1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Nitram15's LeaderHead gallery!

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Graphics Modpacks' started by Nitram15, Oct 3, 2009.

1. Nitram15

Nitram15 Pro Libertate!

Yup, because all of you (and I thank you) rated it up! :)

2. Nitram15

Nitram15 Pro Libertate!

I now it is completely off to the topic, but you know I said I'm working on a Napoleon Total War mod, so i need volunteers. I need 1) testers (high priority, because alpha will soon available) 2) modders (I don't mean under this such huuge works like new graphics, I only meant a bit help about buttons, and other things that time-eating) 3) python coder (ultra high priority: I tried to make a single popup (again) triggered after 2 turns, but nothing happened, so people who can understand python OR can tell me the basics about this turn-based popup scripting would be reeeeeeally appreciated)

EDIT: And if someone knows a good Tech Tree editor for Beyond the Sword please share with me! I want redone the tech tree, but it is sooo big. I already have a tech tree concept btw.

EDIT2: Here is the tech tree concept:

3. el_hidalgo

el_hidalgo Prince

I rated them both A+, thus moving Napoleon w/hat deservedly into the 5 star club. :goodjob: :woohoo:

FWIW, I ignore ratings when deciding what to download. I download it if it looks cool to me and I try it out.

4. Nitram15

Nitram15 Pro Libertate!

Oh, thank you. :)

5. el_hidalgo

el_hidalgo Prince

You're welcome. Now about this mod... is it a TW mod or some kind of Civ port of a TW mod? If it's for Civ, I'd like to volunteer to help out. I've always wanted to do a Napoleon mod/scenario anyway. It may sound strange, but I love doing buttons! I can also do XML and strategies/pedias, stuff like that. I think I'm pretty good at pedias since I take the time to edit the Wikipedia entries (some of them really need it!). I can also do the tech tree for you if you need it.

6. Nitram15

Nitram15 Pro Libertate!

You are EXACTLY the man I've been looking for! :thumbsup:

Thank you for volunteering. I will send you the pictures about you can make the buttons. The tech tree... well, I think I can do it, but help is appreciated. The pedia.... yes, the pedia is where I need help. If you can really help as you said, this mod will be wonderful! :D I already did a looot of things. :crazyeye: (I already modded the dll a bit: to not to have 18 but 30 as max number of civs, I created the flags, the civs, the leaders, the units, 5 new building graphics, new main menu, new HUD, now working on python scripts, and already changed music (in main menu) and I did a lot of minor changes)

7. el_hidalgo

el_hidalgo Prince

Glad to enlist in your army! Sounds like you've conquered a lot of territory already. :D If you have pics to send me, great, and if not I can still make it happen, just let me know what you need. Is there a copy of the mod at its current state I can download somewhere? Is there a separate thread for it?

8. Nitram15

Nitram15 Pro Libertate!

Nope, strictly private, as (until now) only I was working on it. But for you, I'll compile an install exe and send it to you. ;) Thank you very much.

9. el_hidalgo

el_hidalgo Prince

Cool, I'll take a look and then I'll know what needs to be done.

10. Nitram15

Nitram15 Pro Libertate!

Don't worry, I know what needed to be done. I'll send the button bases in a different package. ;)
    EDIT: And now this conversation goes private, so this topic can return to my leaderheads. :)

11. Radio Noer

Radio Noer The Devourer

Hey there, just wondering what dds file is the button for Benny, I got the LH itself to work but can't seem to find the button file. Any help would be appreciated.

EDIT: I didn't see the last post date until now but I still hope somebody can help.

12. Nitram15

Nitram15 Pro Libertate!

Don't worry. I won't leave this thread. I never made a button for any leaderhead and I declare: neither now nor never I'll make buttons for leaderheads. Call me lazy, I don't like and actually don't know how to make them look nice.

13. veBear

veBear Slumerican Citizen

Do you have gimp installed? Do you have the .dds plugin? In that case, then take a screenshot of the leader in game and paste it into the program. Then press the 'rectangle select' tool and check the 1x1 fixed aspect ratio. Then select (using this tool) a square of the LH in game and copy. Then you open up the .xcf file included in the zip (see below) and paste it as a new layer. Resize this layer to 57x57, move it below the button border layer, cut out the parts that you see outside of the border on (while still on the the lh-layer... you don't wan't to mess up the borders) (the corners), and then flatten image and save as .dds (compression: BC2/DXT3).

Hope this can help you ;)

14. Nitram15

Nitram15 Pro Libertate!

Thanks, it helped me, but it won't make to do buttons anyway. :p

15. veBear

veBear Slumerican Citizen

I thought of it mainly for that other guy Radio Noer. After all, I know you must have either Gimp or Photoshop installed when you're an LH maker ;)

16. Radio Noer

Radio Noer The Devourer

No, where whould I get these and are they free, I also assume they are safe or nobody would use them.

17. IgorS

IgorS Your ad could be here!

GIMP
    .dds plugin

18. Zach-Attack

Zach-Attack Chieftain

Nice LHs, man. I love 'em.

19. Nitram15

Nitram15 Pro Libertate!

Wow, thanks! :)
    As I said, I'm not going to make them anymore, and I'm not accepting requests right now, but feel free to ask, and, though I can't promise anything, I can do that. :)

20. Buster's Uncle

Buster's Uncle AC2 Co-Owner