1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

New Beta Version - August 6th (8/6)

Discussion in 'Community Patch Project' started by Gazebo, Aug 6, 2018.

1. Gazebo

Gazebo Lord of the Community Patch Supporter

There is an automate button on those bad little dudes, though. And it works pretty well.

G

2. Enrico Swagolo

Enrico Swagolo Deity

Charge promotion is really overnerfed. In it's current shape, it has no point. It is as strong as Shock or Drill, and that means picking Shock or Drill is the better choice every time.

ElliotS, Gokudo01 and vyyt like this.
  3. Owlbebach

Owlbebach Emperor

I like it the new way. It is more situational and more starategic. During all previous years it was always better to found. Take a look at my OCC game that i'm playing. Was it worth founding? Sure as hell it was!
    Unfortunately not. They rot in your neighbours land.

4. CrabHelmet

CrabHelmet King

The automated button is pretty poor at managing religious attrition. No offence or anything, I've never known a single strategy game to handle AI and attrition together, it's clearly an incredibly difficult task.

Aezuros likes this.
  5. Kim Dong Un

Kim Dong Un The One & Unly Supporter

Maybe not reduce, but at least go back to what we had before.

I agree with this for sure.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2018
    BiteInTheMark likes this.
  6. Gothic_Empire

Gothic_Empire AKA, Ramen Empire

If one or two turns of attrition is enough to kill your religious game, you're not producing enough missionaries to effectively spread your religion anyway.

Trading for open borders is less micro-management than running 20 units, too.

7. Enginseer

Enginseer Salientia of the Community Patch Supporter

I like the new religion addition though, it adds extra tension to the game. But then again I playtest with 22 civs every game which makes each religion vying for control the greater prominence.

Although I would prefer a civ 4 modification of an increased max amount of religion to be allowed under researching a specific technology first (Allowing a modern or a renaissance entry of a new religion that starts with some extra missionaries and such). I would make it a modmod, but that's beyond my limits.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2018
    HalfEmptyMug likes this.
  8. CrazyG

CrazyG Deity

I think the extra religion is a fine addition if the game has 10+ civs.

Smaller than that, its kind of awkward in my experience. I definitely don't try to spread very often because of it.

9. Legen

Legen King

I like the extra religion, it reduces the likelihood of a continent having someone snowballing for founding the only religion there. The extra tension due to the presence of another religious leader is also neat to see.

Aezuros, bigcat88 and Grabbl like this.
  10. theMisterRud

theMisterRud Chieftain

Question: how do you deal with religion pressure when you hold a religion as a Tall player and you are surrounded by 2 religions held by wide players, producing cray amount of pressure ?

11. CrabHelmet

CrabHelmet King

Could this be a difference relating to map size? I usually play Small because of turn lengths - 4 Religions between 6 Civs does not feel right. But at larger sizes, maybe it is different?

12. ofmiciv5

ofmiciv5 Warlord

can you make it optional to view/hide those stuffs at the top like science, gold, faith, resources etc because im one of those who run at only 1366x768 reso and it crowded up when i reached on later stages on the game when all resources are enabled. thanks.

is there an earth map wherein you can play all 43 civs with TSL? i tried editing some maps and i still end up at 22 cap. it was fun playing with 43 civs but playing indonesia on russia tsl is funny.

13. Owlbebach

Owlbebach Emperor

My personal experience is that the best setup is Standard map with low sea level and 10 civs. 5 religions are just a fine number in that case. Thing is that low level changes proportion of water/land so that there is more land, but map size is the same so it does not affect turn time very much.

I really think that for maps that are Small size and larger the optimal number of religions should be NUMBER_OF_CIVS/2, and for Huge map it should be 1+(NUMBER_OF_CIVS/2). I had lots of experience with maps from Huge to Standard with many different setups (different combinations with more and less religions and/or civs than default)

You don't. You just spend all your faith on Inquisitors.

Skidizzle likes this.
  14. ofmiciv5

ofmiciv5 Warlord

lately i've been playing on huge maps, not bad though, same with standard. i have no problems regarding religion no matter what civ im playing.i rarely spend on inquisitors. i always build shrine next to monument and after founding a religion, i spam missionaries to convert nearby civ/cs asap, only then when i get a strong foothold on pressure will i go on to enhance it. will only take fealty if there are civs nearby who might flip mine. my go to beliefs will always be church and cathedral/mosque. and that double pressure on trade or increase pressure 25-50 (was it?)%.

15. Owlbebach

Owlbebach Emperor

Maybe the difficulty is different? You are guaranteed to have problems with spreading on Immortal+. I'm pretty sure that Churches are just bad and Scripture/Ritual are not an optimal belief in many cases. Spamming Missionaries is also not the best choice in many situations. Sometimes you want to Enhance faster to get the belief that you really want (like Sainthood, that might be a key for your strategy)

Bromar1 likes this.
  16. ofmiciv5

ofmiciv5 Warlord

may i know your setup when playing? ill try playing with that settings tonight (map size, map name, time, difficulty, #of civ/cs)

17. Owlbebach

Owlbebach Emperor

Standard, Pangea, low sea level, strategic balance, 10 civs, Deity

18. ofmiciv5

ofmiciv5 Warlord

aw diety. haha too hot to handle.

19. Enrico Swagolo

Enrico Swagolo Deity

Parthian Tactics is seriously OP I'd say, my Skirmisher blob which got there fast with several city conquest quests is now a band of blue rodents foiling plans of bespectacled scientists and those skirmishers really cannot be caught in most cases. I'm like Mongolia. I suggest it going back to 1 mov and getting a filler bonus, like +10% CS on defense or offense. That, or other units +1 mov promotions should also be increased to +2 so there's some equality.

CrazyG, vyyt and LukaSlovenia29 like this.
  20. DoctorDuke

DoctorDuke Chieftain

Me too, 2 different games, level 4 Monty, level 6 Alex