1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Nitram15's LeaderHead gallery!

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Graphics Modpacks' started by Nitram15, Oct 3, 2009.

1. veBear

veBear Slumerican Citizen

Yup, please do so :)

:goodjob:

2. cool3a2

cool3a2 Deity

I think that the hatty version is way better! Yet I think the hats shader setting might need som work. At the moment, the shader creates a look like that of a billard ball (the surface is just less smooth then a billard ball at the moment). I suggest you try to use a different env map. I could imagine you have used the default env, that has a single spot of light. I think that for Rákóczi I used a silk env, I'd give that a shot. If you already have the silk env in use, try the other one - shaders are a lot of trying around. Also, the same env map might cause different looks on different LHs depending on the other shader maps as well as the light. IN any case, make sure all four shader maps are used. If that doesn't help, you might try to reduce brightness of the hat in the spec and / or the env_mask maps. Besides of the light effect, the hat looks pretty cool! Just try to get a rough surface. Besides of that, the hair might look better if it is less reddish. Not sure about that though, it would require a test. Yet the LH is pretty cool already.

3. Nitram15

Nitram15 Pro Libertate!

I tried different Envs, but I got a lot of problems, small bugs, which seemed unresolvable. But it seems I have an idea!

4. cool3a2

cool3a2 Deity

The env caused a bug? What sort of bug? I mean, another env might look worse, but a bug? Well, if you want me to, I could take a look at it...

5. Nitram15

Nitram15 Pro Libertate!

Actually I solved the problem, so here is Napoleon with hat, with new ENV:

If you want to download, you can download the hatty version here: http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=17354

I hope you'll like him!
    My next plan is a new animation for Napoleon, which won't be easy I suppose.:crazyeye:

Attached Files:

6. cool3a2

cool3a2 Deity

That's way better!

7. Huayna Capac357

Huayna Capac357 Deity

Hmm. I prefer the no-hatted version, but it's all personal preference.

And the hat's textures look very good.

8. cool3a2

cool3a2 Deity

I think it will be no problem for nitram to provide two versions.

Meanwhile, I started thinking that the background might not be optimal. The arc de triomphe as the theme is certainly well choosen, but I think a different image of it that looks less artificial but reflects a somehow more everyday-like scene might suit better - but we are already talking about optimising, so it's nothing critical. The leaderhead is already a five-star LH for sure!

9. Nitram15

Nitram15 Pro Libertate!

Ooh I provided both versions, so I let people to choose. ;)

10. Nitram15

Nitram15 Pro Libertate!

I have an announcement for all who wrotes comments about 'I like it':
    PLEASE RATE IT! THERE IS SOMEONE WHO REALLY HATES ME, ALWAYS RATES DOWN MY NAPOLEON TO F. IT IS NOW 1 STAR. NOT IF I WOULD BE ANGRY, BUT I THINK, IF THE 10 PEOPLE WHO LIKES MY WORK AND WRITE HERE, SHOULD RATE UP, SO THIS BASTARD HAVE NO CHANCE OF HIS CHILDISH REVENGIES, OR SOMETHING.

Thank you for cooperation,
    Nitram15

11. cool3a2

cool3a2 Deity

I gave both versions an A+ now, although I regularily don't rate anything. The reason for why I still did it, is that an F could prevent people from downloading your LH because one could think there is a serious glitch. Since the rate of a user is saved somehow to prevent him to rate twice, maybe the moderators or admins would be able to look up who's the guy that always gives F. This is plain trolling it seems (if the user in question really rates all your LHs F) and is hardly better then if someone is posting BS, so it would be worth a warning to that user IMO. Maybe the moderators could check / consider this? No need to mention the trolls username though.

12. Nitram15

Nitram15 Pro Libertate!

HAHAHA! :lol::lol::lol::lol: NOW THEN I WOULD EAT MY (or napoleon's) HAT!!!
    I had a quite disappionting conversation with the nicest moderator in this bastardous site, and he didn't do anything. Probably most of the staff simply don't care of trolls which use (not posting) other features to troll. Do you know why did I reupload the non-hatty Napoleon? Because this BASTARD who always makes me nervous rated that down. You know, there are things that moderators don't want to solve as well.

13. The_J

The_J Say No 2 Net Validations Retired Moderator Supporter

Gave him now to an A+ :).

Looking it up requires direct database access, and only TF has. I already emailed him due to some other serious organizational thing and mentioned the abuse too, but it seems he doesn't have enough time currently to look it up. Will probably happen somewhen in the next weeks, no idea.

Worth a warning? Last time someone abused the rating system it lead to a 10 days ban.

Edit: Hey, that post is really not fair :mad: :(.

14. Nitram15

Nitram15 Pro Libertate!

Sorry, I didn't meant to hurt you.:( I am reeally sorry, The_J. :( I never wanted to hurt you, as you're kind with me. I appreciate that. Even if I am harsh, as i think TF could do something.

About that database thing: Is THAT possible? I had a forum too, but never watched it so closely. Wow, it gives me hope. :) Thank you.

15. AbsintheRed

AbsintheRed Deity

Don't worry Nitram, I also voted A+
    Now your LHs already have 4 stars

16. Nitram15

Nitram15 Pro Libertate!

Wow, thanks! :D I also wrote an e-mail to TF about the abuse. I hope he will do something about it.

17. Vortilex

Vortilex Imperator Mundi

If you find out his username, you can go to other fora and see if he's a general troll everywhere, or he has some issue with something he thinks you've done. If you find his email, send him a picture of the trollface :p It's wrong of him to be giving you Fs you don't deserve. He's probably a /b/tard or something.

EDIT: It seems you already know his email and have got it covered. But if he continues to pester you, you should make a leaderhead of the troll face and send it to him.

18. Nitram15

Nitram15 Pro Libertate!

The problem is, I don't know his e-mail address. I wrote e-mail to Thunderfall about the problem.

19. veBear

veBear Slumerican Citizen

Sry, but I couldn't find the A++ button, so you will have to be happy with an A+ :(

20. Nitram15

Nitram15 Pro Libertate!

Heh, thank you! :D