Parler's Fantastic Free Speech Thread

We don't need to imagine them, people meeting this description were widely documented around Capitol lately.

Except Muntzer wasn't trying to overturn an election, there was really no avenue for change except revolution then. What I've read on him suggests that whilst deluded (like just about everybody else then) he wasn't unscrupulous or insincere and the bishops and princes certainly weren't open to land reform or any meaningful change. Perhaps you think he should have petitioned them?

Can you explain the "Freeze Peach" thing to me? I mean obviously it's two words that sound like free speech when said together, but... is that it? Is it really something as childish as joining a communist message board with the account name "Mark Schism" and going "hurr hurr", or is there (hopefully) more to it?
The seriousness of the label is used to match the tone of the content it is directed as a reply at. If someone was making a serious effort to discuss free speech, and demonstrated an actual understanding of what the phrase means and how it applies to moderate speech on a private company's platform, it wouldn't be necessary. Such a person would not be a part of the "freeze peach" crowd.

It has a contextual use, basically. "freeze peach" is used to describe the demographic that misuse "free speech" (often selectively so - see how there is often no issue with Kaepernick being deplatformed for his nonviolent act of protest). You can call it childish if you want, no harm done.

IOW, a song by The (unimpeached?) Presidents of the USA. :)

Isle of Wight?

The seriousness of the label is used to match the tone of the content it is directed as a reply at. If someone was making a serious effort to discuss free speech, and demonstrated an actual understanding of what the phrase means and how it applies to moderate speech on a private company's platform, it wouldn't be necessary. Such a person would not be a part of the "freeze peach" crowd.

It has a contextual use, basically. "freeze peach" is used to describe the demographic that misuse "free speech" (often selectively so - see how there is often no issue with Kaepernick being deplatformed for his nonviolent act of protest). You can call it childish if you want, no harm done.

If that's all it is, how could it reasonably be described as anything other than childish?

Except Muntzer wasn't trying to overturn an election, there was really no avenue for change except revolution then. What I've read on him suggests that whilst deluded (like just about everybody else then) he wasn't unscrupulous or insincere and the bishops and princes certainly weren't open to land reform or any meaningful change. Perhaps you think he should have petitioned them?
Oh, I agree Müntzer was not unscrupulous or insincere, he only meets the "deluded" criteria. I could have been clearer there.
EDIT: Also, the peasants certainly had legitimate grievances. As do Trump supporters, by the way. Not regarding latest elections, of course, and not necessarily having anything to do with groups they've been lured into scapegoating, but they're there...

Last edited:
ToS violations. I can understand why some leeway is given to very important government officials, and I can also see why a much tighter reign should be given them.

I would lean towards being too tight we should expect any government leader to have a PR team that is pre checking any official Communications

Apples new logo

Spoiler :
Barr said Trump betrayed his office.
Pence is furious.

Those 2 are his strongest supporters, so I believe them.
At some point everyone will have to admit he messed up bigly this time.

Here:
https://news.yahoo.com/trump-reportedly-acknowledged-partially-blame-131835357.html
President Trump acknowledged that he is somewhat at fault for his supporters’ decision to storm the U.S. Capitol last week in a conversation with House GOP Leader Kevin McCarthy, according to reports.

McCarthy told House Republicans on a call Monday about the president’s acknowledgment, sources reportedly told Fox News and Politico.

McCarthy reportedly agreed that Trump bears responsibility for the rioting at the Capitol which left five people dead, including one Capitol Police officer, as Congress met to count the electoral votes last week.

The media always bashes republican presidents and goes to sleep during democrat ones.

I read the news with this in mind.

I think you must go to sleep during democratic times. I can't remember Carter, Clinton or Obama having an easy time with the media.

I think there are many platforms that offers good anonymity. Use Tor, then visit those who don't require cell phone number to register. (an throwaway Email address can be done on Protonmail and many others). The chan and craigslist are pretty lax moderated.

If you really want to break US laws, you may find it a good idea to operate in Russia, for copyright infringement sites.

If you want to break both US and Russian laws, you may better start an Onion service.

Drudge broke the Lewinsky scandal.

National Enquirer broke the John Edwards scandal.

Major media doesn't do democrat scandals.

The Lewinsky scandal clearly wasn't reported at all in the "mainstream media", not sir, you are absolutely correct about that one :crazyeye:
Since when does Drudge breaking a story constitute the media not talking about it? Someone has to break a story, and in most cases it is exactly one source that does so. Your argument would only make any kind of sense if absolutely no one had talked about it once the story broke. Needless to say, making such a claim would be utterly ridiculous, as the whole thing was all over the press for a very long time, to the point that it even garnered significant attention in most western countries throughout the whole deal.

Claiming that the media only reports Republican scandals and falls asleep when a democrat holds the office of president isn't supported by reality. There is not an ounce of truth to it. The largest part of the larger media is interested in everything that gains attention and drives ratings. Especially channels like CNN. For them it doesn't matter who does what, as long as it creates a lot of interest.

The Lewinsky scandal clearly wasn't reported at all in the "mainstream media", not sir, you are absolutely correct about that one :crazyeye:
Since when does Drudge breaking a story constitute the media not talking about it? Someone has to break a story, and in most cases it is exactly one source that does so. Your argument would only make any kind of sense if absolutely no one had talked about it once the story broke. Needless to say, making such a claim would be utterly ridiculous, as the whole thing was all over the press for a very long time, to the point that it even garnered significant attention in most western countries throughout the whole deal.

Claiming that the media only reports Republican scandals and falls asleep when a democrat holds the office of president isn't supported by reality. There is not an ounce of truth to it. The largest part of the larger media is interested in everything that gains attention and drives ratings. Especially channels like CNN. For them it doesn't matter who does what, as long as it creates a lot of interest.
Governor Cuomo (D) killed 1000s when he ordered covid positive patients into nursing homes.

He then won an Emmy for his covid leadership.

What has CNN said about it?

And here we have everything wrong with the "Freeze Peach" crowd in a nutshell. Equivocating violent threats (given the subject of this thread, the app in question, and Berzerker's complete unwillingness to specify another app or company) with "thinking differently" :)

When did I 'equivocate' a joke about Apple to violent threats? My complete unwillingness? I didn't know I was required to post joke logos about other companies, I didn't see any. I saw this one about Apple and found it amusing. I've criticized people for making death threats and said they should be in prison, I characterized the pro-life tactic of targeting abortion doctors with scare tactics as terrorism.

I started a thread defending Kaepernick et al and criticizing Trump over that and I criticized people who deplatformed the Dixie Chicks, so you wont find me in your box. "Freeze Peach" is just a new way for people who dont believe in free speech to mock those who do.

Childish, after someone explained it to you like you're 5.

ignorance is not immaturity

When did I 'equivocate' a joke about Apple to violent threats? My complete unwillingness? I didn't know I was required to post joke logos about other companies, I didn't see any. I saw this one about Apple and found it amusing. I've criticized people for making death threats and said they should be in prison, I characterized the pro-life tactic of targeting abortion doctors with scare tactics as terrorism.
You're in a thread about Parler, and what you find "amusing" relates to Apple's lack of tolerance for Parler disseminating specific content while being available through the Apple App Store. Unless the image had absolutely no relevant to the topic, you can stop protesting now ;)

I started a thread defending Kaepernick et al and criticizing Trump over that and I criticized people who deplatformed the Dixie Chicks, so you wont find me in your box. "Freeze Peach" is just a new way for people who dont believe in free speech to mock those who do.
No, it describes a (stereotyped) demographic. I didn't even say you were in it. It was a single phrase in quotes, and yet it gets this much hassle. More hassle than you're giving Parler for their decision to promote violent content, for sure.

Top Bottom