Next Fantasy War (BtS)

hi, my specs - stuff are as follows
thanks for your intrest

futo

Nothing wrong from what i can see, you just might have gotton a bad, d/l, try another then let me know if that worked, and thx again.

btw Welcome to CFC.:p

Hi all,really want to play this mod and i cannot get past the load screen( just after selecting the dificulty/map/country) before i am booted back to windows.
it happens with any maptipe or country or difficulty and only in this mod
i have latest drivers, also i am using v0009.
the error is attatched to this post.
thanks

futo

The error you show usually happens if too many xml-errors appear.

Did you try to use the "tiny" mapsize (or anything smaller or equal to "huge")? The two biggest map sizes did not work at my computer eighter, they did the same error you had.

Greatings, sepruecom

The error you show usually happens if too many xml-errors appear.

Did you try to use the "tiny" mapsize (or anything smaller or equal to "huge")? The two biggest map sizes did not work at my computer either, they did the same error you had.

Greatings, sepruecom

Thx for the info, nobody mentioned that before, i guess i will have to get rid of anything higher than Huge.;)

Hi all its me again sorry ive been absent for a while.

i did some research/downloading/play testing and i do not know if this may help my problem but, i downloaded several versions of fall from heaven 2 for bts and civ4 and they all had the same error as your mod did, sadly. furthermore, i re downloaded the next war TWICE (long waiting period:mad::cry:) and i got the same error.

I tried all map sizes and i also tried just using the "normal-ish" civilizations (America or something vaguely humanoid/ cant remember team names currently!)

also if it is possible could you describe what you meant by

QUOTE(The error you show usually happens if too many xml-errors appear.):sad:

as i do not quite understand what this means in all of my limited experiences.:sad:

I may try an older version than v0009 of the next war to see any difference.
Also if any of you have any recommendations for me i would be more than willing to accept them.

thanks again for your help
futo333

thanks again for your help
futo333

Only thing i can think of is what kind of map are you trying to play, try playing a Large or Standard one once and not smaller than small, give that a shot once?? If not i am at a loss??:blush:

hey all,
i tried the game on standard with standard teams only and it ran! i then plaed for a while and when some city ruins appeared the game crashed.
So im gonna do a full reinstall just incase so i may not be on for a while, ive also got my sats to revise from(im in the UK) so i gotta concentrate.
but first does anybody know where i can get a mod which will add an extra planet E.g. you go from your homeworld to another planet with other people on it?

futo333

oh when i said the game crashed i meant on the next war mod

I got the arcology city ruins fixed in the next version coming out, sorry.:blush:
So for now try to stay away from the city ruins stuff, thx.
In fact look at what i am doing in the "change log" Post # 4, thx.

hey i got the mod and put it where it was supposed to go and i dont know how to use it now. It doesnt show up in load mods area or anything.... help please?

hey i got the mod and put it where it was supposed to go and i dont know how to use it now. It doesnt show up in load mods area or anything.... help please?

It goes in the same area as AfterWorld/Next War/Road to War, make sure its there.
Infact it should be listed right above the Firaxis mod Next War.

EDIT: posted a NEW update to NFW version v010, effective 13 Jun 08.

Hi, I really like this mod. I may have missed something obvious, I have downloaded and loaded it. It starts up ok but the interface is missing, what do I need to do - bearing in mind I'm a bit of a novice

I have saved the mod in: C:\Program Files\2K Games\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4 Complete\Beyond the Sword\Mods

is that right?

I also followed the instructiosn on registry editor and added the INSTALLDIR withe the path C:\Program Files\2K Games\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4 Complete\Beyond the Sword

I have tried to follow the steps outlined here but I find them confusing. I would really appreciate an idiots guide to it - that way I may get to play what looks like an exciting mod.

Many thanks

I have saved the mod in: C:\Program Files\2K Games\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4 Complete\Beyond the Sword\Mods

is that right?

I also followed the instructiosn on registry editor and added the INSTALLDIR withe the path C:\Program Files\2K Games\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4 Complete\Beyond the Sword

I have tried to follow the steps outlined here but I find them confusing. I would really appreciate an idiots guide to it - that way I may get to play what looks like an exciting mod.

Many thanks

Dont know what the registry editor thing is??? If thats because of the Civ4 Complete you'd have to talk to "sepruecom" at post # 246 and 248, i think he found a way to make it work with complete? (I dont understand that Civ4 Complete stuff, sorry).

All you need to do:
1. Download Next Fantasy War.
2. Extract it to: C:\Program Files\2K Games\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Mods\
3. Start Civ4 , go to advanced , load mod "NFW" and that should do it, anyways thx for asking, if more problem, or you dont like something thats what these threads are for.:rolleyes:

btw, Welcome to CFC.

Just wanted to say I love this mod. Thank you. I did have a few questions. One is does the AI know how to play this mod? I ask becouse I am absolutly crushing all competition (3000 to 1000 point wise) I am haveing fun building an emence and unstopable SE Asian juggernaut but I would like my next game to be a bit more challegeing (on Noble or Prince). A much more minor question is about the archetechture of the buildings in the cities and the towns. In my game,I am playing Khmer, my cities are filled with Undeniably SE Asian (Cambodian, Thai, Burmese) style homes and buildings.... I had never seen this before and I have played the Khmer before in vanilla. Is this part of this mod or something else?

Thanks again

Just wanted to say I love this mod. Thank you. I did have a few questions. One is does the AI know how to play this mod? I ask becouse I am absolutly crushing all competition (3000 to 1000 point wise) I am haveing fun building an emence and unstopable SE Asian juggernaut but I would like my next game to be a bit more challegeing (on Noble or Prince). A much more minor question is about the archetechture of the buildings in the cities and the towns. In my game,I am playing Khmer, my cities are filled with Undeniably SE Asian (Cambodian, Thai, Burmese) style homes and buildings.... I had never seen this before and I have played the Khmer before in vanilla. Is this part of this mod or something else?

Thanks again

Thanks, and thanks!!:goodjob:

Its weird that you have a 3-1 ratio, usually its the other way around when playing on a lower than Epic game, you must have gotten lucky or your really good at Civ4.:p
You want a real challenge try fast speed and see how long you can last, i bet not even 500 turns. Then maybe you'll be outplayed by the AI as a 5 to 1. But again, never know, you just might get lucky, and really isnt that the main point, "Just Have Fun."

And yes there are very special buildings in this mod, such as the Khmer buildings and alot more also. I think around 13 different types. One thing to remember is that almost every mod has alot all borrowed stuff from other mods and graphics stuff, so i really take no credit in that area. I just like to add alot of stuff, the more the merrier.

I am currently in the process of making another mod, like this one, but no fantasy units and sci fi stuff (well at least to a minimum), just tons of enhanced flavor units and a mod that as no dll or sdk stuff in it just in case of what just happend, an update that causes the mod to be not played. Since i have no idea how to mess with dll stuff. I always need help, so if anyone out there has just XML help, your more than welcome to help.:rolleyes:

Yeah I think luck and an awesome starting point did the trick. I could not agree more with your statement about having fun- Absolutly!! Even though the competition is a bit behind me I am having a blast filling the "America" slot of my world. I deffinatly am looking forward to your next MOD.

Top Bottom