New Version - October 28th (10/28)

Status
Not open for further replies.
for me easy choice. i have actually a headache by mayans having annoying and OP ritual.

Agree!

to addition, who seriously bother with training a worker late game? i usually buy them since renaisance if i need few. this policy is rather empty slot after medieval for me. but just my opinion.

Agree!

However, making them easier to build in the early game is more likely to make me crank out an extra one or two, which of course pay off in spades by their sheer existence. I assume this is what Gazebo had in mind. (Not that I found the replaced policy OP.)

Last edited:
I'd also like to chime in and echo that 1) worker speed is a selling point to liberty and 2) I can't remember the last time I actually built a worker.

Love your mod btw, I've posted a couple time but its been a while. You are continuing to impress.

Edit: also moty on a good lake start is even more crazy lol.

Last edited:
Anyone have a modpack for this version to play multiplayer on? The latest one I found was for October 10th.

I love it but it would be cool to see those small bugs possibly dealt with.

Hey all,
Progress: Reduced Worker speed back to 25% for Liberty, but added 25% production boost to production of workers

I never build workers, I always buy them, so for me, adding "Worker bying cost -20%" seems a good idea

I never build workers, I always buy them, so for me, adding "Worker bying cost -20%" seems a good idea

I like enslavi- I mean, liberating them from the AIs. Perhaps a maintenance reduction or X number of maintenance free workers? Kinda like the 6 maintenance free units from the Volunteer Army in Freedom? This will take much longer to realize the same amount of savings as a discount on buying workers, but will benefit all workers regardless of how they were acquired.

By the way, I think Amber (and any other +2 Science per tile monopolies) should go back to giving 3 Science per tile.
I know I'm the one who brought attention to the monopoly breaking the game with 3 about a year ago (if not more), but it was when there was about half as much Science available as there is now so it barely counts. IIRC there wasn't even Council then, and Barracks either gave no Science or 1.

I would second this. Culture is scarcer than science, yet the culture monopolys give +3 (and are still fine) so +3 science is all right.

I would second this. Culture is scarcer than science, yet the culture monopolys give +3 (and are still fine) so +3 science is all right.

Yeah, it's not the situation from a year ago when +3 Science sped you up to the point nobody could keep up even at Deity because it was so scarce, and IIRC palace gave half as much as now, though +3 Culture monopolies (as well as +3 Prod) ones are likely the best now (until late game, at which point ones like +10%C +10% Prod are far, far superior).
What I also find weird Monopoly-wise is there's some for each yield, but none for Faith, like no +3 Faith/+X% empire-wide Faith monopolies when ones like Incest, Tobacco are clear candidates for such stuff. It'd add some more variety, because as it is too many monopolies provide only boring Happiness.

What I also find weird Monopoly-wise is there's some for each yield, but none for Faith, like no +3 Faith/+X% empire-wide Faith monopolies when ones like Incest, Tobacco are clear candidates for such stuff. It'd add some more variety, because as it is too many monopolies provide only boring Happiness.
Incense ?

Incense ?

Oh. OOOH.

Freudian slip.

'Tis calls for a reminder Freud was a hack with confirmation bias who "borrowed" everything wise he said from others long, long gone, while always trying to connect everything with sex which can be done easily if you try hard enough.

"You only posted this post because you want to prove your superior sexual desirability over Merill which you want to excite women with in order to mate. If not for this deep desire, you wouldn't have bothered" - Swagmund Freud

"Posting on Community Patch forums means one wants to perform vile acts with his mother while Gazebo and all other VP contributors watch, because muh schizophreniac patient" - Swagmund Freud

By the way, I think Amber (and any other +2 Science per tile monopolies) should go back to giving 3 Science per tile.
I know I'm the one who brought attention to the monopoly breaking the game with 3 about a year ago (if not more), but it was when there was about half as much Science available as there is now so it barely counts. IIRC there wasn't even Council then, and Barracks either gave no Science or 1.

Amber being at +2 was a typo - all others are at +3 from what I can see (changed that a long time ago).

Amber being at +2 was a typo - all others are at +3 from what I can see (changed that a long time ago).
I'm not trying to call you a liar or anything like that, but it was definitely not a typo, it used to be +3 but people were complaining about Ambers causing runaway starts after the science rework so you lowered it. Anyways raising it back to +3 is probably completely fine.

A bug?
I did't found religion.I got one, after I captured another capital. Then the system auto recruited Great Prophet for me even I had set the "Automatic Faith Purchase" to "Remind me later".

I want to save the faith point to later game.Why the system spend it for me without my permission?

Civ5Screen0004.jpg

A bug?
I did't found religion.I got one, after I captured another capital. Then the system auto recruited Great Prophet for me even I had set the "Automatic Faith Purchase" to "Remind me later".

I want to save the faith point to later game.Why the system spend it for me without my permission?

View attachment 457131
Faith is always automatically spent for a great prophet as soon as you have enough faith to purchase one before the Industrial era. That's from vanilla and has not been changed in CP.

Faith is always automatically spent for a great prophet as soon as you have enough faith to purchase one before the Industrial era. That's from vanilla and has not been changed in CP.
:goodjob:Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom