Req Resources: Chemicals
Req City Size: 13
Cost: 4550
Req Power: Yes
Obsolete Tech: -

• -100 :gold:
  • -200 Water Pollution
  • +100 Air Pollution

Note removes water pollution from the ground and turns it into air pollution.

---

Megatower
Button/Icon: ?
Req Tech: Metamaterials
Req Buildings: Skyscraper AND Shopping District
Req Resources: Metamaterials
Cost: 52000

• -1000 :gold:
  • +6 :food:
  • +10 :hammers:
  • -5 Air Pollution

---

Megatower (Skybridge Station Level)
Req Buildings: Megatower
Cost: 5200

• -5 :gold:
  • +10% Trade Route Yield
  • -5 Air Pollution

Provides a bridge between Megatowers. Helps reduce traffic.

---

Thanks! :goodjob:

I don't really get the Ground Scrubber Building. Why would I ever build this one?

The Megatower probably should reduce Traffic as well since people don't have to drive around as much to get what they need.

And the Name for the Skybridge is to long I think. What about simply call it Skybridge?

I will wait until I make them since I prefer to make more buildings (like 10) at once.

@Faustmouse

Megatower (Mall Level)
Req Buildings: Megatower AND (Mall OR Hypermarket)

• +8 :gold:
  • +8 :culture:
  • -5 Air Pollution

---

Megatower (Office Level)
Req Buildings: Megatower AND Modern Office

• +6 :gold:
  • -5 Air Pollution

---

Megatower (Police Station Level)
Req Buildings: Megatower AND Police Station

• -30 :gold:
  • +6 :espionage:
  • +25% vs Espionage
  • Helps Thwart Rival Spies
  • Can Turn 1 Citizen into a Spy
  • -25 Crime
  • -5 Air Pollution

---

Megatower (Fire Station Level)
Req Buildings: Megatower AND Fire Station

• +2:)
  • +2 :health:
  • -25 Flammability
  • -5 Air Pollution

---

Oh I like where this is going! :goodjob:
Could you do me a favour and don't stick as strict to the building cost chart please? For example, the Living Level in Megatowers and Office Level would be much bigger than a Police Station.

Also I think these Mega Tower Buildings could replace some Buildings like Offices or Malls and probably some "Housings" as well.
I picture a more or less empty city with only a feew Megatowers in it, but I guess you have a different picture and see them as add on in a city, right?

I don't really get the Ground Scrubber Building. Why would I ever build this one?

The Megatower probably should reduce Traffic as well since people don't have to drive around as much to get what they need.

And the Name for the Skybridge is to long I think. What about simply call it Skybridge?

I will wait until I make them since I prefer to make more buildings (like 10) at once.

1. If you had good air cleaning buildings but not enough water cleaning buildings. It might be useful.

2. Hmm good idea on the traffic.

3. The names are long because its part of the Megatower set of buildings.

I woudn't build ground scrubbers. How about -200 water pollution and +100 air pollution

Ok.

Oh I like where this is going! :goodjob:
Could you do me a favour and don't stick as strict to the building cost chart please? For example, the Living Level in Megatowers and Office Level would be much bigger than a Police Station.

Also I think these Mega Tower Buildings could replace some Buildings like Offices or Malls and probably some "Housings" as well.
I picture a more or less empty city with only a feew Megatowers in it, but I guess you have a different picture and see them as add on in a city, right?

1. Do you have ideas for the cost diffrence?

2. Should housing be auto-build like the other houses or sould you have to build them for the megatowers.

3. Since many buildings depend on the base building I made it so theses are add-on rather than replacing similar buildings.

4. Yes, think of it like Tokyo where there already are megatowers, but also skyscrapers and smaller businesses. Note on the building scale this would be between a Skyscraper and an Arcology. So technologically speaking this covers basically the newest towers we are building today.

@Faustmouse

Megatower (Park Level)
Req Buildings: Megatower AND City Park

• -10 :gold:
  • +1 :)
  • +3 :health:
  • +3 :culture:
  • Can Turn 1 Citizen into an Artist
  • -10 Air Pollution

---

Megatower (Education Level)
Req Buildings: Megatower AND Elementary School

• -10 :gold:
  • +5 :science:
  • +2 :culture:
  • +5 Education
  • -5 Air Pollution

---

Megatower (Biodome Park Crown)
Req Buildings: Megatower AND Ecoscraper

• +5 :gold:
  • +5 :science:
  • +5 :culture:
  • -10 Air Pollution
  • -10 Water Pollution

---

@Faustmouse

Megatower (Solar Power Crown)
Req Buildings: Megatower AND Artifical Tree Farm
Req Power: No

• -1 :gold:
  • +5 :hammers:
  • Provides Power

---

Megatower (Air Scrubber Crown)
Req Buildings: Megatower AND Solar Photovoltaic Roofs

• -5 :gold:
  • -100 Air Pollution

---

Megatower (Hologram Advertising Crown)
Req Tech: Metamaterials AND Holographics
Req Buildings: Megatower AND Holographic Networks
Req Resources: Metamaterials AND Hologrpahic Projector
Cost: 7300

• +10 :gold:
  • +10 :culture:

---

1. I think Population 25 (or even higher!) would be a more appropiated requirement for the Megatowers since they are EXTREMELY big.

2. Do you want the different Crown Buildings to be inconstructable if one of these is build? (The "Can't be build in the same city as..." thing) or are they able to go hand in hand since you wouldn't have just 1 Megatower?

3. Have you thought about the building costs? I know you want to stick on your cost-table, but sometimes it doesn't make much sense...

