New Beta Version - October 10th (10/10)

Status
Not open for further replies.
This gives Rome a proper niche and truly makes it an unique Civ, something that VP already does well for several others (rip Japan's sakoku UA). A Civ being able to "break a rule" is the best way to make it interesting and fun, and being able to capture anything is a top tier fun ability, like pillaging neutral trade routers or buying owned tiles. 10/10 change, we need more bold and brash ideas like this.

To be honest I'm fine with how it is, but I didn't think "steal EVERYTHING" meant everything, as in wonders too. It might be fine but if it isn't, it would definitely be without stealing NWs which nobody mentioned in the Rome thread. Gotta play it, it's going to be fun.

I’m just concerned about the modmods at this point.

However, it wasn’t clear to me prior to the change that every building necessarily meant national wonders and guilds. If I had known that then I would have been against the change from the start. People were only concerned with the ramifications of keeping defensive buildings; we never even broached the issue of having multiple national wonders.

What part of ‘all’ didn’t make sense?

G

It simply wasn't discussed. At any rate I've spoken my piece. I never really cared about the change one way or the other; this is chicorbeef's hill to die on. I just want my mods to work.

If the alternative is making every gameplay mod incompatible, I would happily sacrifice 1 cosmetic mod

It is not a question of sacrificing one cosmetic mod; it is making the whole cosmetic mod list questionable, when players ought to feel safe about adding cosmetic mods to their game without breaking it.

I had no idea that all meant Rome captures national wonders, but now I feel ashamed by it. All means all indeed. :D. Still people talk how OP is this, but in the same time I can see ways that this will royally screw you, for example capturing National Epic(i think this was the one which gives you morale to the units) Ironworks or Grand temple before building your own.

Actually can you sell national wonders?(I am sure you can not sell corp headquarters). I guess you can't, otherwise people would sell oxford non stop.

G
We generally assumed that 'all' would be 'all compatible'. If you said "Rome captures all buildings full stop." I also wouldn't assume that capturing a city in classical era has all the buildings availible to build like research labs, airports and spaceship factories.

I'm just saying that it might be obvious to you who knows how the code works, but to everyone that didn't know it was pretty blind-siding.

That said we'll see if it actually poses a problem. There's a decent window of power that's acceptable and if Rome lands within it despite the extra national wonders there's no problem.

The only big thing right now is if it hurts modmods that use dummy buildings.

Other than that the patch looks great!

Did you do anything to compensate for AI growth bonuses? (Not sure if new formula is a steeper curve or higher bonuses.) We can play around with formulas and figure it out.

Lastly: Did reducing faith to 0 when you take over a new religion not make it in?

I cannot wait to capture Tradition Capitals :D Artistry Rome OP ?

Edit: I also thought about 'compatible' buildings, so Rome can have more that 3 Guilds per type ?

I cannot wait to capture Tradition Capitals :D Artistry Rome OP ?
I forgot about that one... Many of Tradition's bonuses are tied to the free building in the capital, rather than the policy itself.

For instance, the +2:c5culture: to Monuments and Baths is tied the building, and not the policy

On an unrelated note. I've noticed that if I try to attack a unit without already being at war with them, it doesn't bring up the declare war prompt. I have to open up the diplomacy menu, declare war on them, then i can attack. Is anyone else getting that?

On an unrelated note. I've noticed that if I try to attack a unit without already being at war with them, it doesn't bring up the declare war prompt. I have to open up the diplomacy menu, declare war on them, then i can attack. Is anyone else getting that?

It was doing that last version too. Same with trying to move into a tile in their territory to declare.

This is intentional, it was causing CTDs due to looping from captured units on tiles. This is an unavoidable side-effect of the civilian stacking fix of CP.

G

This is intentional, it was causing CTDs due to looping from captured units on tiles. This is an unavoidable side-effect of the civilian stacking fix of CP.

G
When this happens Gazebo, it should add a notification that they need to declare war to help newbies.

In any case, my only solution I can offer to the Rome's situation is that Rome can capture all UBs (even if it has a nevercapture as long as the unique building is a unique building of the civ). He can keep his old UA of having any building captureprob 100%, and the national wonder is okay but I won't stand for the "grab all building" clause even if it's not an all building.

This means you can't capture Venetian's Arsenale, Glassworks, and the other one, but you can capture its national monument which I believe allows you to build the Arsenale, Glassworks and the other one from it anyway.

This is a compromise since code-wise it would not interfere with dummy buildings being able to be captured, while still retaining the element of Rome's being able to capture unique elements of a civ.

And I do say this is a compromise because IsDummy sometime can fail to work (external civs load before the sql command to make the building IsDummy and such)

Punched out a quick and dirty function for checking. I really, really don't want to play ping pong with filters on this (it gets complicated very quickly), but this should do the trick.

Rome can now get: all UBs, regardless of national wonder status, and all non-national-wonder buildings.
Everyone else: the same as before

Code:
bool CvPlayer::IsValidBuildingForPlayer(CvCity* pCity, BuildingTypes eBuilding, bool bGift, bool bRecapture)
{
    CvBuildingEntry* pkLoopBuildingInfo = GC.getBuildingInfo(eBuilding);
    if (!pkLoopBuildingInfo)
        return false;

if (pkLoopBuildingInfo->IsDummy())
        return false;

const CvBuildingClassInfo& pkClassInfo = pkLoopBuildingInfo->GetBuildingClassInfo();

bool bIsNationalWonder = ::isNationalWonderClass(pkClassInfo);
    bool bCivUnique = pkClassInfo.getDefaultBuildingIndex() != eBuilding;
    bool bProductionMaxed = isProductionMaxedBuildingClass((BuildingClassTypes)pkLoopBuildingInfo->GetBuildingClassType(), true);

if (GetPlayerTraits()->IsKeepConqueredBuildings())
    {
        if (bProductionMaxed || (bIsNationalWonder && !bCivUnique))
            return false;
    }
    else
    {
        if (pkLoopBuildingInfo->IsNeverCapture() || bProductionMaxed || bIsNationalWonder)
            return false;

if (bGift || bRecapture)
            return true;

int iConquestChance = GC.getGame().getSmallFakeRandNum(34, *pCity->plot()) + GC.getGame().getSmallFakeRandNum(34, pkLoopBuildingInfo->GetID()) + GC.getGame().getSmallFakeRandNum(32, GC.getGame().GetCultureAverage());

return iConquestChance <= pkLoopBuildingInfo->GetConquestProbability();
    }

return true;
}

Modders: if you see a small change you want added, let me know. Otherwise I'll hotfix this in this afternoon.

G

Last edited:
I suspect it will create weird stuff with the Japan guilds in the 3/4UC mod, as in this way Rome can have more than 3 guilds per type (is it correct ?)

EDIT: adding isProductionMaxed should work ? Maybe ?

EDIT2: already there, silly me

if (bProductionMaxed || (bIsNationalWonder && !bCivUnique))
return false;
If [max number built or (national wonder and not a civ ub)] then
don't make it capturable....

I don't know if I can agree with this since there are some buildings that can fail the IsDummy test and then gets captured(due to incorrect mod loading order and such).

I know there are some civ mods I have in mind to make compatible that use dummy buildings as a UI building(which makes it not dummy at all, but serves a UI purpose). Of course, we can just make the compatible civ balancer do more work, but I guess that's the compromise we have to make.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom