PBEM Minor League (2010)

I'll be bringing my IOT writing skills to this game. I have decided to drop IOTs and reserve my energy for PBEMs.

I never understood what can you do in IOTs which you could not do in a decent PBEM:)? After all that pictures of Yamato -- I am wondering what promotions it has as a screen shot in the game? :mischief:

We are weak in every aspect... why do I torture myself with civs like this??!!!
Because you like to be different!!! :p

Nighthawk419 said:
I see your planes in the Congo keeping an eye on me...
What???? What is this? I'm not the only one to be spied by the British airplanes????????
And I thought that the plane on the Falklands was a special one!!! :rolleyes:

Like nothing seen before, since WWII. The Japanese people are re-invigorated and looking at ways to help the nation recover, after decades in the doldrums. The sight of the Yamato restored to its full glory is seen as the catalyst to this rise in morale and energy.

Many are joining a new peace corps

They will be used to develop undeveloped mountain regions where new mines will be built, in the hope of finding new resources.

Others are lining up to join the Military

Many regiments are at only battalion strength or even worse exist only on paper. These will be restored to full strength over the coming months or years.

What of the Navy? Well much of the development is taking place in secret and whispers are coming out about a new Yamato II class Battleship powered by Nuclear Energy with uranium sourced from a friendly power.

Japan will once more become a significant ally to ensuring world peace.

I'm not the only one to be spied by the British airplanes????????

Here in UK we do not discriminate against the countries we stay in touch with. Spying is such a vulgar word. British sophistication, tactfulness and sensibilities beg for a more refined phrase in this regard. Like ... like .. well we have already said it -- like staying in touch with the other gentlemen! :hatsoff:

This world needs peace, we don't want to end up like Londoners in the parallel Universe called Today :nono::nuke:

@ Hercules,
After you finish your Australia turn please load human USA. To be fair for every player please decline all the trade offers made by human players (I hope we all agree to let AI Obama make his own decisions), vote for yourself (Obama) and immediately Retire (Esc --> Retire) -- so that AI could take control of the leading Civ on the planet. This should of been done from the very beginning, but, hey, better late than even later :D You will watch AI playing America and then it will generate the file for me.

Obama has retired in February 2010 and has been replaced with... Obama!!! :crazyeye:

Meanwhile the USA Government is denying any "cloning" insinuations, claming that "it would not make sense to clone the President"...

Before leaving the office the copy cat of Obama could still read some of the CIA reports... reports that indicated major troops movements of Russia into Turkey and China into Pakistan...

Here's Auz starting demo, hopefully.

Attachments

• Demo1 Auz0000.JPG
    Demo1 Auz0000.JPG
    105.4 KB · Views: 252
Thanks for Demo Hercules! Only Brazil is missing :cooool:

@ Luthor I got the file with a cloned Obama. :goodjob: I did not realize you have kept all my additional UN missions from Today. Barbarian King had only 3 candidates in his original scenario: Ban ki Moon, Obama and Hu from China. Who from China? Hu from China! I gave every human player a mission for a fair start. Brazil was supposed to be human, but players had technical difficulties, and I had to resign him.

Did you place all those Bears in Africa or they came as a by-product of Raging Barbarian start? :lmao:

Can we smell antisemitism here :eek: ?

Spoiler :

GPS Luthor...

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0151.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0151.JPG
    157.9 KB · Views: 372
I did not realize you have kept all my additional UN missions from Today.
Ooooops... neither did I!!! :eek:
So, I am the only human with a (remote) possibility of being UN president??? Something that not even the mighty UK and Japan can do?

Did you place all those Bears in Africa (...)
Yes! :cool:
I wanted some animal variety, not only lions! So bears in Africa represent... I don't know... they represent... Elephants?

All diplomatical activites in Brazil are on hold this month due to the most important event in the world - the Brazilian Carnival!!! [party]:beer::dance:

After all, it is 11 months preparing for this one month!!! :D

^^ I hope Moderators don't read PBEM "GPS " threads :mischief:

:D @ Brazil

Meanwhile in Japan our people are waiting to get jobs assigned to them.

GPS to Nighthawk

A ...... video featuring the Australian prime minister, Julia Gillard, who says the Mayans were right: the end of the world is nigh. In her .... trailer for radio station Triple J's breakfast show, Gillard speculates whether the apocalypse, which the Mayans say is due on 21 December, will come in the form of flesh-eating zombies, demonic hell-beasts or the triumph of K-pop

Just broadcast recently ;):)

South African leaders struggle to deal with starvation in their lands. Any gifts of health foods for the poor and dying citizens of Africa would be much appreciated!

Sent on to Hercules

Alas, there are very few practical ways this can be done within the game mechanics. Great Merchant? Healthy food is only good if you have a really strong industry which generates polution.
In Civ2 there was a caravan unit -- you could make it food Caravan and transfer food from one city to another city :goodjob:

In Civ2 there was a caravan unit -- you could make it food Caravan and transfer food from one city to another city :goodjob:
It's true! I forgot about it! I missed it a lot in the beginning of CivIII but then I totally forgot about it!

It was a usefull but boring unit! Boring because if you had to send several units from some cities to others every turn without being automated -> Boring! Argh! :gripe:

I never played civ 2, civ 3 is where I started so I never knew of that.

And there is a way to make it work - a gift of a health resource like bananas, wheat, etc. I have starvation due to too much population (only in 3 cities) and not enough food/health resources. I'm building hospitals, but until they are done I'm losing a pop per turn! :( I got a good deal on buying bananas or something like that from one of the AI, and traded gems for another, but thats all I could handle. Obama charged me an exhorbitant price for surplus health foods!!!! God damn hippy liberals!

I was told SA has some Uranium resources. Will check it when I get a file from Hercules.

Top Bottom