Optimum/standard room temperature?

What's the standard room temperature in your country?

• Total voters
Over here it's whatever the temperature outside is. Because we're too poor for air conditioning !

Over 30, I live in the tropics :(

Over 30, I live in the tropics :(

Preach it brother!
I find it very laughable when North half of Americans/North half of Europe consider a couple of days at 33C a heatwave when people in the tropics go out in 28-32C heat 365 days a week + 90% Humidity! God Damn Humidity!!

30C? Surely outside right? I get 27-28C as the average room temperature.

Can people actually tell if it is 19 or 20C etc.

If it is 19C and you have just been doing some work in the house you may think it is 21C

If it is 20C and you have just been sitting around drinking a cold beer you may think it is 18C

Preach it brother!
I find it very laughable when North half of Americans/North half of Europe consider a couple of days at 33C a heatwave when people in the tropics go out in 28-32C heat 365 days a week + 90% Humidity! God Damn Humidity!!

What's laughable about it? When it's over 30 °C, it's indeed terrible. We don't use air conditioning in apartments very much in this country.

Each time we have a heat wave here, it reminds me of the fact that white people weren't meant to live in the tropics... :mischief:

On the other hand, we Czechs always laugh when the English or the southern nations complain that the temperatures plunged below zero and there is some snow. Snow!!!

What's laughable about it? When it's over 30 °C, it's indeed terrible. We don't use air conditioning in apartments very much in this country.

Each time we have a heat wave here, it reminds me of the fact that white people weren't meant to live in the tropics... :mischief:

On the other hand, we Czechs always laugh when the English or the southern nations complain that the temperatures plunged below zero and there is some snow. Snow!!!

Because 30 degrees isn't that hot! Not that I like it. Although I'll rather blast my house with airconditioning, sweating through 30 degree heat is tolerable, though not comfortable. It's only really hot pass 33 and incredibly hot pass 35

Frankly, I would not consider it a heat wave until the temperature outside of your body is at least equal to the temperature of your body which at the bare minimum is at least 35C .

When I was growing up in the northeast US, my parents typically kept the house around 20-21 in winter. We didn't have AC so I don't know what they would have done with that.

Here in Austin, we keep our house at 22-24 year-round. Anything out of that range feels uncomfortable to at least some members of the family. I think when you're used to a higher overall outdoor temperature, 20-21 feels cooler.

25 °C is overheated.

Somewhere in the range between 18° and 22°.

When I visit the tropics, I find that most shops with aircon are to cold.

Mmm 30 is nice. 38 with 90% humidity is noticeable.

mostly europeans, which isn't a bad thing to be honest

There really should be two different poll. one for summer and one for winter.

You cannot realistically keep the room temperature the same in both seasons or your electricity bill will up faster than building a warrior in size 10 city.

Preach it brother!

30C? Surely outside right? I get 27-28C as the average room temperature.

That is the killer. I can handle high heat, since it gets in the 40's here and that is fine. But what is worse is a day when an heat trough goes through and the humidity sky rockets. Often the next day it is mid 30's and high humidity and that days are killers. Even right now it was a mid 20's day in spring and I am wearing long pants.

Top Bottom