Next patch anticipation thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well tonight/tomorrow I think we can expect a DLC, as for a Patch it may come out along side but who's to say that it won't be delayed for another 2 weeks until March for a "Spring Patch"?

Has there ever been a QA update and the patch same day?

I remember when Firaxis would produce massive patches with a changelog torival WoW. Now it seems the changelog is about as long as a grocery list for hamburger helper.

Well tonight/tomorrow I think we can expect a DLC, as for a Patch it may come out along side but who's to say that it won't be delayed for another 2 weeks until March for a "Spring Patch"?
That would be the most idiotic thing they could ever do. If it became public that they did something like that just for a name then whoever came up with that idea shall burn in the firry pits of PC gaming H. E. double hockey sticks along with Jon Shafer

I can see scenarios for both tonight and tomorrow, but that doesn't make either more likely than Wednesday or Thursday at this point.

Basically:
IF this last set of QA updates was the last one and they only do a cursory test on it AND we don't see any more changes to QA builds today AND we start seeing things like package updates and named achievements, then it could be tonight

IF this is the last set of QA updates and they want to test it more thoroughly, look for that other stuff tomorrow

IF this was NOT the last set of QA updates and they update all three again tomorrow morning, go back to the beginning

IF this was NOT the last set of QA updates and they update them separately tomorrow like they normally do, nothing to get excited about yet

I dont remember updates about that being posted back in december (at least not in the "main" thread). Did you keep watch over it anyway? ^^"

And I still favor this week over next week because the "Monthiversary" trend hasn't been broken yet.

That would be the most idiotic thing they could ever do. If it became public that they did something like that just for a name then whoever came up with that idea shall burn in the firry pits of PC gaming H. E. double hockey sticks along with Jon Shafer

I agree that this would be a bad move. But it's a possibility. However logically it would mean that if any bugs appear in the new DLC they would be patched out in the Patch just after which would convey a more "quicker response" to bugs rather then waiting for the next DLC.

I dont remember updates about that being posted back in december (at least not in the "main" thread). Did you keep watch over it anyway? ^^"

I remember a lot of it, but I forgot if they did one last day-of qa update. I tend to think that they won't do that because it takes someone's work to throw together an update and put it up, and to do so with no expectation of testing it seems wasteful. But I'm allowing for that theory to be incorrect.

Well, it was not as determined but you wrote the following (even roughly around the same time as now :D):

I remember a lot of people were starting to doubt at this point of the day, forgetting that the November patch came at night.

Well, it was not as determined but you wrote the following (even roughly around the same time as now :D):
LOL oh yes.. Sorry I did write that. Excellent detective work!!!!! I'm impressed, and laughing, LOL. I was mixing up the November patch with the December patch. I did follow the December patch.

I actually am playing my Rome game right now. I want to finish it but I want a new patch MORE. I have to leave here soon to get a mop for my vacuum cleaner so this game is gonna have to wait and it was just getting good, ah well I can attempt to finish with the new patch. COME ON PATCH!

I actually am playing my Rome game right now. I want to finish it but I want a new patch MORE. I have to leave here soon to get a mop for my vacuum cleaner so this game is gonna have to wait and it was just getting good, ah well I can attempt to finish with the new patch. COME ON PATCH!

I finally got around to trying Russia and it's a fun game. I got my wish and that Icelandic volcano natural wonder is right down river from my capital. Alas, I'd rather have the patch and DLC more.

I finally got around to trying Russia and it's a fun game. I got my wish and that Icelandic volcano natural wonder is right down river from my capital. Alas, I'd rather have the patch and DLC more.

I have yet to have a game where I've seen one of the new wonders, I also haven't encountered the cliffs of Dover.

I have yet to have a game where I've seen one of the new wonders, I also haven't encountered the cliffs of Dover.

This is like the second game that I've seen this one. I get the Giant's Causeway all the time now and the Lysefjord once.

This is like the second game that I've seen this one. I get the Giant's Causeway all the time now and the Lysefjord once.

I think I really cool game would be where as Norway you try to find and control each of the Viking DLC wonders.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom