New Version - April 20th (4/20)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys only I have unhappiness due to puppets without puppets or conquered cities? Looks like EUI issue.
20180421165512_1.jpg

Guys only I have unhappiness due to puppets without puppets or conquered cities? Looks like EUI issue.
View attachment 493920

It's a small UI quirk. I'm working on a hotfix as we speak, there were some merge issues with the master build on github (lots of cooks in this kitchen, which is a great complication to have! :) )

G

Hotfix is live now, fixes:

• UI quirk for top panel
  • CS grace period bug with liberation tribute
  • Additive scaling quirk on forest/jungle/marsh chop ( @CrazyG it should be 8/6 turns on standard for jungle/forest - that was my intent, and - if it isn't now - let me know).
https://mega.nz/#F!DMsxkDYI!zSpR9CHpmAfWyIvMXaN3pw

The AI was getting it. In tests.

G

I confirm the problem and seeing that in 4-20-3, Buffalo Horns' s prereq has somehow changed to Buffalo Horns :crazyeye:, I'm wondering if you weren't just a little too zealous about nerfing the Zulus, hornless Buffalos aren't going to be really as effective in battle after all.

Last edited:
Playing hamburger and getting two border expansion ruins is awful, I barely had access to the UA to help me with Production in the capital. Would it be possible to add an option to reject a ruin? This one harmed me, because of liberal spending on borders I barely got to Medieval and all 3 rings around Washington were filled. UA now only works for smaller cities.
Also Churches seem nice to me after the buff. I probably still won't be getting Boorudabur though.

I think Holy Law and Transcendence need a look at by the way. As it is I think there's really no reason not to take one of these, It's very easy to ball with them, taking something else instead is like upping the difficulty of the game.

I confirm the problem and seeing that in 4-20-3, Buffalo Horns' s prereq has somehow changed to Buffalo Horns :crazyeye:, I'm wondering if you weren't just a little too zealous about nerfing the Zulus, hornless Buffalos aren't going to be really as effective in battle after all.

Simple fix if someone needs asap, go to (2) then balance changes/units/promotionchanges.xml, ctrl F horns, change

<PromotionPrereq>PROMOTION_BUFFALO_HORNS</PromotionPrereq>
into
<PromotionPrereq>PROMOTION_BUFFALO_CHEST</PromotionPrereq>

I too can't remember taking (or being tempted to take) something besides WoT or Holy Law when founding.

Playing hamburger and getting two border expansion ruins is awful, I barely had access to the UA to help me with Production in the capital. Would it be possible to add an option to reject a ruin? This one harmed me, because of liberal spending on borders I barely got to Medieval and all 3 rings around Washington were filled. UA now only works for smaller cities.
Also Churches seem nice to me after the buff. I probably still won't be getting Boorudabur though.

I think Holy Law and Transcendence need a look at by the way. As it is I think there's really no reason not to take one of these, It's very easy to ball with them, taking something else instead is like upping the difficulty of the game.

Simple fix if someone needs asap, go to (2) then balance changes/units/promotionchanges.xml, ctrl F horns, change

<PromotionPrereq>PROMOTION_BUFFALO_HORNS</PromotionPrereq>
into
<PromotionPrereq>PROMOTION_BUFFALO_CHEST</PromotionPrereq>

Looks like my master build and dev build got desync'd- fixing now. :)

Re: religion, best to move that discussion back to the founder belief thread.

G

Incredibly minor and I reported it on github in case the underlying issue affects something more important, but figure people might find this amusing.

upload_2018-4-21_15-2-5.png

World Congress hasn't even be founded yet, lol. Makes sense that when trading actual gold (vs gold/turn) the AI only pays the exact amount that they're willing to pay, but still funny. At 28 it's just a -3 deal value and at 26 it's "Impossible."

Incredibly minor and I reported it on github in case the underlying issue affects something more important, but figure people might find this amusing.

View attachment 493941

World Congress hasn't even be founded yet, lol. Makes sense that when trading actual gold (vs gold/turn) the AI only pays the exact amount that they're willing to pay, but still funny. At 28 it's just a -3 deal value and at 26 it's "Impossible."

Ha, that’s funny. The value for sanctions is set at -2 for networking. I might add another control to prevent it. :)

Question, G: Is the Community Patch DLL on the steam workshop the most current version? Basically, when is the last time the base patch was updated because the workshop version is Aug 2017? Thanks! Love your work!

Question, G: Is the Community Patch DLL on the steam workshop the most current version? Basically, when is the last time the base patch was updated because the workshop version is Aug 2017? Thanks! Love your work!

I’ve been having issues updating the workshop one- I’ve got a pending ticket with steam but nothing on that front currently.

In my game already many(6+) new city states are present. So in Industrial era I received instead 2 spies - 3 spies.
@Gazebo how will votes from statecraft policy(+Palace of Westminster) be calculated then? Will it be static(receive number of votes when unlock policy+build wonder) or dynamic(new city states added, number of votes in WC recalculated)

Do I missunderstand something about the UA of Indonesia? There are no luxuries under Jakarta and Medan, why are there no luxuries but in Surabaya I have nutmeg? Do I have to build those Candis? Im a bit confussed...

Attachments

• 20180422011839_1.jpg
    20180422011839_1.jpg
    585.1 KB · Views: 149
Do I missunderstand something about the UA of Indonesia? There are no luxuries under Jakarta and Medan, why are there no luxuries but in Surabaya I have nutmeg? Do I have to build those Candis? Im a bit confussed...
What about tiles under cities?

Just saw my first revolt while playing as Siam; is he meant to get his UA bonus for meeting them? Seems a little weird to have a city leave a Civ and immediately have that influence.

In my game already many(6+) new city states are present. So in Industrial era I received instead 2 spies - 3 spies.
@Gazebo how will votes from statecraft policy(+Palace of Westminster) be calculated then? Will it be static(receive number of votes when unlock policy+build wonder) or dynamic(new city states added, number of votes in WC recalculated)

Not recalculated. So some bonuses become more or less powerful due to game changes. I personally like this.

Just saw my first revolt while playing as Siam; is he meant to get his UA bonus for meeting them? Seems a little weird to have a city leave a Civ and immediately have that influence.

Why? Not like Siam is OP.

G

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom