New CIV: Denmark: Updated, March 02

Well im a little embarrased to say that you are right ELQuapo.
Skandinavia only consists of Denmark, Norway and Sweden... Ive always thought that it was all the nordic countries... but no it was´nt....
Well.. then i have learned something new today.. :rolleyes:

I´ve just made a message asking if the new patch to the danish civ would work with Firaxis patch but i can see that you allready been here to tell us that. So i have deleted that again :)

... looking forward to try it..
:goodjob:

To set things straight, here goes - first some important scandinavian history. Yes denmark had control over sweden through the 14th and 15th centuries due to the calmar-union, and at one time this union consisted of the largest areal in europe. And sweden was at it's largest in between ca 1618(gustavus II adolphus)-1718(Carolus XII). Now for the vikings bit. Since vikings are not a country, but an integral part of all scandinavian history, vikings should be included in the mod. It was the danish vikings who invaded britain and france. The norwegians annexed Island and Greenland, and the swedish vikings formed russia, the first ruler being rurik. You simply can't have a mod that does not explain historical conquests so relevant to a country. It's a shame how scandinavians of today seem to neglect their own history, and try to erase their viking heritage, like their ashamed of it. We should be proud to know that our ancestors were among the most feared throughout history. Nuff said:)

Well, being a Dane myself, I'm certainly not ashamed of my Viking enheritage. At the matter of fact, I'm quite proud of it, especially since I have lived my whole life in Roskilde, which used to be a sort of Viking capital.

Yes, you have the Vikings, who conquered a large part of the areas around them.

And Yes, you have the Danes who held on to that territory & had one of the most feared fleets. Don't forget that the English had to use "dirty tricks" :D to get rid of it, and force Denmark to sign a peace treaty with England.

The variation between the Vikings and Denmark is rather small, becayse, as far as I can remember, it was King Gorm the Old who gathered all the Danish viking tribes to form the Kingdom of Denmark, which have then continued.

Anyway, looking forward to purchase Civ3 (I LOVED Civ2 and some of the WW2 scenarios created for it) and try out this MOD.

Why is Copenhagen capital? Wasn't Roskilde the danish capital from the begining? It's like the Japanese capital would be Tokyo instead of Kyoto!!:egypt:

Dont change the danish capital to Roskilde. That would be stupid.

Copenhagen has been the danish capital for many many years. I´ll bet that there is a lot of people in other countries that dont know there is a city in denmark named Roskilde and they will wonder why our capital is Roskilde.

For me it seems strange and very wrong to name our capital Roskilde.

If it happen the first thing i will do when i have downloaded the new patch is to change it back to copenhagen.

....the people of the world know Copenhagen but few know Roskilde..... bad suggestion :(

Hey fimp, how did you go about creating civilopedia entries? Been trying to figure that one out for a while now...

Im glad to hear that you are keeping copenhagen as our capital.

It would also have been strange that our special unit was the Precisioner if our capital was Roskilde. The Precisioner did´nt exist when Roskilde was our capital.:confused:

Have to agree with pagh80 I have never heard of Roskilde but I sure have heard of copenhagen. Good point :goodjob: Just wouldnt be right heh

Top Bottom