1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

New Version - October 28th (10/28)

Discussion in 'Community Patch Project' started by Gazebo, Oct 28, 2016.

1. Txurce

Txurce Deity

Agree!

Agree!

However, making them easier to build in the early game is more likely to make me crank out an extra one or two, which of course pay off in spades by their sheer existence. I assume this is what Gazebo had in mind. (Not that I found the replaced policy OP.)

Last edited: Oct 29, 2016
  2. EriktheRead

EriktheRead Chieftain

I'd also like to chime in and echo that 1) worker speed is a selling point to liberty and 2) I can't remember the last time I actually built a worker.

Love your mod btw, I've posted a couple time but its been a while. You are continuing to impress.

Edit: also moty on a good lake start is even more crazy lol.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2016
  3. H3LLBL4Z3R

H3LLBL4Z3R Chieftain

Anyone have a modpack for this version to play multiplayer on? The latest one I found was for October 10th.

I love it but it would be cool to see those small bugs possibly dealt with.

4. Moi Magnus

Moi Magnus Emperor

I never build workers, I always buy them, so for me, adding "Worker bying cost -20%" seems a good idea

5. Navanod

Navanod Warlord

I like enslavi- I mean, liberating them from the AIs. Perhaps a maintenance reduction or X number of maintenance free workers? Kinda like the 6 maintenance free units from the Volunteer Army in Freedom? This will take much longer to realize the same amount of savings as a discount on buying workers, but will benefit all workers regardless of how they were acquired.

Skidizzle likes this.
  6. Mogmau

Mogmau Chieftain

Thank you sir. Appreciate the work!

7. Der_Zorn_gottes

Der_Zorn_gottes King

I would second this. Culture is scarcer than science, yet the culture monopolys give +3 (and are still fine) so +3 science is all right.

rubixx likes this.
  8. Enrico Swagolo

Enrico Swagolo Deity

Yeah, it's not the situation from a year ago when +3 Science sped you up to the point nobody could keep up even at Deity because it was so scarce, and IIRC palace gave half as much as now, though +3 Culture monopolies (as well as +3 Prod) ones are likely the best now (until late game, at which point ones like +10%C +10% Prod are far, far superior).
    What I also find weird Monopoly-wise is there's some for each yield, but none for Faith, like no +3 Faith/+X% empire-wide Faith monopolies when ones like Incest, Tobacco are clear candidates for such stuff. It'd add some more variety, because as it is too many monopolies provide only boring Happiness.

Skidizzle likes this.
  9. merill

merill Prince

Incense ?

10. Txurce

Txurce Deity

Freudian slip.

tu_79 and vyyt like this.
  11. Enrico Swagolo

Enrico Swagolo Deity

Oh. OOOH.

'Tis calls for a reminder Freud was a hack with confirmation bias who "borrowed" everything wise he said from others long, long gone, while always trying to connect everything with sex which can be done easily if you try hard enough.

"You only posted this post because you want to prove your superior sexual desirability over Merill which you want to excite women with in order to mate. If not for this deep desire, you wouldn't have bothered" - Swagmund Freud

"Posting on Community Patch forums means one wants to perform vile acts with his mother while Gazebo and all other VP contributors watch, because muh schizophreniac patient" - Swagmund Freud

vyyt and Bromar1 like this.
  12. Gazebo

Gazebo Lord of the Community Patch Supporter

Amber being at +2 was a typo - all others are at +3 from what I can see (changed that a long time ago).

13. Gazebo

Gazebo Lord of the Community Patch Supporter

14. Txurce

Txurce Deity

15. Navanod

Navanod Warlord

16. Funak

Funak Deity

I'm not trying to call you a liar or anything like that, but it was definitely not a typo, it used to be +3 but people were complaining about Ambers causing runaway starts after the science rework so you lowered it. Anyways raising it back to +3 is probably completely fine.

17. ofu

ofu Chieftain

A bug?
    I did't found religion.I got one, after I captured another capital. Then the system auto recruited Great Prophet for me even I had set the "Automatic Faith Purchase" to "Remind me later".

I want to save the faith point to later game.Why the system spend it for me without my permission?

Civ5Screen0004.jpg

18. Funak

Funak Deity

Faith is always automatically spent for a great prophet as soon as you have enough faith to purchase one before the Industrial era. That's from vanilla and has not been changed in CP.

19. ofu

ofu Chieftain

:goodjob:Thank you.

20. merill

merill Prince