Optimum/standard room temperature?

What's the standard room temperature in your country?

• Total voters
Growing up in Rio meant that the air conditioning was on at least half the days of the year in my house and all days of the year in the office. I like it at 22 degrees, but most women find that too cold. My girlfriend in particular likes to set the temperature at 25 or warmer, what drives me a bit crazy. I remember back in school and the university it was a constant discussion between boys and girls about how cold the air conditioning should be, with girls always finding it too cold.

There's no heating in Rio, in no house nor office.

Women do tend to get colder than men, which is strange because they have more body fat than men (for the same weight). But they also tend to be skinnier than men on average, so that may be why. I'm kind of skinny, and I do get cold easily. I was cold getting in the shower this morning, but I won't turn on the heat yet. I'll wait a couple of weeks.

I get cold quite easily. I like to keep it between 78°F (25.5°C) and 80°F (26.6°C). Any colder than that and I'll wrap myself in a blanket or throw on a jacket. This, however, is quite a bit hotter than most houses and businesses in the area.

probably 22?

personally i have to live with less than 17 during harsh winter weeks as the heating sytem is too weak, which isnt great but an ok condition to me.

Same for me, but I do it largely to save money. A sweater and perpetual hot tea works well enough for me, I prefer the touch of cold air to warm myself anyway.

70 usually pretty good all year round.

During the dog days of summer, 60 is best.

During the winter, I'd like to get it up to 75, or 80.

22C is ideal for me. I think most people in Canada would agree that "21-22 or so" is room temperature.

I live right smack in the middle of the great lakes, so in the summer it gets VERY humid. Even if it's just 25C outside, it can feel like 35C with humidex. Air conditioning is a must :p During hot & humid days I need it to be 23C or lower inside, well conditioned.

In the winter it can get -20C here, and the ideal temperature indoors is about the same as in the summer.. 22ish

Go ahead, make me break out the calculator. ;)

In the summer we cool to 24.5, in the winter we heat to 22. Cooling to 22 in the summer would cost an extra $50-100 a month in electricity.

Normal daytime ambient is 38 in the summer and varies between 10 and 21 in the winter.

Top Bottom