Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you playing with the unique city states mod? It was updated to have certain great person improvements spawning nearby depending on city state type.

Yes and thank you for the explanation, this must be it.

I think it is already a variable right?

It was tied to MOD_BALANCE_CORE_HAPPINESS_NATIONAL, I separated it into its own variable.

According to description, this looks like a bug. Does it need a GitHub issue?
upload_2022-5-28_0-44-50.png

The description should be reworded in that case. Something like "cities cannot contribute more happiness / unhappiness to the nation (empire?) than their population". I'm not good at writing descriptions though, suggest me something and I'll try to include it before the next version.

Last edited:
Hmm, that also is not the case for me for some reason.

Spoiler I have 199 total population, yet 201 total happiness :
upload_2022-5-28_1-36-30.png

Spoiler Looks like my "small" cities do provide more happiness than population they have :
upload_2022-5-28_1-38-29.png
upload_2022-5-28_1-38-30.png

Spoiler More examples :
upload_2022-5-28_1-47-40.png
upload_2022-5-28_1-46-25.png

P.S: Is it expected that total happiness + total unhappiness is significantly larger that empire population? Like some citizens being happy and unhappy at the same time?

Attachments

• upload_2022-5-28_1-46-18.png
    upload_2022-5-28_1-46-18.png
    741 KB · Views: 31
  • upload_2022-5-28_1-46-21.png
    upload_2022-5-28_1-46-21.png
    90.8 KB · Views: 31
Last edited:
This notification makes no sense - my spy was doing counter-intelligence in this city:
upload_2022-5-28_3-21-51.png

Attachments

• upload_2022-5-28_3-21-45.png
    upload_2022-5-28_3-21-45.png
    124.8 KB · Views: 29
IIRC, it's as simple as luxuries not counting towards the cap. Only "local" sources are capped by population, which does not include luxuries.

P.S: Is it expected that total happiness + total unhappiness is significantly larger that empire population? Like some citizens being happy and unhappy at the same time?
Both happiness and unhappiness can exceed population. I've already mentioned happiness, but unhappiness is also only capped for needs- other factors like urbanisation or war weariness can bring the number above population.

This notification makes no sense - my spy was doing counter-intelligence in this city:
A spy set to counter-intelligence will increase the city's security level, making missions take longer to complete, and also the likelihood of discovery/death for the enemy spy based on the option you chose. It is not, however, a guarantee that all attempts will fail.

Both happiness and unhappiness can exceed population. I've already mentioned happiness, but unhappiness is also only capped for needs- other factors like urbanisation or war weariness can bring the number above population.
Got it, thanks for the explanation.

A spy set to counter-intelligence will increase the city's security level, making missions take longer to complete, and also the likelihood of discovery/death for the enemy spy based on the option you chose. It is not, however, a guarantee that all attempts will fail.
It's not about guarantee. Asking about the text - it says my spy successfully robbed my capital:)

I seem unable to build a stable after conquering a city - haven't played a huge amount of the mod to know if this is intended (if destroyed during capture)?

Edit: the option to build a stable appeared after I had built an armoury but can't see it as a prereq?

upload_2022-5-28_23-26-47.png

Attachments

• upload_2022-5-28_23-25-53.png
    upload_2022-5-28_23-25-53.png
    2.9 MB · Views: 33
Last edited:
You can still make peace with another civilization via intermediary civ using Make Peace With option, even if you enemy is not currently interested in ending the war. This seems like a bug as it can be abused.

Is this expected to be able to offer Research Agreement not mutually? How should this work?
upload_2022-5-30_4-0-33.png

Last edited:
You can still make peace with another civilization via intermediary civ using Make Peace With option, even if you enemy is not currently interested in ending the war. This seems like a bug as it can be abused.

Intended. 75 warscore is required.

Will edit in the future.

Since the new updates to Vox Populi, I've been playing a lot, and I noticed a few things that's been bugging me. Firstly, the naval melee units seem too strong (pre-information era). I know in the base game ranged ships are ridiculous, but I feel they are too easily killed now. In land combat the terrain can prevent advancing melee units and ranged units can fortify/heal. My suggestion is to add a small CS boost to naval ranged units defense.
Also, I know people don't generally play information era much, but melee and ranged naval become lackluster in this era. There isn't even a naval ranged upgrade. Battleships are stuck at 60 CS (75 attacking), while Destroyers can upgrade to Cruisers at 90 CS, but it's still small compared to Modern Armor's 100 CS and Giant Death Robot's 125 CS. Naval sieges become nearly impossible with cities having 100+ defense and naval ranged being so weak. I would suggest an information era naval ranged unit which could be like the ultimate dreadnought of the sea, naval's Giant Death Robot, if you will. The Yamato comes to mind, but updated and nuclear-powered. Requires Uranium and something like 125 CS.
Speaking of Uranium, I find nuclear weapons to be much weaker compared to the base game. Completing the Manhattan project and getting one free is great, but after that they are pretty meh. Most of the time they get intercepted and then you wasted ~10 turns building it. It's much easier to just purchase GDRs and steamroll cities. My suggestion is make the upgraded nuclear missiles unaffected by interception, and decrease the cost for both nukes a bit.
All in all, I'm really happy with Vox Populi and thank you for allowing this experience.

EDIT: I actually made most of these changes in the sqls, but I can't find where to change nuke interception.

Last edited:
Speaking of Uranium, I find nuclear weapons to be much weaker compared to the base game. Completing the Manhattan project and getting one free is great, but after that they are pretty meh. Most of the time they get intercepted and then you wasted ~10 turns building it. It's much easier to just purchase GDRs and steamroll cities. My suggestion is make the upgraded nuclear missiles unaffected by interception, and decrease the cost for both nukes a bit.

I find basic nukes ok. Though like you said, once the nuke defense building becomes common it's a massive roll of the dice.

My bigger issue is with ICBMs. They require 2 Uranium, the range is hardly intercontinental particularly on large maps and they have a insane build time.

They need to be changed to use 1 uranium, have their range increased by 25% and their build cost reduced by 25%.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom