Oh, the weather outside is...

Sounds awful. :( I don't think I could stand constant winds for that long. I don't mind wind as long as it's not destructive. Remember the wind storm I talked about at the start of this thread? When I visited my dad at his nursing home, I saw that a huge area of one of the walls had siding gone from it and one of the employees told me the wind storm had done that - they haven't had it fixed yet.

The air here in Alberta, from Edmonton on south, has been very smoky for the past few days. I'm still coughing from my time outside earlier today, and thank goodness it wasn't as hot outside, since I have to keep the windows shut.

calgary-air1.jpg

This is Calgary.

edmonton-air1.jpg

This is Edmonton.

Red Deer is between these two cities, and we're getting all this smoke from one province to the west. There are now fires in Banff, Kootenay, and Jasper National Parks as well, although they're not anywhere near as bad as the BC fires.

Thunderstorms for three days in a row. ..have had to give the big dumb dog antipsychotics

My cat gets a bit upset at loud weather - wind, thunder, hail... but I think that's partly due to her not having another cat to be with. She's still unsettled from suddenly becoming an only-cat a few months ago and gets a bit anxious and clingy at times. I just give her a hug, tell her it's okay, and as long as she sees I'm not mad or anxious she'll calm down.

Hot, again, what a surprise
No significant thunderstorm chance until Saturday night...why gods, why...

Looks like thunderstorms all around. I'm pretty happy now that I'm only in a suburb of Cologne. The citiy is dealing with a floods this week.

Clear blue skies, warm days in the mid 90s, chance of T storms, nights in the 60s. Couldn't be nicer.

We had a brief thunderstorm last night, barely enough to notice. The rain was very welcome. The sky isn't as hazy today, so it looks like the worst of the smoke from the BC forest fires is moving on to Saskatchewan. Mind you, we've got our own forest fires going on in Alberta now; fire has no respect for provincial boundaries, and lightning strikes wherever the hell it pleases.

I'm still keeping the windows closed for now.

Nice Thunderstorm just arrived. I suspect we'll get 30 minutes of great rain and then it will move on. Rain in the desert is always welcome.

36 Celsius. Terrible.

Would be good if i was at some beach, though.
Going to the beach is the only sensible thing to do in that temperature. Do it now!

Today it's been 20 C and blue skies. Perfect for a day of doing as little as possible.

I find every day is perfect for doing as little as possible.

Just as nature intended.

Mainly clear sky here (normal clouds for a change). The temperatures aren't as hot as they were, so things should be good for a few days.

Sunshine! I have sunshine! After weeks of clouds with occasional rain, winds, and thunder & lightning, I now have sunshine!!

Today: thunderstorms and 32
Tomorrow: thunderstorms and 31
Next day: thunderstorms and 30
Next day: thunderstorms and 29
:undecide:

I'm having the usual Frisian summer.
Everyday: 21 and loads of this:
Spoiler :
Oh, how i love being lectured to by smug Cali college kids about water conservation.

Well, it's reasonably warm all year, at the latitude of Edmonton. So i'm not complaining.
Get it in the transcript: Not complaining.
Don't wanna accrue any karma here. :)

Hmm... i got my latest car in May and it came without windshield wiper fluid.
Come to think of it: I've been out of windshield wiper fluid for the last 2 and a half cars... :)
Refilling that stuff is for... what's the politically correct term these days?
Same goes for "summer" tyres.
Obviously.

Top Bottom