Oh, the weather outside is...

After a quick googlefu, as expected Bordeaux is 4° N of Thessalonike and Paris is 4° N of that. Also the only city out of those three which has a Mediterranean climate is yours. So it really makes no sense.

After a quick googlefu, as expected Bordeaux is 4° N of Thessalonike and Paris is 4° N of that. Also the only city out of those three which has a Mediterranean climate is yours. So it really makes no sense.

It was a joke & smugness. I shouldn't have to explain staying in character :eek:

You have a bizarre idea of what constitutes a "beautiful" day. That's far too hot for my comfort level.
Typically, there are two parts to the comfort equation: what one is used to and genetic disposition. Not only am I used to ninety degree days, both with high and low humidity, but I also like the heat and prefer heat to cold in most situations. My wife, who is also used to hot days, prefers cold. She can't wait for winter, would love more snow, and likes to bundle up. Year round 85 degrees with trade winds would suit me perfectly. She'd like southern Colorado with 8 feet of snow in the winter and 70 degree summer days.

I believe that I'm at approximately 52 degrees north, so that's about 3 degrees further north from Paris.

You have a bizarre idea of what constitutes a "beautiful" day. That's far too hot for my comfort level.

I find that if it's your normal weather for two or three months, you sort of get used to it after a while, but I too prefer cooler weather. Anyway, it's not too bad today, only in the mid-80s (30C) and overcast. We got a nice rainstorm yesterday. But we may hit 100 (38C) for the first time in two years this weekend. Of course, it's still too far out to tell for sure. And, to be clear, the heat index regularly goes above 100, but the air temperature itself doesn't all that often.

Last edited:
I find that if it's your normal weather for two or three months, you sort of get used to it after a while
We have a saying here in Alberta: If you don't like the weather, wait five minutes.

Unfortunately, it doesn't always work when you want it to. :( Some warm spells and cold snaps can go on for weeks.

The storm we had yesterday cooled things down a bit, though. It's a good thing I don't keep anything on my balcony, or it would have gotten somewhat dented by the hailstones.

Onos winds tonight.

Things begin perfectly calm. Then comes a howl, like approaching dragon wings. We race to close the sliding glass doors and windows. Within 30 seconds, we have gale force winds. Then comes a rustling like approaching locusts. It's rain. Within 2 minutes, it hits HARD, coming in sideways. This doesn't last long, maybe 15 minutes. Then it subsides into a gentle rain

Nice day, today.

Blue skies, refreshing wind. Not too hot. Just right.

I find that if it's your normal weather for two or three months, you sort of get used to it after a while
I don't.
Since may, it's been a neverending string of "well, tomorrow is going to be hotter" at the radio, with sometimes the temperature dropping for one day or two so the "heat is going to increase" mantra can resume.
I don't think I've seen less than 30°C mid-day and 20°C mid-night more than twice during this time.

I effing HATE this effing HEAT. I'm going to apply for climate asylum in Iceland.

The forecast here starts out "Deadly Heat Expected Tuesday Through Sunday." We're expecting actual high temperatures of almost 40C and the heat index may go above 45C, with lows not going much below 30C. The news guys have been pushing the dangerous heat story, but I expect we'll have a significant number of heat-related deaths in the area. We do a lousy job of getting people in where it is cool.

A monsoon shower yesterday evening was just perfect. Hot and dry again today. Yeah!!

I don't.
Since may, it's been a neverending string of "well, tomorrow is going to be hotter" at the radio, with sometimes the temperature dropping for one day or two so the "heat is going to increase" mantra can resume.
I don't think I've seen less than 30°C mid-day and 20°C mid-night more than twice during this time.

I effing HATE this effing HEAT. I'm going to apply for climate asylum in Iceland.

I don't know about where you live, but here everyone has AC, so I often just go outside in the evenings. Sometimes I'll eat lunch outside in the shade, depending on how hot and humid it is, because the work AC is set at 68F/20C, and it can get a bit chilly when you're used to summer weather.

I don't know about where you live, but here everyone has AC, so I often just go outside in the evenings. Sometimes I'll eat lunch outside in the shade, depending on how hot and humid it is, because the work AC is set at 68F/20C, and it can get a bit chilly when you're used to summer weather.
Let me guess, you're from the US ? :p

Cold and pouring down. But it's fine, this week I've got inside stuff to do. Next week though, the sun would be much appreciated.

Let me guess, you're from the US ? :p

His location is a link to the Google Maps version of Norman, Oklahoma.

Well, not that I have a lot of merit, but my guess was right ^^

His location is a link to the Google Maps version of Norman, Oklahoma.

I'm actually in North Carolina for the summer, but I'm not going to update my location because I'm going back to Norman in the fall.

Habrogat winds started last nght.

They're strong, persistent winds out of the southwest that will go on for weeks. We took the flower boxes down from the seawall or eventually the winds would have scythed them level. 2 onos winds tore an ore freighter free from its anchorage and sent it in our direction :eek: It got under power and headed off for a safr anchorage.

Sky is horizon-to-horizon gray. wave are large and angry. No boats anywhere.

Temps in the high twenties and thunderstormes for as far as the forecast can see. :cringe:

Top Bottom