New call for Rhye's and Fall of Civilization

Why do you keep asking for Catalonia as a separate civ? It was just another kingdom like Aragon and Castille that became part of Spain. I am 100% sure it won't included in the mod as a separate civ. Plus that would make the Iberian peninsula WAY more crowded than it already is. You can mod it in yourself if you'd like.

Anyways I do think that Poland-Lithuania should be added if Rhye can overcome the 22 civ cap limit. If Sweden is in the game, then Poland-Lithuania should definitely be in it since both nations were world powers in the 1700s.

I would like to mention that the pacific region has always felt empty - either the europeans colonize it or they don't - usually the latter in my games.

Also, Siam winds up collapsing because of settling indonesia - a few city states would be nice.

If Rhye could change the totally unrealistic way city states work that would be great! Except from the fact that he is trying to save Civ 5 is also great! :)

If Rhye could change the totally unrealistic way city states work that would be great! Except from the fact that he is trying to save Civ 5 is also great! :)

Could you elaborate a bit on why they are unrealistic and what changes you see? I do think City States are already remodelled to being Minor Nations. Like the Canada example being created by a weak America or England. Not sure, what the main differences would be besides having more cities, but it seems clear that a 1-to-1 copy of the CS mechanics don't seem to be the optimal way of going forward there. Nevertheless, you need to be a bit more clear I think ;)

And I do agree, South East Asia (and India?) might profit from a few City States.

Except from the fact that he is trying to save Civ 5 is also great! :)

Civ 5 does not need saving, and one mod certainly wouldn't accomplish that anyway.

I do not understand what this is trying to say.

Civ 5 does not need saving, and one mod certainly wouldn't accomplish that anyway.

I do not understand what this is trying to say.

I think he's just trying to say that he doesn't like Civ5.

Well, of course I am only expressing my own opinion! And it is true that I dont like Civ 5. But also for Civ 4 the mod by Rhye was a huge improvement and made the game re-playable for a long time [for me]. I wish the same effect for Civ 5.

Regarding city states. Meeting a tiny city thousands of years before it existed and it can give you enormous amounts of food to feed an entire nation is unrealistic. They are exploitable and give far too big effect in history compared to in what way others civs can affect you. Minor nations in RFC behave in the correct way, they add flavour without distorting game play. Try RFCE by the way, great mod! ;-)

I am not asking you to agree. Just saying that I hope Rhye will bring me value for my Civ 5 game.

The yields the city states give is a gameplay element and not necessarily comparable to anything in reality. Civ5 is heavily geared towards the more gamey elements and the city states strongly support wide ICS-play. Which isn't optimal, I agree, this is why I only play with CivUP and VEM (and now GEM) mods. City State Yields there are modified in that they give a total sum which is distributed according to size to your cities, which seems to solve your problem nicely...

But RFC will be based on the vanilla game again, sadly... ;) And as minor nations can be created by unstable big civs, the way city states functions in RFC seem to need to work differently, right? I can't see how the alliance+yield system would work with them springing up and down all the time?

@BenZL43

While I agree that more map accuracy is of course better, was there really room to implement the smaller spice islands in RFC IV? I'm not positive, but I doubt it.

If Rhye can add those in a meaningful way that dosen't look or feel too weird, then I am all for it.

Also, If Spain and Portugal were racing to find India... wouldn't they have been sailing for India? The subcontinent does have it's own fair share of spices and rare luxuries Europeans valued. And the Treaty of Tordeseillas divided the Americas, not the East Asian colonies. That was the Treaty of Zaragoza. I'm not saying the spice islands wern't valuable, I just think you may be overstating their importance.

Yap sorry I mean Zaragoza.
And they were racing to India via west, that makes them unintentionally found Americas, which people they call as Indian.

I'm not overstating, but you can research where the Arabs and Chinese on the Silk Road get spices from. And the spices from this Spice Island is different with the others spice in subcontinent and worth more. Nutmeg and Cloves is native to this island, for example, and these spices worth in gold.

Stoked to see movement on Rhye'5 and Fall. I'm still playing Civ 4 way more than 5, purely because 4 has Rhye's and 5 doesn't yet.

So any news on this one on civ5?

Rhye's was simply the best mod for Civ4, loved the way the cpu AI moved and settled it cities were they actually are and expanded to where they actually did.

Actually lately I've been only playing scenarios or making my own....hate playing with real earth world maps just to find that Germany settled Munich where St. Petersburg is or having Lyon in Africa...and that the Inca or Egypt are the top dogs civs late game because they cover all of Africa and South America...

I buy Civ 5 is only to game Rhyle's team mod.
When we will hear "Shine On You Crazy Diamond" again? :king:
Can't wait

You mean the song that apparently is SOYCD but actually isn't? Yeah, we probably will. ;)

Top Bottom