this.