1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Octopus Overlords Info

Discussion in 'Fall from Heaven Lore' started by jimi12, Mar 5, 2007.

1. Algeroth

Algeroth 8 and 1/2

Sting-Desert Rose

2. Tortanick

Tortanick Chieftain

Thanks, and your right, the rest would never work for the overlords

3. zxcvbnm

zxcvbnm The Nobody

Are those pieces copyrighted? Will they be replaced later?

(Because I have an awesome idea for the OO movie and music...)

4. Kael

Kael Chieftain

No we probably won't replace those tracks.

5. thomas.berubeg

thomas.berubeg Wandering the World

zxcvbnm, please post your suggestion. i'm curious...

6. zxcvbnm

zxcvbnm The Nobody

The AV Buddha looks quite funny, that was the original reason why I began to think of alternate religion videos.

The idea for them would be, that they'd show something of a religious ritual, like in vanilla civ. For the Octopus Overlords, that would be something like this:

[hollow-sounding drums, in the background]

[whispers of zealot names ('the great one has watchful eyes', 'those in the deep will never sleep', 'i can do ventriloquism lol', 'beware the might of the overlords', etc.) repeated all the time, in the background]

-The black begins to withdraw here, showing a OO-mana node-like structure inside a temple, with those slimy green-grey chains. (I love those chains:p)
    Between them a dreamer is chained[?] in place, with all those burning wax needles and all-

[about here strings, a bit like in the opening slideshow but higher-pitched and faster, but not too dominant (I think the slightly techno-like Desert Rose, while sounding good, is slightly out of character for medieval fantasy, so I'd use older instruments but a similar melody could work perfectly)]

(the camera zooms slowly over the ritual)

[here, singer comes along, singing some gibberish from the overlords (no, no inspiration taken from the Desert Rose at all:p)]

-behind the dreamer, there is a cultist standing in front of the squid picture-

[end the singing to a couple of seconds instrumental only, then something that would sound like what the overlords say through the dreamer, in a suitably weird voice, volume lowering gradually to silence]

(the ending screen is a large picture of that OO squid, the religion symbol)

7. Dead Flag

Dead Flag Chieftain

I really like this idea...

8. thomas.berubeg

thomas.berubeg Wandering the World

they don't worship danalin, but the twisted products of his dreams

9. MagisterCultuum

MagisterCultuum Great Sage

Well, the products of the product of his dreams; Danalin is effectively dreaming of Hemah, who is Effectively dreaming of the Overlords.

10. TheJopa

TheJopa Šumar

And if Hemah is killed? What would happen?

11. Dead Flag

Dead Flag Chieftain

What I meant was a sort of 'Danalin Awakens' event, when he realises what's been happening and so on.

12. zxcvbnm

zxcvbnm The Nobody

And the other gods awaken too and then the godslayer is regained when
    ############################[censored]#############
    and they kill them all off and the Grigori win the game!

13. Dead Flag

Dead Flag Chieftain

Sounds good, when do we start?

14. Mewtarthio

Mewtarthio Chieftain

I think that'd be too big for a Random Event. It would be like having a Random Event that goes, "The One just says 'Screw it!' and personally appears on Erebus. All of creation is instantly undone, and The One starts over from scratch. You all lose!"

15. Dead Flag

Dead Flag Chieftain

Yeah, I was also going to suggest putting it into a whole new phase, but I knew they wouldn't do that. It'd be nice to have another effect like armageddon though; good acts not just reversing the effects, but actually transforming the land into heaven when the counter drops below zero.

16. das

das Regeneration In Process

It would indeed be nice to have several Armageddon-type events, but the heaven idea sounds a bit boring to be honest. A better idea might be to have some additional forces of good show up to fight the evil civilisations.

Another fairly obvious Armageddon-type sequence for Ice would, ofcourse, deal with the Illians and the possibly return of the Age of Ice; Octopus Overlords could have some nice events with floods and madness-induced anarchy. I suppose the Fellowship of the Leaves could have an extended rebellion of nature against civilisation as well.

17. Love

Love Chieftain

Yeah, that probably would be cool. Anyway zxcvbnm, i like that.

18. MagisterCultuum

MagisterCultuum Great Sage

I think that most of those would be better implemented as (religion or civ specific) rituals designed to hurt your rivals.

19. Mewtarthio

Mewtarthio Chieftain

True. We could always use more rituals.

20. sylvanllewelyn

sylvanllewelyn Perma-newb

How would you wake up Danalin? He chose to sleep until the end of time, because he does not wish to live with the sorrow of losing his people. You can't force one of those great angels to wake up when they decide that they won't.

What I don't understand is how the evil religions could give people hapiness. A better way to do it is to reduce unhapiness, but honestly, other than the possible exception of the Balseraphs, what "morbid entertainment" could come from the prospect of a religion like the OO?