Status
Not open for further replies.
Praise be to the vox populi!
Thanks as always for all the care and effort, you make a decade old game much better than any in the genre today.

Same here, they don't heal at all inside their territory
Edit: they heal if garrisoned

It's spread around, but it would be helpful to have the China changes listed in 1 place:
Spoiler Old China :

Mandate of Heaven
+1 :c5food::c5gold: and global WLTED whenever you gain a city or create a :greatwork:Great Work (halving on era change). +10%:c5food: during WLTED

Paper Maker (library)
Normal library bonuses
+1:c5gold: per 4:c5citizen:
+10% :c5gold: during WLTED

Spoiler New China :

Mandate of Heaven
+2 :c5food: and global WLTED whenever you gain a city or create a :greatwork:Great Work (halving on era change).

Siheyuan (UI)
unlocked at currency
can be built on flat land with no resources. Must be next to a city or 2 other Siheyuan
+1:c5gold::c5production::c5science::c5culture:
Gains +1:c5gold::c5production::c5science::c5culture: if nearby city is in a WLTED
Tech boosts

The removal of the % modifier for WLTED was passed in congress, but the change to the global yields were not. I added them in light of the new UI
Reasoning:
The Siheyuan competes directly with farm placements, but it can act as a strong source of gold.
With the UA already giving food, that part of the UA could be emphasized to act as the main growth engine for the civ, rather than :c5food:from tiles.
It didn't feel right to have China -- the largest country in the world -- fall behind on growth because of this new UI. I think we still want China to be a civ that grows several large cities.

We can discuss this UA change with the ratification of the rest of the Siheyuan.

Version 3.0.1 released. Changelog:
Code:
- Fixed units not healing in friendly territory
- Fixed incorrect text for China UA
- Fixed incorrect yield icon on Granary help text

Link in OP has been updated.

Online as of 9:23 AM CST. Savegame compatible with 3.0 versions.

I've been looking forward to this. Barbarian changes may make for some fun Authority games.

Were they though? On the previous version I skipped them in most of my cities.
Authority get gold and prod on border exp (tribute policy).
They are fairly inexpensive and as authority growth is very slow, so extra growth on border exp is really nice, often better than granary early on.
With granary revert its hard to say, depends a bit on terrain.
But I havent done any maths on it so I could be totally wrong.

Authority get gold and prod on border exp (tribute policy).
They are fairly inexpensive and as authority growth is very slow, so extra growth on border exp is really nice, often better than granary early on.
With granary revert its hard to say, depends a bit on terrain.
But I havent done any maths on it so I could be totally wrong.
Should also note that the lodge provides border growth now, so will help the tribute policy. Will the border growth be worth the hammers if there are no camps, deer, or bison? We will have to see.

I have started as England & found myself on a large island, with two CS, though can see another, & managed to see Indonesia & Netherlands due to being in that city. Was going to try my normal Tradition, but thought I would try out Authority with the barbs. Had only seen two camps, but when I picked it, suddenly found seven more, & knew I had picked the right one. Managed to settle another city, but hordes are attacking, & will have to build up forces to take them down, which is really unusual for me to do straight away. Not sure how I am going to get further cities until there has been a cull. Pathfinder, Slinger, & warrior isn't going to do it, but have built another slinger, & building a warrior. I thought I would be crafty & go fishing to embark, but barbs seems to control the seas as well. Hilariously I keep getting told to build a worker, which I don't think will be much use yet.

Must say this is very enjoyable & makes Authority useful for once.

I have started as England & found myself on a large island, with two CS, though can see another, & managed to see Indonesia & Netherlands due to being in that city. Was going to try my normal Tradition, but thought I would try out Authority with the barbs. Had only seen two camps, but when I picked it, suddenly found seven more, & knew I had picked the right one. Managed to settle another city, but hordes are attacking, & will have to build up forces to take them down, which is really unusual for me to do straight away. Not sure how I am going to get further cities until there has been a cull. Pathfinder, Slinger, & warrior isn't going to do it, but have built another slinger, & building a warrior. I thought I would be crafty & go fishing to embark, but barbs seems to control the seas as well. Hilariously I keep getting told to build a worker, which I don't think will be much use yet.

Must say this is very enjoyable & makes Authority useful for once.
First post I see about game play, I wonder if aztecs, celts or egypt will be most op with heavy barb spawns.

First post I see about game play, I wonder if aztecs, celts or egypt will be most op with heavy barb spawns.
Before the quick patch about healing in your area, I did start with Aztecs, though not too far. Unlike this Communitu map, I used Pangaea. The advantages with Jaguer is they have the Woodsman promotion, as well as fighting advantages, so can use them instead of a pathfinder, quickly getting around & demanding lots of tribute from CS, which normal units don't get. I played around 70 turns. This was marathon by the way. In that time the barbs were slow appearing but after 50 goes they started to become more menacing. Stupidely built another pathfinder with gold, as I always do, instead of another Jaquer, so made slower progress killing them. Jaguars gain faith/gold on kills, & if you do it right, can soon build a pantheon & religion. Playing with raging barbs they should be really powerful.

My hope is that warlike civs will benefit from these changes, as normally in my games anyone who takes Authority is on borrowed time, & nearly always fades away. With raging barbs warlike civs should be lot stronger.

Hrm something is wrong I'll try clean up and re add mods.
Spoiler :

1669234744326.png

Spoiler :

1669234766665.png

Before the quick patch about healing in your area, I did start with Aztecs, though not too far. Unlike this Communitu map, I used Pangaea. The advantages with Jaguer is they have the Woodsman promotion, as well as fighting advantages, so can use them instead of a pathfinder, quickly getting around & demanding lots of tribute from CS, which normal units don't get. I played around 70 turns. This was marathon by the way. In that time the barbs were slow appearing but after 50 goes they started to become more menacing. Stupidely built another pathfinder with gold, as I always do, instead of another Jaquer, so made slower progress killing them. Jaguars gain faith/gold on kills, & if you do it right, can soon build a pantheon & religion. Playing with raging barbs they should be really powerful.

My hope is that warlike civs will benefit from these changes, as normally in my games anyone who takes Authority is on borrowed time, & nearly always fades away. With raging barbs warlike civs should be lot stronger.
A quick test as Aztec with raging barbs and the land just floods with barbs, camps spawn like crazy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom