• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

One more scientologist....

Che Guava

The Juicy Revolutionary
After hearing that Isaac Hayes is another outspoken scientologist, I started thinking of all the celebrities I could that have decided to follow the teachings of L Ron. It kind of frustrates me to see all these famous people flocking to a 'religion' to seems so obvious to me to be some kind of spiritual scam. I don't want to mock anyone's faith, and if there are some scientologists out there that want to correct me on this (or at least pursuade me), please feel free, but in the meantime, here's my question to you all:

Which celebrity scientologist were you most surprised to hear about?

I think mine would have to be Beck. I really respect him as a musician and a lyricist, but I was really surprised (and yes, a little disappointed) to hear that he wa a devout scientologist. How much money have you given them Beck??!!

Che Guava said:
I think mine would have to be Beck. I really respect him as a musician and a lyricist, but I was really surprised (and yes, a little disappointed) to hear that he wa a devout scientologist. How much money have you given them Beck??!!
Nothing at all, would be my guess.
Scientology has somewhat different doctrine for the celebrities. They pay celebrities with luxury resort stays, counseling and other life-help stuff. Then the celebrities comment on how helpful and kind the Scientologists are, since they demand nothing in return. Often the celebrities convert because of the benefits.

www.xenu.net

Celebrities don't pay that way.

Jason Lee. I lost quite a bit of respect for him when I heard about it. But he's still hillariously funny so I'm not that bothered. I would like to hope that some of them are just taking what they can without believing their crazy nonsense.

Scientology is just a cult that I realy dont care about ;)

Erik Mesoy said:
www.xenu.net

Celebrities don't pay that way.

Y'know, I should have guessed as much....when your organimization has all the money in the world, I guess it isn't too tough to give out celebrity gifts. I just noticed that Chick Corea is on the list too. THat upsets me even more than beck...

CivGeneral said:
Scientology is just a cult that I realy dont care about ;)

Agreed!

People are desperate to believe in something even if they have to actually invent it.

thetrooper said:
Agreed!

People are desperate to believe in something even if they have to actually invent it.

Indeed how do you think religion got started in the first place?:mischief:

The Last Conformist said:
Interesting fact: In Germany, the Church of Scientology is under special surveillance as an organization intent on overthrowing the constitution.

Oy! THat is something. I wonder what evidence they have of that?

The Last Conformist said:
Interesting fact: In Germany, the Church of Scientology is under special surveillance as an organization intent on overthrowing the constitution.
I wonder what the Vatican and the Pope would have to say about Scientology? ;)

(I bet they call it a cult :mischief: )

CivGeneral said:
I wonder what the Vatican and the Pope would have to say about Scientology? ;)

(I bet they call it a cult :mischief: )

There probably kicking themselves it took them ages to get that rich, different times though I supose :D

They'd call it a joke really, I don't think they'd be over worried do you. Your holiness, we have bad news, despite our best attempts to keep Tom Cruise Christian he has gone over to the Scientologists. This is terrible news, to the popemobile!!!!:D

I would be more surprised if some of the people on the list weren't Scientologists.

Then again, just how accurate is this list? Herewith two examples of the recently and not so recently deceased:

"past adherents not currently in scientology -Christopher Reeve"
"current status in scientology is unknown - Gloria Swanson"

You mustn't talk about Scientology, that means that the giant green aliens won't send their invisible helping beams anymore! :scared:

I too was surprised about Beck.

Top Bottom