New Version - 2.3.1 (June 1, 2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Recursive

Already Looping
Supporter
Hey all,

New version inbound. Mostly a bunch of bugfixes. Unfortunately not savegame compatible.

Changelog:
Code:
General
- Autoinstaller now asks for your Civ V directory to place EUI in, if you select EUI (thanks balparmak!)
- Added support for Hinin's Ancient Ruins tweaks
- Added custom mod option BALANCE_CORE_SETTLERS_CONSUME_POP, can be used to disable the -1 population from training Settlers
- Text fixes
- Icon fixes from balparmak
   Automation icon on unit banners removed due to causing crashes

Balance
- Spies can now gain XP from rigging City-State elections
    Fixed issue where they could randomly level up instead of gaining XP

Spy Bugfixes
- Fixed spy vision mission
- Fixed bugs with spy XP
- Fixed issues with AI spy management
- Fixed spy UI issues

Other Bugfixes
- Fixed CTD issue
- Your own Inquisitors no longer affect your own Missionaries or any Missionaries with the Inquisitor's religion
- Fixed Pioneer, Colonist, Spanish Inquisitor not being affected by Sri Pada
- Fixed an EUI issue
- Fixed border growth display bug
- Fixed some City-State quests not revoking properly
- Hopefully fixed Holy City conquest not working
    Please report any persistent religion bugs on Github

Link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1P5Fu-NuxWRdIcGcfh7imE62InS4zf41E/view?usp=sharing

Online as of 1:00 PM CST. Not savegame compatible.

---
Version 2.3.1
Code:
- Fixed an LUA bug with the World Congress overview
- AI players won't send insults during the Peace Treaty period

Online as of 8:10 PM CST. Savegame compatible with 2.3 versions.

Last edited:
Is this a new bug? Persia's capital captured by France and congress button went non responsive.

Is this a new bug? Persia's capital captured by France and congress button went non responsive.

Does sound like a bug. Please report it on Github.

Is anyone else getting errors trying to download the exe? I get an error saying my page isn't redirecting properly after I click on "Download anyway" (this button shows up when Google says it can't scan the Vox Populi exe).

Thank you to everyone involved for the new patch!

Is the locking of previous release threads upon a new release going to be the policy for now on? I liked the multiple threads since it made it clear just which version someone was talking about. If this is going to be a regular thing, I'd like to suggest keeping two release threads open instead of just one, so that we can filter out things like people having a culture/border growth bug in the UI, which could be important if they were talking about this version, but not the last one.

Version 2.3.1 has been uploaded. Link in OP has been updated.

Also noted a change to the autoinstaller in the changelog; forgot to do it earlier. It'll now ask for your Civ V directory if you're installing EUI, which will hopefully reduce installation errors.

Code:
- Fixed an LUA bug with the World Congress overview
- AI players won't send insults during the Peace Treaty period

Thank you to everyone involved for the new patch!

Is the locking of previous release threads upon a new release going to be the policy for now on? I liked the multiple threads since it made it clear just which version someone was talking about. If this is going to be a regular thing, I'd like to suggest keeping two release threads open instead of just one, so that we can filter out things like people having a culture/border growth bug in the UI, which could be important if they were talking about this version, but not the last one.

I locked them all. The idea is to encourage people to update to the latest version and not confuse them as to which version is current, so that old issues don't keep getting brought up.

Is anyone else getting errors trying to download the exe? I get an error saying my page isn't redirecting properly after I click on "Download anyway" (this button shows up when Google says it can't scan the Vox Populi exe).
Never mind, it seems my Firefox has some issues with the download link; Edge worked just fine.

Can anyone expand on the tweaks to ancient ruins? I saw Hinin's tweak mod and it removes a lot of the reward choices. Was this idea incorporated?

Can anyone expand on the tweaks to ancient ruins? I saw Hinin's tweak mod and it removes a lot of the reward choices. Was this idea incorporated?

It's not added to VP, we just added DLL support so that the mod can function.

Where should I install the EUI? I get an error whenever I start a game that the game can't load certain textures and I have an inkling that it pertains to the EUI.

Where should I install the EUI? I get an error whenever I start a game that the game can't load certain textures and I have an inkling that it pertains to the EUI.

Yes that sounds like an EUI problem. The installer should place it in the correct folder if you choose the base Civilization 5 directory, which is generally in Steam/steamapps/common. You can double check after installation, there should be a folder named "UI_bc1" in under "Sid Meier's Civilization 5/Assets/DLC".

Hi, just wanted to say that the work you put in creating this amazing mod is astonishing as this did bring hundreds of more hours of gameplay to us. Do you guys have any big plans such as additions for the future of the mod? Like new mechanics or overhauls? i feel like there is still so much cool things you can do with the capabilities of this game.

First game on 2.2.1 I had tech runaways, current game on 2.3.1 as england, and the AI is significantly slower, maybe its just a lack of babylon/maya/korea.
Used spies for science and gold in the first game and in the second as england mostly for CS rigging and protection.
Going a bit too well so Im sure if any advanced late spy stuff will be relevant (on a side note god of the sea and pearls was a very strong start).
I think I like this spy system, there is a lot to choose from and its not all "hammer the human with bad stuff".
I havent made any calculations on the yield from spies.

Is it possible for options to be added that allow for puppet territory to be ceded to other cities and to allow GPT trades for cities as was possible before?

Also, the changes to defense pacts and related AI is fantastic. My newest version was from a year ago and all that would ever happen is once medieval hit everyone would defense pact and never declare war ever again. Now wars are so much more common and it makes the geo politics and AI relationships much more fluctuating and consequently interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom