Next patch anticipation thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking at the First Look video, I noticed that some of the interface may have changed. The "View Reports" button on the top bar, for example, is now just "Reports."

I'm not sure why they haven't offered a hotkey for the reports screen. Is it that hard to do? That and a 'wait' key *palm-face*.

Is it? As far as I know, the My Government tab is not interactive at all. You perform policy changes (whether free or not) in the "Change Policies" tab, and you change the type of your government in the "View Governments" tab. "My Government" is pointless.

I like having the less cluttered my government tab to refer to; but I appreciate why many would like to just jump straight to the change policies tab. Surely all those tabbed screens could be given hotkeys?

I'm not saying it's going to be the Sistine Chapel of software development. I just think it's going to be where they want it by tomorrow afternoon.

Everyone telling you it's the best there is, then finding out it's kinda meh? Yeah, sounds just like the Sistine Chapel to me. (seriously, it's like, the least impressive thing you'll come across if you go to Rome)

I'm not very much into these cyclings but this could raise chances for tonight, right?
Not really, no. Besides, Pete sounded pretty clear it wasn't tonight, although he gave a nonanswer about tomorrow.
LOL. It's 2am and ur asking it there's an update tonight!!!! That's dedication! I'm blown away they they updated at 1am.

He's from Germany, which means he's one day later than you two currently are.

He's from Germany, which means he's one day later than you two currently are.
Yeah, strange people. Strange daytime, writing nouns with upper letter in the beginning without any reason etc. :D
There are also balance changes and bug fixes coming in this update, ranging from trade routes to ice caps, obsolete units to AI upgrades. We’ll go more in-depth on these details at a later time.
What might this "We’ll go more in-depth on these details at a later time." mean? Don't they know, some of us are expecting "update-news" every minute?

Anybody else expect to see internal trade routes hit with the big nerf-hammer? Not that I mind, really, if that will fix commercial hub spam.

Yeah, strange people. Strange daytime, writing nouns with upper letter in the beginning without any reason etc. :D

I like it, to be honest. It makes it clear which words are important.

I have German as my third language, and although I quite like it, it was really weird to learn.

For all who encountered German at some point, I would recommend the essay "The awful German language" by Mark Twain. It's hilarious.

(Sorry, slightly OT)

In Civ2 you could also give yourself an own name, change the name of your civilization, and you could even change the titles you'd get depending on your government (for example, a Monarchy had a King. You could rename that to Grand Emperor if you wished. And the same for every government. If you wished, you could rename the "President" from Democracy to "Absolute Leader" (the senate would still veto your declarations of war though)).

It would be very sad for all Canadian, Argentinean and Mexican if the next patch not included the possibility to rename the chosen leader and Civ at the start of the game in the extended menu.
So everyone could play with that country and with that Civ-name he want´s to play the game.

Did you know you don't have to capitalize every word? Makes it very hard to read. In fact I'm still not exactly sure what you're talking about exactly because there's words where I don't know if the capital is intended or not and it'd change the meaning.
I like it, to be honest. It makes it clear which words are important.
Maybe I mixed it up?!!

[[Mark Twains essay is really funny (especially if you understand, what he is talking about ... sex of turnips & young girls :D:D:D).]]

If the new patch and Austalian Civ are to be released within the timeline of "Australian Summer" it seems unusual not to announce the release date now since Australian Summer ends less than a week away.

And now they've got Steam in on it, trolling us with a client update. *sigh*

I hope the patch brings crossplatform multiplayer to the table finally.

Last edited:
Maybe I mixed it up?!!

[[Mark Twains essay is really funny (especially if you understand, what he is talking about ... sex of turnips & young girls :D:D:D).]]

Lol no you didn't. There was a wrong capital in the post I replied to though (Example), and for the rest I think it comes down to being used to seeing it in German, and not in English.. I mean, in English capitals can influence the meaning of words. The difference between "Transport of Units" (I thought that was maybe a scenario or something) and "transport of units" is quite big).

I'm pretty convinced there's more to this DLC than just a civ and a scenario. Mostly because of the 10 Achievements. While I have an opinion on what that's likely to be, at this point, I am more curious about when we will find out.

They could do another First Look (10am EST) or they could reveal it in the livestream today.

Otherwise, it's just Australia and a big-ass scenario.

Speaking of the livestream. I find it odd that it is on a Wednesday. In the past they mostly did it on Thursdays. Wednesday interferes with the regularly scheduled livestream they do (is it quill18 or llamachomp?). There may be a reason for this change from the ordinary. If say, they want to show the DLC before it goes live tonight, for instance.

At any rate, I am thinking a 50% chance tonight and 90% tomorrow. If not then, then next Tuesday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom