1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

New Tech Tree Playtesting + Feedback

Discussion in 'Rhye's and Fall - Dawn of Civilization' started by Leoreth, Oct 8, 2016.

1. Imp. Knoedel

Imp. Knoedel Properly Paranoid Proletarian

I understand some of these words.

I'm a confused monkey who only gets anything done through sheer luck and random button-mashing. Ah well, it got me this far. :lol:

2. Leoreth

Leoreth Prince of Blood Moderator

Open google, then apply your button mashing skills to those words :D

Or even better, read the detailed explanation I added to that thread.

ales_ and Imp. Knoedel like this.
  3. Imp. Knoedel

But for that I would have to be able to read, and I have secretly been analphabetic for all these years, only guessing what other posts mean from context, and who knows when my luck will run out!

I don't know, I think Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy are both overrated. Rarity has more character depth than both of them together.

4. Leoreth

Button Mash is my favourite pony.

5. Tigranes

Tigranes Armenian

On the other hand 600 AD start has AMerica with 10+ tech lead vs next best civ on her spawn :sad: After every new overhaul few month of balance follows:cringe:, it seams...

6. Imp. Knoedel

Okay, now I'm intrigued. I don't believe you have actually become a brony with extensive knowledge of the show and its surrounding fan content, I would have noticed signs of it by now, and yet you went out of your way to name some one off background character that only even got a name and identity through fanon, rather than one of the official main characters you could find pretty quickly, or even a secondary or background character with a decent fan following. Tell me, how did you come up with that name?

7. NoShameD

NoShameD Warlord

Hi, I wanted to try this version of the mod, unfortunately it doesn't work, even if I followed your explanations in the first post... when I start a game, it stands on the starting loading (even if I try a babylonian game !) Is there anything special to do, like a specific version of the mod to start on ?

8. Leoreth

Yeah, the issue seems to be starting techs. Iteratively balancing all civs in order should take care of that.

You did the pony non-sequitur in response to the button mashing thing. I just realised that Button Mash sounding like Rainbow Dash was kind of funny, so I made that joke. I guess it makes sense that the fandom already thought of that.

That's weird, can you make sure you are on a current version by doing another pull?

Imp. Knoedel likes this.
  9. NoShameD

NoShameD Warlord

I tried to start again : downloading the mod, then pull with asking for hrtechs, it said it didn't exit correctly and I can't access the pull button anymore. Is this normal ?

10. Leoreth

It sounds like you missed a step? When you first clone the repo, you start on the develop branch. You cannot do the pull right away, if you do it will try to merge the hrtechs branch into develop, which will fail (and require your intervention to fix the conflicts). Make sure that after cloning, you check out hrtechs first. Your local repo is probably in a conflicted state right now, I suggest you delete it and clone again.

11. NoShameD

NoShameD Warlord

Just one (nooby ^^') question : what do you mean by "check out hrtechs" ?

12. Leoreth

I mean the second (and maybe the first) bullet point from the setup guide.

13. NoShameD

NoShameD Warlord

I guess, when I reach this place, that I have to click "Arbitrary URL" first ? Because I don't see the "Switch/Checkout" button...

Attached Files:

14. Leoreth

No, just select "origin" and press okay. Switch/checkout is a different option in the context menu you need to choose afterwards.

15. NoShameD

NoShameD Warlord

OK my bad ! I misread from start, I wasn't in the right place... I feel so stupid ^^' (I "succesfullly" didn't find the "Switch/Checkout" button... so bad !)

16. Leoreth

No worries :)

17. Tigranes

Tigranes Armenian

What does the future hold for Forts? Can we have a unit in the Fort claiming that tile for unit's owner? And, instead of workers, only allow draftable units to build forts on any culture, claiming that tile to their culture?

There is something very realistic about it. In ancient time Fort can represent fortified camp of an army. That could be a base for operations in foreign territory. In English, the terms "Roman fortress", "Roman fort" and "Roman camp" are commonly used for castrum. Currently only cities extent control over territories, but forts can be means of expanding reach to distant tile without building a city. Russians could have Unique Improvement Ostrog which acts like a Fort but gives Russian culture to 3x3 area around the Russian Fort. Also Americans can create forts (military bases) on Oil resources instead of physical ownership of surrounding city.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2017
    hnrysml likes this.
  18. mrrandomplayer

mrrandomplayer Hopeless Situation Warrior

How did religion founding get changed? I looked through the thread you made about it but I tried researching Contract after building Ishtar Gate and I didn't found Confucianism. Sorry if this was already answered somewhere else, but I can't find that documentation.

19. Leoreth

You need to control at least one city in the core/historical area for the religion you want to found. Ultimately I want to make that more apparent, i.e. only displaying "first to discover founds X" when you actually have a city to found the religion, but I haven't gotten around to that yet.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2017
  20. Tigranes

Tigranes Armenian

Does "secure Oil" for USA exclude Oil from trade/vassals? F4 shows I have 5 Oils but F8 only registers 4, could it be because one of them is a Tribute from Mexico?