4. More ideas for "levels" of the Megatowers would be a Medical Level (-Disease; + :health:), a Research Level (+:science:), a Stock Market Level (+:gold:, maybe +:traderoute:), a Museum Level (+:culture:, +:), maybe +Education) an "Opera/Theater/Concert/Philamonica/etc" Level for different freetime things (+:culture:, +:)), a Sport Level (+:health: - Disease, +:)), a Garbage Level (to remove/recycle the garbage), if time is appropiated: a virtual Reality Level where people can go for vacations)

Edit:

5. Two other ideas to get the Osmotic Power Plant work:
a) We could have it require only coast (bWater) and give it +2 per each River tile (because the efficiency of the powerplant is proportional to the amount of Freshwater)
b) There is a tag that makes the building require Freshwater. What if we set bWater and also make it require freshwater? It doesn't really matter if the freshwater comes from a river, Ice or a Lake. The downside is: Town Wells (that would be obsolete by then and replaced by better "Wells" also produce freshwater. And for sure it makes a difference if you have just a litte freshwater (Town Well) or a lot (3 Major rivers). But then again: A Town Well can support a city with 50.000.000 Inhabitants with water in C2C... Opionions?

6. While making the Shopping Drone Control Center I realized that they both (and also the Farm/Mining Bot COntrol Centers) require "Control Center". This building is only active if you run the Civic Military Robotics. This seems very weird! I recommend to remove the Control Center requirement from those buildings and rename the Control Center to Miliary Robotics Control Center. Or, if you think a general Control Center is necessary (which I don't think), we should still rename the original to Military Robotics Control Center and make a new Control Center building that doesn't require the Civic and don't give Military advantages. It could be an all negative Building that has nothing except -100 :gold:

I support the high Population requirement, at this stage of the game you have already cities in the range of 90 to 100 pop, so a min level of 60 to 70 pop would be fine.

7. Wind Power is also very efficient at the top of a megatower!
8. You could have plants on the whole fasade of the Megatower
9. Increase the costs for megatower to a 10fold and give it -1000 :gold: maintenance.
10. Basically every Level of it will reduce Air Pollution since they all reduce traffic.

7. Wind Power is also very efficient at the top of a megatower!
8. You could have plants on the whole fasade of the Megatower
9. Increase the costs for megatower to a 10fold and give it -1000 :gold: maintenance.
10. Basically every Level of it will reduce Air Pollution since they all reduce traffic.

7.I will add that in my next set.
8. Isn't that the ecoscraper. Are you suggesting a "Ecomegatower"? Sound kinda cool.
9. Ok.
10. Good idea, I will tweak them.

@Faustmouse

Ecomegatower
Req Buildings: Megatower AND Ecoscraper

• -25 Air Pollution
  • -25 Water Pollution

---

Megatower (Wind Power Crown)
Req Buildings: Megatower AND Wind Farm
Req Power: No

• -1 :gold:
  • +5 :hammers:
  • Provides Power

---

Megatower (Theme Park Crown)
Req Buildings: Megatower AND Amusement Park

• +2 :)
  • +5 :gold:
  • +5 :culture:
  • -5 Air Pollution

---

Hydro:

What about my 1-6 I posted above?
And I think -1000 :gold: for the megatower is way to much. Maybe -100 or -50. And I am not sure about the - Air Pollution from Police and Fire Station Level since I think there is not that big traffic reduction.

And I think -1000 :gold: for the megatower is way to much. Maybe -100 or -50. And I am not sure about the - Air Pollution from Police and Fire Station Level since I think there is not that big traffic reduction.

Ok. Reduce the cost to what you think is reasonable. And remove the air pollution benefits from those then.

Hydro:

What about my 1-6 I posted above?

I must have missed them. Here ya go ...

1. Yeah size 25 sounds way better since by that point space it a premium.

2. No because we have to assume that a city can build more than one megatower.

3. Everything is by coast table. I think we are good having the levels and crowns all costing the same and having the base tower more expensive.

4. Good ideas! :goodjob: I also have more I want to post too.

5a. Eh. I don't like that idea very much.

5b. I like this idea much better! Go for it! :goodjob:

6a. Yeah I realize this. I just have not gotten around to fixing the Control center not to require the civic.

6b. I will have to think about a civic specific control center. But for now I think it can do fine without the civic requirement.

I can't find an icon for Holo Advertising Roof and also for Ground Scrubbers (since I can't figure out what it actually is).
Rest is done.

Here is a screenshot from the game for the holo ad roof.

And here is a screenshot of the ground scrubber from the game.

1. Thanks for the screen shots! Is it from the youtube let's play you posted above? Maybe I should watch it then and make screenshots for all Icons since I am not very happy with some of them...

2. I made the buildings and gave the Megatower -100 :gold: and costs 25000 - thats ~5times as much you suggested and I think this will be sufficient.

3. Also, I skipped the "OR Mall" from the Megatower (Mall Level) since the Megatower itself requires the Mall.

4. All Megatower Buildings require Pop 50 by now. They are REALLY big and only the biggest cities need them (and I think Pop 50 isn't that much in the TH era).

5. Basically all Megatower buildings should also require Furniture and Computers. That's true for most buildings anyway and I am not sure if adding these requirements will add anything to gameplay. At least not before Volumetric Resources are implented. Your Opinion?

6. I will change the Osmotic Power Plant tomorrow.

Looking forward for more buildings :goodjob:

1. The screenshots were from the SimCity wiki.

2. Ok.

3. Please leave the OR mall since the Hypermarket comes later and needs to have an OR something.

4. Ok sounds good. I will need to adjust my arcology accordingly. What size should they require?

5. They should also indirectly require furniture from the Skyscraper requirement of the Megatower.

6. Ok.

@Faustmouse

Megatower (Medical Level)
Req Buildings: Megatower AND Hospital
Req City Size: 25