No Gandhi in Civilization 6?

Gandhi has already been announced as the leader of the Indian civilization, one or two weeks ago.

As far as I know, the only mention of him was the namedrop in the IGN trailer commentary. They merely stated, he has been in previous civ games and there will be other leaders that will attain a similar infamy as he has. It's hardly a confirmation.

That's not an official source.

I'd say they are reliable. I don't know where you get your latest information, but i have found all leaders so far revelead first on this site. They announced Hojo Tokimune as the leader of Japan days before Civ 6 official youtube channel.

Also it would make sense Gandhi will be the leader since he showed up in the trailer, along with Theo Roosevelt.

However, time will tell.

I'd say they are reliable. I don't know where you get your latest information, but i have found all leaders so far revelead first on this site. They announced Hojo Tokimune as the leader of Japan days before Civ 6 official youtube channel.

Also it would make sense Gandhi will be the leader since he showed up in the trailer, along with Theo Roosevelt.

However, time will tell.

They cite no sources. They are guessing just like everyone else.

I'd say they are reliable.

It's a Wiki. While it can be accurate. it can also be wrong. Just check out any of the info on earlier versions of civilization. Plenty of it is wrong.

I don't know where you get your latest information, but i have found all leaders so far revelead first on this site. They announced Hojo Tokimune as the leader of Japan days before Civ 6 official youtube channel.

Weird. Considering we've known Hojo was going to be the leader of Japan for about a month, and it was officially announced in a German game magazine... which is probably where this wiki got that information. Just because you check the site first doesn't mean that's where the information originated.

Edit: Upon further examining, a great example of wiki inaccuracy is the fact that Spain is a confirmed Civ for civ6. It does not appear in this wiki page. So Spain isn't in the game then?

Also the leader of India is apparently Napoleon.

It's a Wiki. While it can be accurate. it can also be wrong. Just check out any of the info on earlier versions of civilization. Plenty of it is wrong.

Weird. Considering we've known Hojo was going to be the leader of Japan for about a month, and it was officially announced in a German game magazine... which is probably where this wiki got that information. Just because you check the site first doesn't mean that's where the information originated.

Edit: Upon further examining, a great example of wiki inaccuracy is the fact that Spain is a confirmed Civ for civ6. It does not appear in this wiki page. So Spain isn't in the game then?

Also the leader of India is apparently Napoleon.

I rest my case, sry for bothering you guys.

So they've acknowledged his appeal by being part of their marketing, although he is not official. But if he is one of the model leaders for the others that is a big indicator. Gandhi is turning out to be a bigger tease than Cleopatra.

History of India is over 8000 years old. Agreed much of it is lost since we didn't invent paper in time, but representing such a long period with the myopic view of last 50 years seems hardly right. Look at it this way, 400 years down the line, how many lines would Indira Gandhi command in the history books? Not much...

The history of the region of India has a venerable ancient tradition. However, the history of India as a unified culture is a modern construct. Indira Gandhi would probably be among the most mentioned Indian leaders of the modern country. How much coverage the modern country gets will probably depend on whether it still exists in 400 years.

So they've acknowledged his appeal by being part of their marketing, although he is not official. But if he is one of the model leaders for the others that is a big indicator. Gandhi is turning out to be a bigger tease than Cleopatra.

I swear he's been actually mentioned by Ed or Dennis in one of his interview with the context of his infamousn Nuking part of "Is that his historical agenda" and I recall they said no, but that he will have something similiar

Problem is I cannot find said interview.

I swear he's been actually mentioned by Ed or Dennis in one of his interview with the context of his infamousn Nuking part of "Is that his historical agenda" and I recall they said no, but that he will have something similiar

IGN announcement trailer with dev commentary.

Cool, it seems he won't be even that guy from real life that some people use as arguments to get rid of him. It should tell you something that it's just a character from the game - created by devs. How could he possibly be compared to reality for real? Maybe some small parts, that's all.

We re-create the leaders - we do not play as they would in reality. We play as we want etc.

Nothing about the IGN video confirmed he'll be in civ6. They said he's been in the game before, and that some other characters will join ghandi in having a unique spot in civ lore due to the new agenda system.

That said, he's still probably in the game. He's practically a meme; his entire characterization stems from a bug in civ1's coding that accidentally turned him from the most passive leader to the most aggressive leader in the late game. This tradition has continued through out the series on purpose; Ghandhi in civ5 was still a pacifist, yet his coding intentionally made him the most likely to actually use nuclear weapons when it came to war.

There were at least two interviews in which Ed Beach was asked about Gandhi, but the telling one is this PCGamer article:

When asked about Gandhi's fondness for nuclear weapons, Ed Beach responded: "We have a special way of handling him. Initially he's going to seem very peaceful, but he'll have a dark side."

In this PCGamesN article, the author states "Case in point: Gandhi and his nukes. While Firaxis wasn’t going into any details, Beach and Stringer promised that they haven’t forgotten about Civ’s version of Gandhi being very different from his historical counterpart."

Blah, blah, blah! I won't believe until I see it!

And even then people, including me, will still not stop complaining because they have a right to do so. The death of this annoying running gag about nukes is long overdue.

The history of the region of India has a venerable ancient Indira Gandhi would probably be among the most mentioned Indian leaders of the modern country.

Respectfully disagree. Within India, she is well-known for all the wrong reasons.

Top Bottom