1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

New Version - April 20th (4/20)

Discussion in 'Community Patch Project' started by Gazebo, Apr 20, 2018.

1. Gazebo

Gazebo Lord of the Community Patch Supporter

The AI was getting it. In tests.

G

2. bigcat88

bigcat88 King

Guys only I have unhappiness due to puppets without puppets or conquered cities? Looks like EUI issue.
    20180421165512_1.jpg

3. Gazebo

It's a small UI quirk. I'm working on a hotfix as we speak, there were some merge issues with the master build on github (lots of cooks in this kitchen, which is a great complication to have! :) )

G

4. Gazebo

Hotfix is live now, fixes:

• UI quirk for top panel
    • CS grace period bug with liberation tribute
    • Additive scaling quirk on forest/jungle/marsh chop ( @CrazyG it should be 8/6 turns on standard for jungle/forest - that was my intent, and - if it isn't now - let me know).
    https://mega.nz/#F!DMsxkDYI!zSpR9CHpmAfWyIvMXaN3pw

raphaell666, vyyt, Mitch.sp and 3 others like this.
  5. Vortok

Vortok Chieftain

This resolved the issue. Thanks for being so responsive and other 'trying to not take for granted all the volunteered time that you provide' phrases.

vyyt and CiVex like this.
  6. Zarrk

Zarrk Chieftain

I confirm the problem and seeing that in 4-20-3, Buffalo Horns' s prereq has somehow changed to Buffalo Horns :crazyeye:, I'm wondering if you weren't just a little too zealous about nerfing the Zulus, hornless Buffalos aren't going to be really as effective in battle after all.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2018
  7. Enrico Swagolo

Enrico Swagolo Deity

Playing hamburger and getting two border expansion ruins is awful, I barely had access to the UA to help me with Production in the capital. Would it be possible to add an option to reject a ruin? This one harmed me, because of liberal spending on borders I barely got to Medieval and all 3 rings around Washington were filled. UA now only works for smaller cities.
    Also Churches seem nice to me after the buff. I probably still won't be getting Boorudabur though.

I think Holy Law and Transcendence need a look at by the way. As it is I think there's really no reason not to take one of these, It's very easy to ball with them, taking something else instead is like upping the difficulty of the game.

Simple fix if someone needs asap, go to (2) then balance changes/units/promotionchanges.xml, ctrl F horns, change

<PromotionPrereq>PROMOTION_BUFFALO_HORNS</PromotionPrereq>
    into
    <PromotionPrereq>PROMOTION_BUFFALO_CHEST</PromotionPrereq>

8. LukaSlovenia29

LukaSlovenia29 Emperor

I too can't remember taking (or being tempted to take) something besides WoT or Holy Law when founding.

9. Gazebo

Looks like my master build and dev build got desync'd- fixing now. :)

Re: religion, best to move that discussion back to the founder belief thread.

G

10. Vortok

Vortok Chieftain

Incredibly minor and I reported it on github in case the underlying issue affects something more important, but figure people might find this amusing.

upload_2018-4-21_15-2-5.png

World Congress hasn't even be founded yet, lol. Makes sense that when trading actual gold (vs gold/turn) the AI only pays the exact amount that they're willing to pay, but still funny. At 28 it's just a -3 deal value and at 26 it's "Impossible."

11. Gazebo

Ha, that’s funny. The value for sanctions is set at -2 for networking. I might add another control to prevent it. :)

12. HappyCompy

HappyCompy Chieftain

Question, G: Is the Community Patch DLL on the steam workshop the most current version? Basically, when is the last time the base patch was updated because the workshop version is Aug 2017? Thanks! Love your work!

13. Gazebo

I’ve been having issues updating the workshop one- I’ve got a pending ticket with steam but nothing on that front currently.

14. HappyCompy

HappyCompy Chieftain

Thank you! I will use the manual download :)

15. ryanmusante

ryanmusante Regular Supporter

Should I be concerned that it is listing (4) before (3) in the MODS list before loading single player?

16. bigcat88

bigcat88 King

In my game already many(6+) new city states are present. So in Industrial era I received instead 2 spies - 3 spies.
    @Gazebo how will votes from statecraft policy(+Palace of Westminster) be calculated then? Will it be static(receive number of votes when unlock policy+build wonder) or dynamic(new city states added, number of votes in WC recalculated)

17. Paramecium

Paramecium Prince

Do I missunderstand something about the UA of Indonesia? There are no luxuries under Jakarta and Medan, why are there no luxuries but in Surabaya I have nutmeg? Do I have to build those Candis? Im a bit confussed...

Attached Files:

18. bigcat88

bigcat88 King

What about tiles under cities?

19. ridjack

ridjack King

Just saw my first revolt while playing as Siam; is he meant to get his UA bonus for meeting them? Seems a little weird to have a city leave a Civ and immediately have that influence.

20. Gazebo

Not recalculated. So some bonuses become more or less powerful due to game changes. I personally like this.

Why? Not like Siam is OP.

G

ElliotS likes this.