On Same-sex and Extended Marriage

My country legalized full same-sex marriage about five years ago and I cannot see that my own (pre-existing, hetero) marriage has been noticeably hurt by this. Nor has our ability to breed (two of our three children have been born since then).

I don't think the anti-gay marriage crowd believes that gay marriage necessarily hurts other marriages, just that it is a threat to society at large. Same reason why they oppose contraceptives.

Most are pretty screaming.

By depreciating marriage and family institutions, shifting their orientation.

Are you saying that when homosexual marriage is legal, straight people are going to start turning gay?

Maybe you're afraid that when homosexual people are able to walk down the street without being harassed and when society starts treating them like regular people who don't deserve any hate, you won't have any more reasons to not come out of the closet. That's the only context in which this makes sense to me.

I haven't read the full OP but I do agree group marriage should be acceptable & legal. Monogamy so rarely works it's very strange to fetishize it in a legal ceremony. Marriage people shouldn't have any extra benefits, let whoever marry whoever else & take the matter out of the state's hands entirely.

The West terrorizes and blackmails other cultures to force its perception of good and bad. Which is a Bad Thing.

And many things the West enforces on others, such as treatment of homosexuality, are a recent development from a few years to a few decades old and are not applicable to the West in full. Which makes this Bad Thing especially bad and especially hypocritical.

A culture that demand people who sleep with people of the same gender be ostracised/imprisoned/killed deserve to be changed.

I'd actually love it if the West actually enforces its supposed values as you described. Governments persecute and murder homosexuals and transexuals with impunity and the West does about as much as send a strongly worded letter, if that.

I got more if you want.

Ok Aleksey. Show me you're not an idiot.

Explain how gay marriage changes the sexual orientation of kids. What is the mechanism that makes kids who are attracted to the opposite sex change their orientation.

Explain how you're not an idiot by justifying your comment about perversion.

That evil Western media you go on about tells us about the homophobia that's quite common in Russia. You're doing a great job showing how right they are.

Lastly a question. I don't expect an honest answer. How many gay people can be found in your social circle? (plesse leave terrible pun alone)

Genuinely surprised he hasn't trotted out the line of "Pedophiles/sexual abuse turn kids gay".

Also, on that subject, do you believe that's true?

More kids will turn gay. Sexual and marriage behaviour is not intrinsic it comes through socialization and mimicking adults.

Your sexual orientation is largely hardwired. Especially males.

Top Bottom